• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

observations of the ravens game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I agree that Orakpo is a better pass rusher than Murphy, i did not see the difference the blog writer saw. The 1st defense played well the entire night.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody really "been developed" into a pocket passer?

How long do we give RG3 to get better? Seven years...the next Jason Campbell.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think he will have a good year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody really "been developed" into a pocket passer?

How long do we give RG3 to get better? Seven years...the next Jason Campbell.

The only player I can think of that was some what similar was Steve Young. He looked like he had bust written all over him. He went to San Fran and played for Walsh behind Montana and developed but that took several years. He still wasn't a classic pocket passer but he did become a great QB.

My feeling when the Redskins traded for Griffin was this kid is a one your spread option QB wonder. Someone last night used the description that he was a backyard QB which I thought was a great description. He doesn't show any pocket passer tendencies.

I listed to BMitch and Trevor say last night say that Griffin was still the better option. They reasoned that Griffin had more upside. All that Cousins could accomplish was to learn to read defenses better and become a more accomplished pocket passer. Isn't that what we are hoping for when it comes to Robert?

I am not writing him off. I do think this is a big year for Griffin. He has to show progress. I believe Snyder is firmly behind Griffin but he won't stay there if the kid doesn't improve.

I don't want to over react to one preseason game either. At the same time he looks like he needs a lot of work but he has to start showing progress. This is season three.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of this as rookie year number 2 for Griff, myself. New system, different offensive game plan, new coach, new WR corps...

Last year was little more than a wash for any development from Griff, given the dysfunction of the team, media circus, coaching relationship and injury.

I am probably in the minority with this thinking, but I still think patience will be the key for us with Griff this year. I do see progress.

All that said, he still has to step up and show growth personally and within FB parameters. I do agree with Jays comments in the post game presser, that Griffin is better than we saw last night.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of this as rookie year number 2 for Griff, myself. New system, different offensive game plan, new coach, new WR corps...

Last year was little more than a wash for any development from Griff, given the dysfunction of the team, media circus, coaching relationship and injury.

I am probably in the minority with this thinking, but I still think patience will be the key for us with Griff this year. I do see progress.

All that said, he still has to step up and show growth personally and within FB parameters. I do agree with Jays comments in the post game presser, that Griffin is better than we saw last night.

I hope you are right, but I am becoming concerned. I'm ok that things are happening fast and he is a bit confused. That's expected. My concerns are with the basic mistakes he makes. For example, 2 times last night, he was flushed from the pocket, ran to the sideline and instead of throwing the ball away, he ran out of bounds for a loss and a sack. This is QB 101 that every QB is taught in HS. If you can't make positive yards or find an open receiver, throw it into the first row. I am starting to wonder if Robert is as intelligent as we have been led to believe. Either that, or he is completely overwhelmed at this point and cannot make sound decisions quickly. Either way, it is concerning to me.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right, but I am becoming concerned. I'm ok that things are happening fast and he is a bit confused. That's expected. My concerns are with the basic mistakes he makes. For example, 2 times last night, he was flushed from the pocket, ran to the sideline and instead of throwing the ball away, he ran out of bounds for a loss and a sack. This is QB 101 that every QB is taught in HS. If you can't make positive yards or find an open receiver, throw it into the first row. I am starting to wonder if Robert is as intelligent as we have been led to believe. Either that, or he is completely overwhelmed at this point and cannot make sound decisions quickly. Either way, it is concerning to me.

its preseason , who cares ? the ball is getting punted anyway

did he take any bad hits ? progress!:suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it is preseason and he should be practing like it is a real game. That is why they talk about repetition.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should use Rg3 like the 49ers use kaepernick or seatle uses wilson .

i get sick and tired of hearing he needs to be a pocket passer . he needs to be a better decision maker

we need to stop drilling a square peg into a round hole . use roll outs , moving pockets , sprinkle in some read option plays and yes have him in the pocket when needed .

he isnt dalton , or any manning or brees. so stop making him be what he isnt

we have seen KC in real games . he has issues too

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should use Rg3 like the 49ers use kaepernick or seatle uses wilson .

i get sick and tired of hearing he needs to be a pocket passer . he needs to be a better decision maker

we need to stop drilling a square peg into a round hole . use roll outs , moving pockets , sprinkle in some read option plays and yes have him in the pocket when needed .

he isnt dalton , or any manning or brees. so stop making him be what he isnt

we have seen KC in real games . he has issues too

Couldn't agree more, dad :thumb: