• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I'm LOVING. Howell and Dodson!? OH YEAH. Patience was a virtue on this offseason. What a great signing. We can actually go Nubin or any one of the ton of OL available with our 16th at this point.
Hope your this upbeat in game threads this season. LOL

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Dotson other then he was a LB for the Bills, but I got to say this info sounds pretty good:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear anything about Dotson contract?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your this upbeat in game threads this season. LOL

BpB5EE.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On reflection the Seahawks have filled some of their holes prior to the draft. Which is a plus going into the draft, if they can find a guard, then they will be in decent shape to let the draft come to them and not feel pressured to reach for a player and go BPA. Another ILB prior to the draft won't hurt either. Wish there was some data on current cap space for teams or at least the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Walter Football, ranking free agents at linebacker.

1710477618827.png

Sounds pretty good. One thing though, Dotson is a Will LB not a Mike. Notice D'Vondre Campbell who is a Mike LB is still available. Sort of old, been declining, but for the right price could be a good hedge at linebacker. Note Brooks was rated as #19 on this list.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% would take a 5 mill a year Lock and our 3rd and 5th round picks over Howell and their 4th and 6th round picks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that hitch he has in his throwing motion is going to be a huge tell. He ALWAYS pats the ball before he throws it meaning he is a half second late on all his throws. Bad habit that he may not be able to break.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the swap of picks was a value of a late 3rd round AFTER removing the value of the picks we got back. ( 128.8 ) Is Howell worth a late 3rd? not from what i saw in the 2023 season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% would take a 5 mill a year Lock and our 3rd and 5th round picks over Howell and their 4th and 6th round picks.
Probably not much of a difference there, but one advantage with Howell (other than price) is 2 years of control vs 1 for the deal Lock signed. Lock was also a FA, so it's quite possible he just chose to be somewhere else. We couldn't force him to stay at our price.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't necessarily have a lot of cap (the $30M on spotrac/overthecap does not include Fant x2, Brown, Harris, Burns, Jenkins) so I don't know why you think we have $5M just sitting around for a backup... would you rather have Lock, MID 3rd and 5th round picks? Or an EARLY 4th (that's important), 6th round, Howell, and Dodson (because the extra $4M likely allowed that signing) and then knowing you still have a void in 2025 with a weak QB class? If your answer is the former, hey... opinions vary.

Sure we can draft a QB with the 3rd... but now we don't have to worry about that (especially if Schneider doesn't like those prospects) and can spend the early 4th on DL/OL.

Lock might be fine as a backup, but he's a career backup. He's going to be 28 this season. Howell will be 24... everyone knows what Lock can do, and it's not much. Okay I know everyone got all excited about the Philly game (which is why he got $5M) but Philly fell off a cliff halfway through the season and was just as crappy as our defense lol.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the swap of picks was a value of a late 3rd round AFTER removing the value of the picks we got back. ( 128.8 ) Is Howell worth a late 3rd? not from what i saw in the 2023 season.
needs a coach to break him of the habit of holding the ball too long.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
needs a coach to break him of the habit of holding the ball too long.

Correct.

And for Seahawks fans, Rattler or Milton are the consensus 3rd rounders who also hold onto the ball too long. Milton has a cannon arm and can throw the length of the field if he has 5+ seconds of a clean pocket to allow a receiver to run the route, while also not overthrowing him, but sucks at everything else lol... Rattler has progression issues and also holds onto the ball too long.

So even if we drafted a guy in the 3rd round, are they better than Howell? Eh, probably not. At least there's a lot of NFL footage to watch already with Howell and see where the issues are. And he might as well be a rookie.

