• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O-line miscommunications

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if Mathis does not put the walker away and actually start defending instead of just following guys around then I would rather roll Diggs out there to play the outside.

Also, what happened to our press coverage? Allowing the QB to throw in less than 2 seconds on every play isnot a good idea.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis wasn't as bad as it seemed. He got beat a couple of times in Man, but it was usually some type of zone that Allen beat us in. Not saying that he did well. He definitely was taken advantage of, but man we missed Levy out there. Tulloch was hesitant in coverage while the other linebackers were just awful. We also played some really strange alignments sometimes that made it impossible to cover and a super easy completion.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawg,

I'm thinking the Lions won't really know what to game-plan for going into this game. I'm sure they will expect the crossing routes and such but I think they will get a heavy dose of AP early and then go to the underneath stuff if it doesn't work.

It's hard for me to decide who's at fault for the offense. These guys don't execute consistently enough. Its always a drop here, a missed assignment there, errant throw, sack or something weird. I think Lombardi needs to get those TE's going earlier though and go back and see how Linehan used Pettigrew.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis wasn't as bad as it seemed. He got beat a couple of times in Man, but it was usually some type of zone that Allen beat us in. Not saying that he did well. He definitely was taken advantage of, but man we missed Levy out there. Tulloch was hesitant in coverage while the other linebackers were just awful. We also played some really strange alignments sometimes that made it impossible to cover and a super easy completion.

You are correct about the zone thing and allignments and Tulloch being a turtle. The bigger question is why were we in friggin zone coverages when it was 3rd and 5 most of the time and they were grinding us up all game with WR screens and drags? Isn t that the queue that you need to man up? Especially in shorter yardage situations.

I don't want to see zone unless our dime package is out there.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept is to come up and make the tacle after the catch instead of being a mile away from the ball carrier.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept is to come up and make the tacle after the catch instead of being a mile away from the ball carrier.

I don't think Mayhew sees the Forrest through the trees.

He appears to have no plans to replace Mathis, unless he's foolishly expecting one of his late round CBs to pan out for once. He knew he was losing Fairley and knew he could lose Suh, but still passed on Aaron Donald. Red flags all over the place. Did he think Donald was no good?

Maybe he wasn't thinking at all, blinded by the idea of drafting another TE at the expense of our defense. Either way, the walks are closing in on him. His era is littered with 2nd round busts, and now another 1st rounder can break the starting line up.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I thought all the players that were drafted were because of Xanders?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I thought all the players that were drafted were because of Xanders?
Meh- Mayhew can do no right in some of these guy's eyes. Remember, they just see what they want to see.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mayhew sees the Forrest through the trees.

He appears to have no plans to replace Mathis, unless he's foolishly expecting one of his late round CBs to pan out for once. He knew he was losing Fairley and knew he could lose Suh, but still passed on Aaron Donald. Red flags all over the place. Did he think Donald was no good?

Maybe he wasn't thinking at all, blinded by the idea of drafting another TE at the expense of our defense. Either way, the walks are closing in on him. His era is littered with 2nd round busts, and now another 1st rounder can break the starting line up.
The 3rd round pick we spent on a CB this year is a "late round pick" now? That's pretty interesting. I'm not sure anyone twists reality to suit their argument quite so much as you do, Nowhere Man.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'd still be bitching had the Ex-Lions Player got paid because the front office couldn't afford to pay for any other talent on defense.

What talent? Ngata? Mathis? Tulloch? Suh leaves and the D plummets from first to worst. I guess you don't care.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What talent? Ngata? Mathis? Tulloch? Suh leaves and the D plummets from first to worst. I guess you don't care.
So your saying things would have been better had the Ex-Lions Player got paid? Dreamer!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying things would have been better had the Ex-Lions Player got paid? Dreamer!!!

Mayhew begged Suh to stay. Don't act like they let him walk in some brilliant financial decision. You're just towing the company line with this line.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew begged Suh to stay. Don't act like they let him walk in some brilliant financial decision. You're just towing the company line with this line.

Do you EVER get tired of being completely full of shit?

Just because you repeatedly post something that you made up out of thin air, that doesn't make it true. I think the only person who buys your lies is you, which is sad. And you're a pretty sad specimen, so I guess that makes perfect sense...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He appears to have no plans to replace Mathis, unless he's foolishly expecting one of his late round CBs to pan out for once.

Mini-Millen has a plan..... Have immediate need at CB, draft one in the 1st round but had consensus 2nd round grade. Go back to Ford Field.... Tell fans "BPA".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because you repeatedly post something that you made up out of thin air, that doesn't make it true. I think the only person who buys your lies is you, which is sad. And you're a pretty sad specimen, so I guess that makes perfect sense...

A sincere and serious thank you for accidentally putting this song in my head. Now listening to this album. Thanks dude! Pandora rocks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also...

Report: Lions hope Suh “comes to his senses”

It’s also a bold (and foolish) move to provoke Suh by suggesting that he’s out of his mind to want to play in Miami. Maybe if their Lions had come to their senses and offered Suh a year ago whatever they’re willing to offer at a time when Suh has one foot out the door and the other one in the air and crossing the threshold, it never would have gotten to the point where Detroit’s only strategy is to hope Suh’s definition of sanity is to choose less money in a state with no income tax or palm trees.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...

Report: Lions hope Suh “comes to his senses”

It’s also a bold (and foolish) move to provoke Suh by suggesting that he’s out of his mind to want to play in Miami. Maybe if their Lions had come to their senses and offered Suh a year ago whatever they’re willing to offer at a time when Suh has one foot out the door and the other one in the air and crossing the threshold, it never would have gotten to the point where Detroit’s only strategy is to hope Suh’s definition of sanity is to choose less money in a state with no income tax or palm trees.
Oooo-kaaay... this supports your (repeated) argument that Mayhew "begged" Suh to stay, how, exactly?

You probably should have taken school a bit more seriously... you have very serious issues comprehending what you're reading.