• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

October 12, at Minnesnowta

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird stat I just saw on the 'Nebraska Football Show'.

Nebraska leads the nation in runs of 40+ yds with 7.

Who'da thunk?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As indecisive, timid, and just awful on reads this year, I don't think there is a much of a drop-off from Martinez to Vedral. Vedral is more experienced in the system, more confident, and more decisive.

Nebraska has not played a clean game yet this season. They are due.
Nebraska got it's first win against Minnesota last season (53-28) after an (0-6) start.
Nebraska broke the 'road game' jinx against Illinois.

I think Vegas has this one wrong at Minnie (-7).

Nebraska: 28
Minnesota: 24

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has been lucky but got it rolling vs Illinois. .

After Nebraska beat Illinois, Nebraska was steam rolled by Ohio State.

Minnesota gets to face a Nebraska team that might be without Adrian Martinez, might be without JD Spielman, doesn't seem to have a run game, offensive line problems, can't throw the ball deep, the left outside linebacker is questionable, no kicker..........

Minnesota right tackle is 6' 9" 410 lbs. Or something like that.

One team is getting all the breaks this year, one team isn't.

go with the team getting all the breaks.
this about sums it up. who's the questionable left outside LB?

although i do agree with this:
As indecisive, timid, and just awful on reads this year, I don't think there is a much of a drop-off from Martinez to Vedral. Vedral is more experienced in the system, more confident, and more decisive.

Minn hasn't played a single good team yet. Contrary to what people say, Northwestern was a decent team, no offense but a good defense. close losses to Wiscy, Stanford, and a so-so bigger loss to MSU. It really comes down to the turnover battle in my opinion. if we can win it, then we should be right there. if we lose it, we lose, that simple.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska has not played a clean game yet this season. They are due.
Nebraska got it's first win against Minnesota last season (53-28) after an (0-6) start.
Nebraska broke the 'road game' jinx against Illinois.

I think Vegas has this one wrong at Minnie (-7).

Nebraska: 28
Minnesota: 24
Vedral will be riding the bench and a noticeably hobbled and even less mobile Martinez will start and go the distance of this game. This is our reality.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread still around 7 for Minny! I not seeing a win for Huskers this week. I feeling about 10 to 14 point loss. I so hope I'm wrong.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread still around 7 for Minny! I not seeing a win for Huskers this week. I feeling about 10 to 14 point loss. I so hope I'm wrong.

Why?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has been lucky but got it rolling vs Illinois. .

After Nebraska beat Illinois, Nebraska was steam rolled by Ohio State.

Minnesota gets to face a Nebraska team that might be without Adrian Martinez, might be without JD Spielman, doesn't seem to have a run game, offensive line problems, can't throw the ball deep, the left outside linebacker is questionable, no kicker..........

Minnesota right tackle is 6' 9" 410 lbs. Or something like that.

One team is getting all the breaks this year, one team isn't.

go with the team getting all the breaks.

6'9" 400

Faalele_Daniel_001.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing what everybody else is seeing.

I don't think Minnie is 8 pts better than Nebraska. (favored by 7, need 8 to cover)

People keep pointing out that Minnie's defense is soooo much better since they fired their D Coordinator after the Nebraska loss last season.

They were giving up 28 PPG before firing their D coordinator after 7 games last season. They improved to 24 PPG in the 6 games after.

Their 2019 Scoring Defense is 68th at 27.2 PPG through 5 games. Basically 1 PPG better than the D coordinator they fired, but with a weaker schedule.

21 pts to FCS South Dakota St
35 pts @ Fresno St (2 OT)....64th in Scoring Offense at 30.5 PPG.
32 pts to Ga. Southern.......109th in Scoring Offense at 21 PPG.
31 pts to Purdue...............93rd in Scoring Offense at 24.8 PPG
17 pts to Illinois...............57th in Scoring Offense at 31.8 PPG

Illinois is the only team that Minnesota has held below their scoring average.

I'm not buying that....

Fresno St (2-2) is 4 pts better than Nebraska
Ga Southern (2-3) is 4 pts better than Nebraska
Purdue (1-4) is equal to Nebraska without their starting QB and Rondale Moore.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird, i thought Morgan was a runner? ESPN says he's -41 yds on the year. if i recall, he burned us several times last year for decent runs, so that's concerning.

I don't disagree with you R_A, i think we have a shot. D needs to stop the run and eliminate big plays as Minny has some guys that can break the big one.

