• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Times article on 49er Struggles

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem is the D-line getting pushed off the ball. It's going to be a long season if they cannot stop the run on a consistent basis.

The biggest problem, without a doubt, is the offense. The D has kept us in both losses into the 4th quarter, even with the big rushing totals against us. I didn't think the Hawks did much running against us - a few big runs, but they couldn't sustain drives early. The Colts were able to put together some longer drives, and that's a concern, but it's not a huge problem if the offense can actually score more than once a game.

Its ok, we Marecic to help us at NT.... :L

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its ok, we Marecic to help us at NT.... :L

Backup NT isn't much of an issue IMO. RJF wouldn't have seen the field at all last year but for Justin's injury. Most of the running success has come against our dime D. I agree that Marecic is a waste of a roster spot, but I think too much has been made out of the NT spot.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would quibble with would be the writer's assertion that the front 7 are the main culprit for the 49ers poor showing so far. I'd put in on Kaepernick, the wide receivers and a horrendous job of coaching preparation and game planning.

i blame your posts for causing aldon to drink