• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Occupy Toronto

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh man guys, I don't want to be such a downer, because I wanted it to be a goal, but to me it was pretty obvious that the extension of his leg caused the puck to go into the net and there's clearly two distinct leg motions, the slide/kick/w/e and then the fall.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fall negates the 100% needed though

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've never stumbled, tried to regain your balance, only to fall anyway?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know. Maybe I have a different perspective of what the rule means. To me, distinct kicking motion isn't if the guy is falling down on the ice and has no idea where the puck is. Was that really 100 percent distinct kicking motion, which is needed to overturn the call on the ice that there was in fact a good goal? Plus, I have seen similar goals like that allowed. Still say its BS.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real reason is was he TRYING to kick it in, which its obvious he was not... that is how the rule should be read. Was the player trying to kick the puck in with his skate instead of trying to score with his stick... this is what they are trying to stop and the rule should read the same... and if you go by that, then it should have been a goal... you can tell when someone is intentionally trying to kick the puck in and when someone has no idea that the puck was there and it went in off his falling motion... hell, he even swung his stick right at it without knowing since he thought it was in the goalies pads..... he almost got his stick on it after it went off his skate, but he hit the pads instead and the puck was past him....

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason why it should be a good goal is because we dont know 100% that the goalie didnt put it in himself

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the real reason is was he TRYING to kick it in, which its obvious he was not... that is how the rule should be read. Was the player trying to kick the puck in with his skate instead of trying to score with his stick... this is what they are trying to stop and the rule should read the same... and if you go by that, then it should have been a goal... you can tell when someone is intentionally trying to kick the puck in and when someone has no idea that the puck was there and it went in off his falling motion... hell, he even swung his stick right at it without knowing since he thought it was in the goalies pads..... he almost got his stick on it after it went off his skate, but he hit the pads instead and the puck was past him....

I'm our Captain's #1 supporter in all things he does, and I don't agree with it being an accident.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm our Captain's #1 supporter in all things he does, and I don't agree with it being an accident.

Only he knows if it was or not. But considering most players arent pissed off when they get caught tying to pull the wool over the refs eyes, I tend to think it was.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, what's done is done. It shouldn't have come down to a debatable goal with 2 seconds left. We played like shit and didn't deserve any points. We simply have to play better than that.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, what's done is done. It shouldn't have come down to a debatable goal with 2 seconds left. We played like shit and didn't deserve any points. We simply have to play better than that.

I wouldnt say that. I would say the skaters not named Adam didnt deserve the points, but I do believe Marty deserved the win.

Also giving the fact that it was debatable on either side without a clear yes or no proves it should have been a goal since the call was a goal on the ice.... im just sayin ;)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Parise summed it up best
“You know what? You can slow anything down frame by frame and you can make it look like I have the intent to kick it,” Parise told me today. “But at that pace, at that speed of the game, I don’t think you see me swinging for the puck. You see both of my feet going out. That’s not kicking. I still can’t agree with it.”

“My foot definitely moves, but what’s the difference if I’m skating toward the net and it hits my foot?” he said. “My foot is going to be going toward the net. You’ve got to have some common sense too, I think. Maybe it’s different because I’m the one who hit it and I know that I didn’t look down and try to kick it. So, my opinion hasn’t changed.”

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the intent part was like say he was trying to stop. How can they try and determine a players true intent. Heck their #1 prioirty is to score a goal at any cost.

Make the rule clear anything off a skate no goal

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and Parise's goal didnt stand really toronto I think tonight just reenforces my stance fuck toronto

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I need help clarifying the goal off skate rule:

1: A puck propelled by a skate into the net is not a goal
2: A puck kicked through an opposing player's outstretched stick into the net is a good goal
3: A puck propelled by a skate into the net is clearly a goal and does not need to be reviewed

Did I get this right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need help clarifying the goal off skate rule:

1: A puck propelled by a skate into the net is not a goal
2: A puck kicked through an opposing player's outstretched stick into the net is a good goal
3: A puck propelled by a skate into the net is clearly a goal and does not need to be reviewed

Did I get this right?

If you read the tiny writing in the rule it states "the rule may vary if players involved are wearing devils jerseys"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nashville/Phx game had a goal that I thought looked like a clear kicking motion and they counted it, so I've come to the conclusion I have no clue what the standards are for the puck off the skate rule.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nashville/Phx game had a goal that I thought looked like a clear kicking motion and they counted it, so I've come to the conclusion I have no clue what the standards are for the puck off the skate rule.

To be honest I don't think the war room does either atleast 4 times this season alone we have come out on the short side of the rule and it has cost us points .If the nhl can't be consistant with the rule they need to make it black and white all or nothing .If they can't be fair with replay let the call on the ice stand and scrap the whole fucking system .Having former players making the calls doesn't help either sure it promotes the system but it also promotes bias