• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds to win the SB

Did Vegas get this right?

• About right

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Way off

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Pretty close except...

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Who has the best potato salad in LV?

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are not the 5th best team in the NFL. They are up and coming but getting ODB does not put them over the hump. I can see them winning their division but I do not see them going deep in the playoffs just yet. Their defense is just bad IMO.

I have the Rams, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys and Texans better than them. Yes...I know the Rams have the same odds as the Browns....they should be higher IMO. I have them even with the Steelers.
Adding OBJ, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, and Kareem Hunt though?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anyone thinks the Browns are the 5th best team in the NFL including Browns fans and whomever made these odds. I think the schedule is very easy and that is part of what Vegas looks at. They also try to predict where the money will be bet and there was a lot of Browns hype after free agency which may have influenced the odds. I suspect by the time the season starts the odds for them will settle in at a more reasonable #
I think the potential is there for them to be the 5th best team in the NFL this year. Looking at their schedule, I realistically see one game that they have a fairly low chance of winning, and that's at New England, but even that isn't out of the question with their personnel losses.

They still have the draft, and Dorsey has a penchant for drafting impact players as rookies (I think he's had a pro bowler in something like his last 4 draft classes in KC/CLE), so as good as this team is now, the odds are they're going to be even better from a "this season" standpoint after the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the potential is there for them to be the 5th best team in the NFL this year. Looking at their schedule, I realistically see one game that they have a fairly low chance of winning, and that's at New England, but even that isn't out of the question with their personnel losses.

They still have the draft, and Dorsey has a penchant for drafting impact players as rookies (I think he's had a pro bowler in something like his last 4 draft classes in KC/CLE), so as good as this team is now, the odds are they're going to be even better from a "this season" standpoint after the draft.
I suspect if we all ranked our top 5 NFL teams no one would have the Browns in there. But, anything could happen in the NFL. They could end up in the SB for all we know. Last year at this time wasn't Jacks in the top 5 or at least close? They crashed and burned. So April opinions (especially pre-draft) are just talking points. We'll find out in Nov/Dec who the real players should be...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding OBJ, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, and Kareem Hunt though?

Hunt is going to miss 8 games. That is half the season and that is going to really hurt.

I am not saying that adding the players did not and will not help because they will. I never said the Browns were not going to be good. However I do not believe they are the 5th best team in the NFL. I still believe the teams I listed are better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect if we all ranked our top 5 NFL teams no one would have the Browns in there. But, anything could happen in the NFL. They could end up in the SB for all we know. Last year at this time wasn't Jacks in the top 5 or at least close? They crashed and burned. So April opinions (especially pre-draft) are just talking points. We'll find out in Nov/Dec who the real players should be...
Definitely agree. I've said on here that I wouldn't put them in the top 5 in the NFL right now, and that I think the odds are too high, but it's not "somebody must be doing drugs" too high.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is going to miss 8 games. That is half the season and that is going to really hurt.

I am not saying that adding the players did not and will not help because they will. I never said the Browns were not going to be good. However I do not believe they are the 5th best team in the NFL. I still believe the teams I listed are better.
I don't think it's going to hurt bad at all, considering we have Nick Chubb. Getting him for the final 8 games and (hopefully) the playoffs could be enormous though. Being able to have two healthy backs that have performed incredibly well in the NFL as lead backs is an awesome situation to have towards the playoff stretch.

I don't think you can say they're a top 5 team today either. They have to prove it on the field. That said, I would say there's a realistic chance they could be a top 5 team this season by the time we get to the playoffs. On paper, this is an extremely talented team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they aren't top 10. Just going by the roster on paper I would say it is fair they are around the top 10 but that is just on paper though with the new acquisitions. We will see once the season starts, only way to really find out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's going to hurt bad at all, considering we have Nick Chubb. Getting him for the final 8 games and (hopefully) the playoffs could be enormous though. Being able to have two healthy backs that have performed incredibly well in the NFL as lead backs is an awesome situation to have towards the playoff stretch.

I don't think you can say they're a top 5 team today either. They have to prove it on the field. That said, I would say there's a realistic chance they could be a top 5 team this season by the time we get to the playoffs. On paper, this is an extremely talented team.

I think the Browns have realistic shot but here is my thing. Being a top 5 ranked team means you are elite. The Browns have not shown me anything yet to prove they are elite. They finished the season strong but against bad teams. They had one win all season against a team with a .500 or better record.

Browns fans have every reason to be excited about this upcoming season. The added some needed weapons and will probably compete from the onset but they are not quite there yet........BUT........that does not really mean anything in todays NFL. The Eagles won the Superbowl after missing the playoffs the season before as well. So anything can happen. The Browns could very well shock the world.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they aren't top 10. Just going by the roster on paper I would say it is fair they are around the top 10 but that is just on paper though with the new acquisitions. We will see once the season starts, only way to really find out.

That was my point. I am not saying that they are not going to be good. In fact I think they should be in mix to win the division. Just not saying they are amongst the elite.....yet.

I will say this.....if the Browns are competitive from the onset I will jump on the bandwagon and cheer them on. I will root for them to come out of the AFC... I would love to see the Browns in a Superbowl.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns have realistic shot but here is my thing. Being a top 5 ranked team means you are elite. The Browns have not shown me anything yet to prove they are elite. They finished the season strong but against bad teams. They had one win all season against a team with a .500 or better record.