The only thing I can see some Hawks fans get annoyed with, is does this mean Seattle is passing on a 1st round option like Nix or McCarthy. I don't know where all the McCarthy hype came from but I don't get why the hell you'd take him at 16. I think it's clearly Harbaugh! and National Championship!. Nix at least has mobility, reminds me of Wilson but not quite the cannon arm. But Schneider wanted to trade Wilson (for Allen) so... while he did want him initially, he was ready to move on. I don't know if he wants Wilson 2.0? Penix at 16 would be a disaster. I mean he's got a good arm and some good processing (although routinely misses easy throws for a deeper opp), but the rest is a disaster.. and he'll probably be injured at some point in his rookie deal. Not to mention his receiving crew was A+ tier for NCAAF - it wasn't even close... he had a possible top 5 WR being drafted, another in likely the 2nd round.. and another who could be a late 3rd... in a stacked WR class lmao...

@redskinsfan1963 I think as you'd agree Washington was a crappy team. Not much to work with there offensively or defensively for a QB. He'll have much better weapons in Seattle and SHOULD have a better defense (Seattle had a ton of talent/money/high draft picks on defense, Carroll just lost it and Hurtt didn't know wtf was going on).

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

And for Seahawks fans, Rattler or Milton are the consensus 3rd rounders who also hold onto the ball too long. Milton has a cannon arm and can throw the length of the field if he has 5+ seconds of a clean pocket to allow a receiver to run the route, while also not overthrowing him, but sucks at everything else lol... Rattler has progression issues and also holds onto the ball too long.

So even if we drafted a guy in the 3rd round, are they better than Howell? Eh, probably not. At least there's a lot of NFL footage to watch already with Howell and see where the issues are. And he might as well be a rookie.

The only thing I can see some Hawks fans get annoyed with, is does this mean Seattle is passing on a 1st round option like Nix or McCarthy. I don't know where all the McCarthy hype came from but I don't get why the hell you'd take him at 16. I think it's clearly Harbaugh! and National Championship!. Nix at least has mobility, reminds me of Wilson but not quite the cannon arm. But Schneider wanted to trade Wilson (for Allen) so... while he did want him initially, he was ready to move on. I don't know if he wants Wilson 2.0? Penix at 16 would be a disaster. I mean he's got a good arm and some good processing (although routinely misses easy throws for a deeper opp), but the rest is a disaster.. and he'll probably be injured at some point in his rookie deal. Not to mention his receiving crew was A+ tier... he has a possible top 5 WR being drafted, another in likely the 2nd round.. and another who could be a late 3rd... in a stacked WR class lmao...

@redskinsfan1963 I think as you'd agree Washington was a crappy team. Not much to work with there offensively or defensively for a QB. He'll have much better weapons in Seattle and SHOULD have a better defense (Seattle had a ton of talent/money/high draft picks on defense, Carroll just lost it and Hurtt didn't know wtf was going on).
agree,Washington grew better when rr got canned and have made huge improvements to better the team.i think Carrol,s age and stubborness finally caught up to him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me that the Vikings are going to try and move up for a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me that the Vikings are going to try and move up for a QB.

Leapfrogging Atlanta doesn't make any sense now. I guess trying to leapfrog the Titans or Jets? Or maybe ensure they can stay ahead of the Broncos? I guess 11, 23, 2025 1st, and maybe a 2025 3rd and 2026 2nd could get them to 3? Who knows. I'd think with Jones and Howell gone there is no way the Pats or Skins trade down... but *shrugs*. At 11 you should still be able to get Nix or McCarthy. If Nix and McCarthy go top 10... WOW... that seems ridiculous to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also good for Seattle. With Allen gone, the Chargers are likely to take a WR which we DO NOT need... if Bowers drops to 16, I don't care about needs, you gotta pull the trigger on that. Either way, with the Chargers now likely forced to take a wideout, this should cause a little bit of slippage for positions of need to us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also good for Seattle. With Allen gone, the Chargers are likely to take a WR which we DO NOT need... if Bowers drops to 16, I don't care about needs, you gotta pull the trigger on that. Either way, with the Chargers now likely forced to take a wideout, this should cause a little bit of slippage for positions of need to us.
With the contract the Seahawks gave Fant I'd be surprised if they took Bowers over a OL or DL at pick 16. I'm going to predict the Vikings trade up with the Chargers for pick 5 and take McCarthy.