• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.C.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he would be ok for us but looks like this might be his last coaching job. He needs to put this team in better position to win. I think some crazy stat came out that we already have let up more big plays then the last 2 years combine. Not good.
Hard to blame him though; look at who the D has lost from last year; Both Smiths, Willis, McDonald, Cox, Borland. Not just talent but the leaders.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame him though; look at who the D has lost from last year; Both Smiths, Willis, McDonald, Cox, Borland. Not just talent but the leaders.
Yeah but we lost what 5-6 starters last year and we were still good. We had no Brock, A. Smith(9 games), Willis, Bowman and no Dorsey. This D was still a Top 10 D.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the 49ers run a caveman offense. That doesn't work in today's NFL. You have to be able to pass and score Tds. The Ohio State/Michigan offense is old and outdated in today's game. The good teams like the Packers,Patriots,Steelers,etc. Have a mix of run and pass. All we do is run and hope to score Fgs. lol

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly the 49ers run a caveman offense. That doesn't work in today's NFL. You have to be able to pass and score Tds. The Ohio State/Michigan offense is old and outdated in today's game. The good teams like the Packers,Patriots,Steelers,etc. Have a mix of run and pass. All we do is run and hope to score Fgs. lol

true, but more so that scheme, you're limited by what your players can do well? Kaep can't do much well in the passing game. So even if you call an explosive pass play, can't execute.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its tough to win when your coaching staff is filled with coaches that no other team wanted and our Head coach is clueless as a Head coach. We are back to the singletary years. This thing might become epic bad.

Lets hope we turn it around this week. 49ers had the toughest beginning schedule to start the year.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman wasn't the problem. No offensive coordinator is going to look good when they have a mentally handicapped person playing behind center.

This obviously doesn't tell the full story, but I still find it interesting:

2014: 49ers offense (with Roman) ranked 25th in points with an average of 19.1 points per game.
2015: 49ers offense (without Roman) currently ranks 32nd with an average of 12.0 points per game.

2014: Bills offense (without Roman) ranked 18th in points with an average 21.4 points per game.
2015: Bills offense (with Roman) currently ranks 7th in points with 27.5 points per game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman wasn't the problem. No offensive coordinator is going to look good when they have a mentally handicapped person playing behind center.

This obviously doesn't tell the full story, but I still find it interesting:

2014: 49ers offense (with Roman) ranked 25th in points with an average of 19.1 points per game.
2015: 49ers offense (without Roman) currently ranks 32nd with an average of 12.0 points per game.

2014: Bills offense (without Roman) ranked 18th in points with an average 21.4 points per game.
2015: Bills offense (with Roman) currently ranks 7th in points with 27.5 points per game.

Our offense appears to have gotten worse from 2013 on. And there were other questionable things about our offense when harbaugh was here. Add to that, comparing this to last, we've lost two important players to our oline. And about Buffalo, I've read Roman is only responsible for the run game and another coach is responsible for the passing game.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense appears to have gotten worse from 2013 on. And there were other questionable things about our offense when harbaugh was here. Add to that, comparing this to last, we've lost two important players to our oline. And about Buffalo, I've read Roman is only responsible for the run game and another coach is responsible for the passing game.

Yup. Like I said, those stats don't tell the full story.

I just thought it was interesting that people were calling for Roman's head the last few years, and now our offense has self-destructed. I don't think he was the problem at all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Like I said, those stats don't tell the full story.

I just thought it was interesting that people were calling for Roman's head the last few years, and now our offense has self-destructed. I don't think he was the problem at all.

I agree. I don't think it was all on Roman. I think some of it was Harbaugh and then the play calling structure that was setup. When an offense can't do something as basic as getting plays in on time something is really wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but more so that scheme, you're limited by what your players can do well? Kaep can't do much well in the passing game. So even if you call an explosive pass play, can't execute.
True. I'm starting to see why Roman became so archaic in his offense the last couple of seasons when he was so innovative at the beginning of his tenure with Alex Smith at the helm. It looked like Roman was clueless but in reality he was very limited in the plays he could call that kaepernick could understand and execute.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm starting to see why Roman became so archaic in his offense the last couple of seasons when he was so innovative at the beginning of his tenure with Alex Smith at the helm. It looked like Roman was clueless but in reality he was very limited in the plays he could call that kaepernick could understand and execute.

I believe the pass plays were very basic from day one with Roman. Cosell talked about this back in the day. They ran a really basic passing offense to make things easy for Alex and restore his confidence. I think Roman's innovation and complexity was in the run game. That is Roman's speciality anyways. I believe at Stanford Roman was primarly repsonsible for the run game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the pass plays were very basic from day one with Roman. Cosell talked about this back in the day. They ran a really basic passing offense to make things easy for Alex and restore his confidence. I think Roman's innovation and complexity was in the run game. That is Roman's speciality anyways. I believe at Stanford Roman was primarly repsonsible for the run game.

The ones that really stuck out to me where the wheel routes to the fullback; especially the one that went to Miller for the TD against the Redskins. The crossing routes to Davis with the backs clearing out underneath as well as the deep sideline routes to Davis.

Could you imagine Kaepernick even looking at Davis inside the 10 in the middle of the field on the game-winning td pass against New Orleans in the playoffs?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones that really stuck out to me where the wheel routes to the fullback; especially the one that went to Miller for the TD against the Redskins. The crossing routes to Davis with the backs clearing out underneath as well as the deep sideline routes to Davis.

Could you imagine Kaepernick even looking at Davis inside the 10 in the middle of the field on the game-winning td pass against New Orleans in the playoffs?

I remember the NO plays. Vernon was at his best then and NO coordinator was stupid enough to blitz and leave Davis in single coverage. I don't know what Kaep would have done. He might have botched it. I just looked up Roman's resume and was surprised to learn that the 49ers was his first coordinator gig, he never was a coordinator at the college or pro level. He was always a position coach up till that point. He was assistant offensive head coach whatever the hell that means.