• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds to win the SB

Did Vegas get this right?

• About right

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Way off

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Pretty close except...

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Who has the best potato salad in LV?

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the potential is there for them to be the 5th best team in the NFL this year. Looking at their schedule, I realistically see one game that they have a fairly low chance of winning, and that's at New England, but even that isn't out of the question with their personnel losses.

They still have the draft, and Dorsey has a penchant for drafting impact players as rookies (I think he's had a pro bowler in something like his last 4 draft classes in KC/CLE), so as good as this team is now, the odds are they're going to be even better from a "this season" standpoint after the draft.

You have a qb and rookie head coach in prove it mode, a lot of expectations for unproven commodities

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Browns won the offseason. BDF. Rex Ryan won it every year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a qb and rookie head coach in prove it mode, a lot of expectations for unproven commodities
Agree on Kitchens for sure, but I think it's fair to have a high level of confidence in Baker, considering he broke the rookie TD record in only 13 games and rated as a top 10 QB for the season by PFF.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Kitchens for sure, but I think it's fair to have a high level of confidence in Baker, considering he broke the rookie TD record in only 13 games and rated as a top 10 QB for the season by PFF.

Pretty crazy he was at 8 for a rookie - PFF

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State your case against the Browns, other than saying "They're the Browns".
The Browns are the Flavor of the Week and Vegas knows the betting public go with the media frenzy.
Trust me when Vegas makes these lines they adjust them using Intel on who the people will bet on. That's in no way saying the Browns are bad, but reality is they could be 3 or 4 spots lower.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are the Flavor of the Week and Vegas knows the betting public go with the media frenzy.
Trust me when Vegas makes these lines they adjust them using Intel on who the people will bet on. That's in no way saying the Browns are bad, but reality is they could be 3 or 4 spots lower.
Absolutely, no disagreement here.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any trepidation in KC over Hill's status? Still haven't heard anything definitive either way.
Trepidation, but, whatever happened, it doesn't look like anything criminal is likely to come out of it. Really, it just depends if there's any meaningful custody issue at this point; as I am guessing Goodell and the NFL would react to that.

Another possibility is we get nothing until midseason as far as clarity goes. That would be... uncomfortable. Just my take. As to what actually happened? That's something to think about, but that facts are kind of scant at this point.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trepidation, but, whatever happened, it doesn't look like anything criminal is likely to come out of it. Really, it just depends if there's any meaningful custody issue at this point; as I am guessing Goodell and the NFL would react to that.

Another possibility is we get nothing until midseason as far as clarity goes. That would be... uncomfortable. Just my take. As to what actually happened? That's something to think about, but that facts are kind of scant at this point.
Sort of seems like that's how things are going. There was a little smoke, but at this point, it doesn't seem like it's going to amount to much. What are your thoughts on him long-term in KC?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of seems like that's how things are going. There was a little smoke, but at this point, it doesn't seem like it's going to amount to much. What are your thoughts on him long-term in KC?
If I solely viewed him as a player, he'd be one of the very, very few WR's I'd want to willingly throw elite money at as outlier talents at WR that really are gamebreaking threats (and live up to that label) do not come around very often.

Not sure how you can come out of this and think you rush to get a deal done now. Halfway wondering if Clark (irony alert) didn't get Hill's money just now. Jones supposedly is gonna get a megadeal of his own in July.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I solely viewed him as a player, he'd be one of the very, very few WR's I'd want to willingly throw elite money at as outlier talents at WR that really are gamebreaking threats (and live up to that label) do not come around very often.

Not sure how you can come out of this and think you rush to get a deal done now. Halfway wondering if Clark (irony alert) didn't get Hill's money just now. Jones supposedly is gonna get a megadeal of his own in July.
Yeah it's going to be interesting, there will definitely be $20m+ wrapped up in Jones and Clark by next year. When can Watkins be cut? That was one of the dumber contracts in recent memory

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's going to be interesting, there will definitely be $20m+ wrapped up in Jones and Clark by next year. When can Watkins be cut? That was one of the dumber contracts in recent memory
Year 3. They kind of did it in a dumb way though unless they thought they might extend him so there's still a noticeable amount of DM even in that last year. Tyreek Hill (Kelce?) insurance I guess in their minds.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 3. They kind of did it in a dumb way though unless they thought they might extend him so there's still a noticeable amount of DM even in that last year. Tyreek Hill insurance I guess in their minds.
Yikes. Think they'll make a play on a WR early in the draft? It's awful thin behind Hill and Watkins it seems, and you can't necessarily rely on Watkins for anything great anymore.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Think they'll make a play on a WR early in the draft? It's awful thin behind Hill and Watkins it seems, and you can't necessarily rely on Watkins for anything great anymore.
They could, but I think Robinson is just fine as a WR3 and Dieter a 4 respectively. Less crowded with Conley, Wilson, and Harris at TE gone, but they'll be fine. Especially when Kelce is already kind of there. No need to have 3 badass WR's like the Rams. If TE wasn't such a shady position after Fant and Hockenson, I'd argue they should draft a TE over most of these WR's that'd be available at the bottom of the 2nd where the Chiefs will have 2 picks. If the Hill situation goes sour you kind of have to eat that bullet I feel like unless someone just drops way below where they should like a Marquise Brown.

Safety and CB still have to be the priority. Defenses with 3 or so star level talents are never far from being good, so I'd prefer they just shoot their shot with defense and let the chips fall where they may. If it works out they'll be ahead of everyone by a pretty noticeable margin.