I'm just really worried about our O that hasn't lived up to any hype.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game Iv'e seen of Minny was the SDSU game, which they almost lost. Albeit the first game for them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game Iv'e seen of Minny was the SDSU game, which they almost lost. Albeit the first game for them.

I watched their Fresno St game because I had Fresno St (+3) in a parlay. Minnie won that game by 3, so I pushed that game and won the other leg of the parlay. It paid as a straight bet.

Minnie looked horrible.

Minnie beat Purdue by 7 pts where neither Sindelar or Rondale Moore finished the game. Freshman QB Jake Plummer played the vast majority of it. Moore only had 2 catches for 18 yds before getting hurt.

If Minnie doesn't beat Illinois like a drum last Saturday, there's no way they're favored by 7 over Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not great line play. Center snapping issues. Play calling. Flags. Injury to 2AM

Game 7

It's time to grow up and play a complete game, right? They're long overdue. LOL

If it were Wisconsin or Iowa I'd be where you're at. However, it's Minnesota.
The game's a coin flip, not 7 pts.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing what everybody else is seeing.

I don't think Minnie is 8 pts better than Nebraska. (favored by 7, need 8 to cover)

People keep pointing out that Minnie's defense is soooo much better since they fired their D Coordinator after the Nebraska loss last season.

They were giving up 28 PPG before firing their D coordinator after 7 games last season. They improved to 24 PPG in the 6 games after.

Their 2019 Scoring Defense is 68th at 27.2 PPG through 5 games. Basically 1 PPG better than the D coordinator they fired, but with a weaker schedule.

21 pts to FCS South Dakota St
35 pts @ Fresno St (2 OT)....64th in Scoring Offense at 30.5 PPG.
32 pts to Ga. Southern.......109th in Scoring Offense at 21 PPG.
31 pts to Purdue...............93rd in Scoring Offense at 24.8 PPG
17 pts to Illinois...............57th in Scoring Offense at 31.8 PPG

Illinois is the only team that Minnesota has held below their scoring average.

I'm not buying that....

Fresno St (2-2) is 4 pts better than Nebraska
Ga Southern (2-3) is 4 pts better than Nebraska
Purdue (1-4) is equal to Nebraska without their starting QB and Rondale Moore.

Just an FYI, as I pointed out, in your PPG you're crediting 2 games to our new D coordinator (Illinois and Indiana). In 2018 Under rossi opponents averaged 14.5 PPG and 15 points scored against us came in garbage time.

Our defense isn't lights out, but it's better than you're giving them credit for and much better than Robb Smith Fiasco.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, it'll be fun.

Nebraska always make for fun visitors and a fun crowd. I'm looking forward to the prime time game. If you guys go, I"ll be the one wearing Maroon and Gold

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, it'll be fun.

Nebraska always make for fun visitors and a fun crowd. I'm looking forward to the prime time game. If you guys go, I"ll be the one wearing Maroon and Gold
be different, wear blue.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI, as I pointed out, in your PPG you're crediting 2 games to our new D coordinator (Illinois and Indiana). In 2018 Under rossi opponents averaged 14.5 PPG and 15 points scored against us came in garbage time.

Our defense isn't lights out, but it's better than you're giving them credit for and much better than Robb Smith Fiasco.

I was going by your comment after I pointed out Nebraska broke their (0-6) start by beating Minnesota 53-28 last season.

Shortly after that game we fired our DC and defense responded very well after that.

Last season no longer matters. Looking at how Minnie has played, I don't see them as being 7 points better than Nebraska.

The line's up to Minnie (-8.5) now.

I'd be more than happy to do an avy bet at the 7 points.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going by your comment after I pointed out Nebraska broke their (0-6) start by beating Minnesota 53-28 last season.

Last season no longer matters. Looking at how Minnie has played, I don't see them as being 7 points better than Nebraska.

The line's up to Minnie (-8.5) now.

I'd be more than happy to do an avy bet at the 7 points.

I agree last year doesn't matter, but you're one that started the analysis with last year.

As I said, if you just look at PPG it's a bit deceptive. Our defense isn't great, but it's also not a train wreck

Like Nebraska MN hasn't put together full game, they can be better than they have been.

I'd give MN just over 50% of winning, 7 points seems a bit high though, but beating a team that started season ranked would be nice feather in the cap

as to Avy bet, I'm too lazy make creative avy to make it worthwhile and I'm leary of 7 points.

I think it'll be a good game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, this sorts us all out. Case closed

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Mo Washington do this time to have to receive discipline last Saturday during the first half?