• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If something crazy happens and the Skins decide to try and go for it THIS year by signing a Cam or Phillip Rivers, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Ideally I'd like to get a young TE that Haskins can develop a real rapport with. Olsen can play though.

If the commitment is to Haskins, and there are thoughts of having a veteran QB beyond Alex Smith on the roster, there's one guy who actually fits the bill and may cost as little as 10 million to get as a free agent...Teddy Bridgewater. I know that 10 million is a lot considering Smith's chunk of change, but think about how much it's going to cost to get the two named here. (Rivers and Newton)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Morre from KC. He has experience in Turner's offense. Haskins is the guy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Anderson would have to be strong side LBer in my opinion. Probably do okay against the run. I would worry about him in pass coverage. Maybe situational LBer who plays about 30% of the snaps. If I was the opposing OC and saw him I might look to see what I could get against him in pass coverage.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the Dolphins would have to start with 5 &18 or I wouldn't even pick up the phone.

Listening to JP's podcast yesterday, he said the buzz around Tua is going to grow as the draft nears. He said he talked to someone he really trust and said if Tua's hip checks out he is the top QB in the draft and it's not close.

Said Tua is Tebow off the field, Brady in the locker room and next level arm talent. Said Dolphins are all in on getting Tua.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the Dolphins would have to start with 5 &18 or I wouldn't even pick up the phone.

Listening to JP's podcast yesterday, he said the buzz around Tua is going to grow as the draft nears. He said he talked to someone he really trust and said if Tua's hip checks out he is the top QB in the draft and it's not close.

Said Tua is Tebow off the field, Brady in the locker room and next level arm talent. Said Dolphins are all in on getting Tua.
I would need all 3 first rounders to pass on Chase

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna give me all three, I'd have to think about it. Even then I don't know.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW !

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why we are going to a 4-3 if we need new line backers?
So just to confirm we need:

CB
FS
WR
TE
RT
LT
RG
MLB
OLB

Every freaking year the list of needs grows. I am not a coach but if we have the personel to run the 3-4, why not stick with it? Instead we are going to draft a DE when we don't reallly need one. Young is the best player but we still have:

Allen, IMan, Payne and Sweat for the DLine. If we draft Young (which we should) we are log jammed at a position and weak at the LB spot. We need more picks and more cap room to improve the team.

Who plays the 3 LB spots if the season opened today? I guess Holcomb is the MLB and Anderson is OLB?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why we are going to a 4-3 if we need new line backers?
So just to confirm we need:

CB
FS
WR
TE
RT
LT
RG
MLB
OLB

Every freaking year the list of needs grows. I am not a coach but if we have the personel to run the 3-4, why not stick with it? Instead we are going to draft a DE when we don't reallly need one. Young is the best player but we still have:

Allen, IMan, Payne and Sweat for the DLine. If we draft Young (which we should) we are log jammed at a position and weak at the LB spot. We need more picks and more cap room to improve the team.

Who plays the 3 LB spots if the season opened today? I guess Holcomb is the MLB and Anderson is OLB?

I think they are switching to a 43 because the have spent countless first round picks on guys who are playing out of position in the 34. Sweat and Kerrigan are natural 43 DEs. Allen and Payne are natural 43 DTs. Young is a natural 43 end. When your best players and the guys you spent first round picks on are ineffective because they are doing something they have never been asked to do, or are not good at, it makes sense to put them into position to succeed. Not saying it will work, but we know what we're doing isn't working for anyone, so why not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are switching to a 43 because the have spent countless first round picks on guys who are playing out of position in the 34. Sweat and Kerrigan are natural 43 DEs. Allen and Payne are natural 43 DTs. Young is a natural 43 end. When your best players and the guys you spent first round picks on are ineffective because they are doing something they have never been asked to do, or are not good at, it makes sense to put them into position to succeed. Not saying it will work, but we know what we're doing isn't working for anyone, so why not.

The problem was coaching, not who played where. The Redskins under the previous coaches were in 4-3 often. Kerrigan often had a hand in the dirt. No one plays just 3-4 or just 4-3. Down and distance determines the defensive set and who will be on the field. One of the reasons teams use hurry up on offense is to prevent changing personnel. There are many other defenses (most with 4 down lineman) 4-2-5; 4-1-6. The Redskins were successful as pass rushers but bad in pass defense. How often did we see the opposition score while two DBs looked at each other confused. This team needs COACHING!!!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it will be nice to not have to watch Sweat drop back into coverage or chasing down some 3rd down back because he lost containment.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it will be nice to not have to watch Sweat drop back into coverage or chasing down some 3rd down back because he lost containment.

Del Rio said he will not be doing that. :D