Browns fans have every reason to be excited about this upcoming season. The added some needed weapons and will probably compete from the onset but they are not quite there yet........BUT........that does not really mean anything in todays NFL. The Eagles won the Superbowl after missing the playoffs the season before as well. So anything can happen. The Browns could very well shock the world.
Agree with everything you said. The firepower is there, but games aren't won on paper. I just don't think someone has to be on drugs to give them high SB odds from a betting standpoint.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point. I am not saying that they are not going to be good. In fact I think they should be in mix to win the division. Just not saying they are amongst the elite.....yet.

I will say this.....if the Browns are competitive from the onset I will jump on the bandwagon and cheer them on. I will root for them to come out of the AFC... I would love to see the Browns in a Superbowl.

Meant to say *top 5

I would too...I would too but we have a long way to go LOL Enjoy the ride!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not looking for the Browns to shock the world. Wouldn't mind if they did though. All I'd like to see them do is win more games than last year & maybe sneak into the playoffs.

As far as being excited for the up coming season. I haven't looked forward to the start of another Browns season since the early 90's. That's a long time to wait.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking for the Browns to shock the world. Wouldn't mind if they did though. All I'd like to see them do is win more games than last year & maybe sneak into the playoffs.

As far as being excited for the up coming season. I haven't looked forward to the start of another Browns season since the early 90's. That's a long time to wait.
Damn Ernest Byner...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said. The firepower is there, but games aren't won on paper. I just don't think someone has to be on drugs to give them high SB odds from a betting standpoint.

I consider the rankings ridiculous because it was based off of free agency acquisitions and nothing more. Getting good players do not make you better. The Patriots have dominated for years for having average at best players in a lot of positions. They are supremely coached and well disciplined.

All too often teams make splashy signings and acquisitions only to have it blow up in their face. The Skins did it for years. Remember the Eagles "Dream Team" nonsense.

I think you would hard pressed to find anyone ranking the Browns top 10 let alone one of the leading contenders for the Superbowl.

I know this may come off as hate but trust me that is not the case. I wish nothing but success for them. It is nice to finally see them with a staff that truly gets the NFL and what it takes to succeed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Ernest Byner...

:yawning:

Here's my business card.

downloadasdsda.png

I'm all for people talking trash about the Browns. I've done it before on a regular basis & I'm a lifelong fan. But how about something more recent than 30+ years ago?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider the rankings ridiculous because it was based off of free agency acquisitions and nothing more. Getting good players do not make you better. The Patriots have dominated for years for having average at best players in a lot of positions. They are supremely coached and well disciplined.

All too often teams make splashy signings and acquisitions only to have it blow up in their face. The Skins did it for years. Remember the Eagles "Dream Team" nonsense.

I think you would hard pressed to find anyone ranking the Browns top 10 let alone one of the leading contenders for the Superbowl.

I know this may come off as hate but trust me that is not the case. I wish nothing but success for them. It is nice to finally see them with a staff that truly gets the NFL and what it takes to succeed.
They finished in the top half of the league record-wise last year, and that was with Hue and Haley fucking things up for the first half of the season. They have a lot of momentum because of the dramatic improvement the offense showed once Kitchens started running things. I think that's what is carrying over to this year. His hiring of two competent coordinators to run the offense and defense only helped.

I agree, splashy FA signings don't always pan out. That said, the DL went from being a position of weakness last year to, health permitting, now a position of strength. I'm slightly worried about losing Zeitler on the OL, but overall Kitchens had them playing as a top-2 unit in the league by year's end, so if they finish top 10ish, I'm still thrilled. Signing OBJ wouldn't have been as sweet if we didn't already have Landry. Having those two together as best friends off the field should result in chemistry on it. It didn't hurt that Baker was already friends with OBJ, as well.

I still have reservations about the back 7 on defense, but thankfully Jamie Collins is gone. I assume we'll be probably adding another 4-5 guys in the draft at the LB/DB spots. Having a healthy Ward will also help. No team is perfect, though, and of the teams that finished with better records than Cleveland last year, I think half of them took a step back, if not two steps back, while Cleveland is looking very much like a team on the rise. I'm tempering my expectations - there are no Super Bowl assumptions whatsoever. If they play well and contend for the division, I'll be thrilled.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawning:

Here's my business card.

View attachment 203261

I'm all for people talking trash about the Browns. I've done it before on a regular basis & I'm a lifelong fan. But how about something more recent than 30+ years ago?
I wasn't talking trash. I was rooting for the Browns :noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking trash. I was rooting for the Browns :noidea:

:pound:

By posting a video of The Fumble? Personally I would have went w/ The Drive instead from that era.

Now the Browns since their return in '99? Outside of last year they were a consecutive 19 year joke.

It was so bad that back in '03 I had 3 tickets to a Browns game. I wanted to go drinking instead so I just left the tickets on the windshield thinking someone would take them. Wouldn't you know I returned hours later & there were 6.:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

By posting a video of The Fumble? Personally I would have went w/ The Drive instead from that era.

Now the Browns since their return in '99? Outside of last year they were a consecutive 19 year joke.

It was so bad that back in '03 I had 3 tickets to a Browns game. I wanted to go drinking instead so I just left the tickets on the windshield thinking someone would take them. Wouldn't you know I returned hours later & there were 6.:L

It was in response to you saying the below. I hated Elway so the drive is a non-starter for me and always liked Byner and Kosar and to some degree Mack but was more a Byner fan. So the fumbles were what defined that late 80's era for the Browns to me as someone who wasn't a fan per se' but always rooted for the Browns in the playoffs

I haven't looked forward to the start of another Browns season since the early 90's. That's a long time to wait.