• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

October 12, at Minnesnowta

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly feel like we're going to shit stomp Minnesota. Northwestern has a pretty good D, held Justin Taylor to 119 rushing, which is pretty fucking good, and why we couldn't run shit most of that game. The rest of the games, minus tOSU where we were highly outskilled, we shot ourselves in the foot on numerous occasions. If we start playing more disciplined, and if Jurgens aims the snaps at Martinez' shoe laces, we'll roll. The only reason Minnesota is -8 is because Vegas wants to make money, and they're uncertain of Spielman and Martinez' status, and Washington has been banged up as well.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I hope I'm wrong. I do feel like 2AM will not play on Saturday in Minny.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be on a plane for this weeks game too. I might have to break down and pay for the wifi on our flight from Mexico.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I hope I'm wrong. I do feel like 2AM will not play on Saturday in Minny.

I'm no longer sold that AM's talents and upside outweigh his indecisiveness, timidness, errant throws, and bad zone reads. I've watched him week after week have clear field ahead of him to run for a 1st down, only to pull up last second and throw an incomplete pass at someone's feet. He did it last Saturday on a 3rd and 5. He had a clear 1st down even on a slide. You can be sure stuff like that is being pointed out to him watching game film, but it fails to sink in.
I don't care how much talent someone has, They either have a QB mindset or they don't. They're either a leader and motivator of teammates or they aren't. Either someone got into AM's head or he's gotten into his own head.
Of course Frost defends him to the hilt, that's what coaches do. Frost is not going to throw him under the bus publicly.
To me AM is nothing more than Taylor Martinez after his freshman season where everyone was convinced he would only get better as a QB. He never did and we fans spent the next 3 seasons frustrated with his ineptness.

IMO Vedral's experience and confidence in the system outweigh AM's talent but inability to execute. Give Vedral the start and bring it to Minnesota Big 10 style running a combination of Power I and zone read. Nebraska is the better running team. Get out of there with the ugly win, and use the bye week to regroup and focus this offense on the last 5 games.

In the meantime hope that they can get McCaffery ready for next season.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is obviously a big readiness drop-off between Vedral and McCaffery.
Otherwise once they had to use McCaffery for one play, they'd have stuck with him. McCaffery can contribute to 4 games without losing his red-shirt.
If he were ready, they'd have stuck with him once he burned his first game last Saturday. Nope, one play in because Vedral lost his helmet, then out for the rest of the game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rushing Offense

Nebraska: 42nd (196)
S. Alabama, Colorado, N. Illinois, Illinois, Ohio St, Northwestern

Minnesota: 71st (159)
South Dakota St, Fresno St, Ga Southern, Purdue, Illinois

They each rush the ball appx 45 times/game.

Nebraska has rushed 266 times for 1178 yds = 4.4 YPC (6 games)
Minnesota has rushed 228 times for 795 yds = 3.5 YPC (5 games)

Nebraska has an extra game, but that only applies to # of rushes and yds gained. It does not apply to YPC.

Nebraska has played arguably better defenses.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no longer sold that AM's talents and upside outweigh his indecisiveness, timidness, errant throws, and bad zone reads. I've watched him week after week have clear field ahead of him to run for a 1st down, only to pull up last second and throw an incomplete pass at someone's feet. He did it last Saturday on a 3rd and 5. He had a clear 1st down even on a slide. You can be sure stuff like that is being pointed out to him watching game film, but it fails to sink in.
I don't care how much talent someone has, They either have a QB mindset or they don't. They're either a leader and motivator of teammates or they aren't. Either someone got into AM's head or he's gotten into his own head.
Of course Frost defends him to the hilt, that's what coaches do. Frost is not going to throw him under the bus publicly.
To me AM is nothing more than Taylor Martinez after his freshman season where everyone was convinced he would only get better as a QB. He never did and we fans spent the next 3 seasons frustrated with his ineptness.

IMO Vedral's experience and confidence in the system outweigh AM's talent but inability to execute. Give Vedral the start and bring it to Minnesota Big 10 style running a combination of Power I and zone read. Nebraska is the better running team. Get out of there with the ugly win, and use the bye week to regroup and focus this offense on the last 5 games.

In the meantime hope that they can get McCaffery ready for next season.
He might have been protecting an injury all along. :nod:

Makes a lot of sense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes a lot of sense.

Get him out then. That's even a worse reason to keep him in than him simply having more future upside than Vedral, in what seems to be a cluster-fuck 75% of the time.

An old lady with a bad hip could have gotten the 3rd down and 5 yds I refer to. There wasn't a defender within 10 yds in front of him. We were literally jumping up and yelling in the living room "RUN IT, RUN IT, RUN IT".
He thought about it, started to take off, then pulled up last second and threw about a 7 yd pass at the receivers feet. Incomplete. Time to punt. He went for a 7 yd pass instead of a sure 5 yd gain? We spent the next 5 minutes asking ourselves "Why didn't he just fucking run for it?"
If he's not going to be a dual threat (for whatever reason), get him the fuck outta there. If the coaches don't want a dual threat, stop recruiting them.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes a lot of sense.
I can't remember the game, maybe USA or NIU, I was watching him curl outside of the pocket to avoid a sack and it looked like he was favoring one side. Happened a couple times. I was convinced he had turf toe or something, but it could have been a knee injury.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how wide open Stohl is on this 3rd and 4.

stohl.PNG

Now watch the result of the play at 19:35

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we still win that game if AM stayed in and no Vedral?
Hate to admit but I’m really indifferent to AM sitting out a spell

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only does he miss a wide open TE across the middle of the field, he opts not to run for the 1st down marker at the sideline.
There was a LB that had to turn around, and a slow D-linemen that never catches him. He lacks QB awareness.

Iowa beats you all day with that TE.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Mo Washington has his shit together by the kickoff because this is game I feel like he could really break open.

Martinez is confidence is shot imo
Also I think they want him to sit in the pocket more..... I say just let him go and make plays.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how wide open Stohl is on this 3rd and 4.

View attachment 219184

Now watch the result of the play at 19:35

good stuff.

I don't have time to review a bunch of film but in trying to get to the right point, i noticed the play before this one you point out. It's a QB draw. Someone needs to explain to me what Jaimes is doing. Jurgens is pushing the DT out of the play Hixson has taken the end and is pushing him out, so Jaimes just needs to be a lead blocker up through the hole and take out the LB and that's a first down plus some, could have even been off to the races if the WRs get decent blocks. but instead Jaimes decides to double the DT and the free LB makes the tackle in the hole.

oh and going to that 3rd and 4 play. I don't understand why Martinez bails to the right anyway. Every single receiver is going to the left side of the field. the pocket is fine. as you said, hit Stoll, he's wide open. once you decide not to throw that, why aren't you sprinting straight ahead for the 1st down?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Horseshoe...

1009191618a.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska game's back on the book @ (+7.5).

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska - 41
Minnesota - 27

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska - 41
Minnesota - 27

68? LOL

Over/Under opened at 56. Now down to 50.

Temperature in the low 30's, snow, SW wind @ 17 mph. Those are mid-day conditions, but the game is played at night.

Neither team has played in those conditions this season. The team that runs the ball best, and turnovers likely decide it.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68? LOL

Over/Under opened at 56. Now down to 50.

Temperature in the low 30's, snow, SW wind @ 17 mph. Those are mid-day conditions, but the game is played at night.

Neither team has played in those conditions this season. The team that runs the ball best, and turnovers likely decide it.

The Gophers defense sucks no matter the weather conditions.