• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ Day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The character exhibited by OBJ on the Giants and Browns was not a guy I'd bring in even at a vet minimum. The one that was on the Rams was someone I would bring in. I tend to think he won't see himself as the #1, give me the ball diva if brought in. So, I'm fine with the signing from a locker room perspective (God knows our players are craving and courting him even more than Jerry for some reason) and to me, it comes down to money and health.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The character exhibited by OBJ on the Giants and Browns was not a guy I'd bring in even at a vet minimum. The one that was on the Rams was someone I would bring in. I tend to think he won't see himself as the #1, give me the ball diva if brought in. So, I'm fine with the signing from a locker room perspective (God knows our players are craving and courting him even more than Jerry for some reason) and to me, it comes down to money and health.
From what I remember OBJ got along with the Cowboys players him and Dez were always chatting after the games. There appeared to be mutual respect. Will never forget though when OBJ tried to take Josh Normans head off. Norman was a major prick and instigated that stuff.

Like you say, it comes down to dollars and health. I also don't remember any Cowboys players trying to recruit TO back in the day. Another interesting thing was TO was 33 years old when he joined the Cowboys. OBJ is 30 and there is still tread left. The depth at WR is not great, so I lean towards signing OBJ

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember OBJ got along with the Cowboys players him and Dez were always chatting after the games. There appeared to be mutual respect. Will never forget though when OBJ tried to take Josh Normans head off. Norman was a major prick and instigated that stuff.

Like you say, it comes down to dollars and health. I also don't remember any Cowboys players trying to recruit TO back in the day. Another interesting thing was TO was 33 years old when he joined the Cowboys. OBJ is 30 and there is still tread left. The depth at WR is not great, so I lean towards signing OBJ
At what price do you sign him for. 20M ×3? Count me out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oline has been better than expected
same with LB play, Dline too, found a good corner
certainly, the safety play has been outstanding.

what about the wide receiver play has been concerning?
I thought the 3 & 4 TE sets were a large part of this team newfound identity.

Don't do it Jerry. There is a reason why this guy won't run the route tree for you or any other team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oline has been better than expected
same with LB play, Dline too, found a good corner
certainly, the safety play has been outstanding.

what about the wide receiver play has been concerning?
I thought the 3 & 4 TE sets were a large part of this team newfound identity.

Don't do it Jerry. There is a reason why this guy won't run the route tree for you or any other team.
There is a lot to like about this roster. The young tight ends. This rookie class
has more contributors than any draft I can remember. bland came up huge. Clark had the huge forced fumble. Crazy how two 5th round picks helped turn the Colts game into a rout.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit that 60 mil for 3 years would be a gamble given OBJ injury history over the last 4 or 5 seasons. I don't see Stephen doing that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. He isn't getting anywhere near that.

Maybe a team throws a year like that on the backend with no guaranteed money that he'll never see :noidea:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe a team throws a year like that on the backend with no guaranteed money that he'll never see :noidea:
From what I just heard OBJ will not be able to play until the post season if even then. So what is the point in signing him? I thought he was cleared to resume football activities, but come to find out he is still rehabbing .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I just heard OBJ will not be able to play until the post season if even then. So what is the point in signing him? I thought he was cleared to resume football activities, but come to find out he is still rehabbing .
If he isn't going to contribute this year, no need to sign him IMO. You can always pick up a WR for next year. What made OBJ special was he was available for this year. Same reason I wanted Suh. Wouldn't have minded him in August, but in November DTs were in short supply and so he became more desirable. Loved the Hankins move but Suh gets push in the pass rush too. Would have signed both like Philly did and cut Watkins

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per reports thats what he wants.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports thats what he wants.
I can't believe that's accurate. Did it come form him or his agent? The first time I heard that "per reports" was before he even went to the Giants to talk. Seems like BS to me. Who knows. I'd be surprised if he got over $10M. Again year 1 kind of meaningless if he can contribute because it's going to only be for a couple of games. So $17M is $1M per game. If he is signed for 4 game checks that's only $4M. But I don't see his getting anything that can reasonably considered a $20M per year contract. He signed for around the vet minimum last year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if true we should be out

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if true we should be out
Depends on how much he wants. If he would sign a 2 year, low salary prove it deal, great. I don't think he is getting bid money from anyone

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much he wants. If he would sign a 2 year, low salary prove it deal, great. I don't think he is getting bid money from anyone
I would imagine OBJ is pissed that the status of his knee got leaked

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice quote by Tank. But circus is what we do in Dallas. If what Micah said is true and he won’t be ready for 5 weeks I’d say that should put a wrap on the talks unless the deal is cheap enough to make it work for next year also. But stop chasing this guy like a HS girl on prom night. He’s good but he’s not that good

DeMarcus Lawrence was asked on Wednesday if it's fair to say he wants Beckham signed by the Cowboys.

"It's fair to say I want to win a Super Bowl," Lawrence said. "So if he can come and help us with that, then yes I'll accept him. But if we're just gonna do the circus, no I don't. I'm focused on this year, this team, what we have in the locker room and the journey we're on."

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything might work out after all. No leak out of Buffalo nor the GMen. Comes to Dallas, everyone knows.

The Jones Boys can be real shitheads, kinda like it this time.

Horse of another color:
Scew you Randy, how's the team?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...what did he expect? And he can be pissed...it would be nice to have him but it's not that big a deal
Yep. It all about drama and attention seeking when it comes to this front office. OBJ probably not too surprised