• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Knicks 2014-15 Schedule....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nyk.gif
Tough start: The NBA didn’t do the Knicks any favors in the first seven days of the season.

They open at home against the Bulls in an ESPN game on Wednesday, Oct. 29. On the next night, New York travels to Cleveland to take on LeBron James, Kevin Love (we think) and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Cavs' first game with James back.

The Knicks then head home to host a Charlotte team on the rise featuring New York City guys Kemba Walker and Lance Stephenson in the backcourt on Sunday, Nov. 2. Then the Knicks host Washington and its star backcourt of John Wall and Bradley Beal on Tuesday, Nov. 4. Ouch.

All in all, the Knicks face the Cavs three times and the Bulls three times.

New York hosts LeBron in a Cleveland uniform for the first time since 2010 on Dec. 4, which is the first game of a home-road back-to-back.

East River rivalry: The Knicks-Nets rivalry enters its third season with both teams surrounded by question marks. It’s fair to wonder if Knicks-Nets will be appointment television in New York this season. We'll find out Nov. 7, when the Knicks travel to Barclays Center for the first Knicks-Nets tilt. The Knicks host the Nets on Dec. 2, two days before welcoming King James to the Garden.

They are at Brooklyn on Feb. 6, a day before they host Steve Kerr, Stephen Curry and Golden State at MSG. The Knicks and Nets finish things up April 1 at the Garden. Will this game have playoff implications in the Atlantic Division?

Road kill? The Knicks host Kobe Bryant, Jeremy Lin and the Lakers on Feb. 1 and travel to La La Land to face the Lake Show on March 12. That’s the middle game of a season-high five-game road trip for New York. The trip falls in a stretch where the Knicks play 10 of 14 games on the road, including trips to Phoenix and Golden State.

The Knicks have four back-to-backs during that 14-game stretch and 20 back-to-backs overall. They also have two sets of four games in five nights in 2014-15 and play seven games in 10 nights between March 19 and March 28.

Reunions:
Derek Fisher heads back to Oklahoma City on Nov. 28 and hosts the Thunder on Jan. 28. As noted above, the Knicks are in L.A. on March 12. Will Phil Jackson be there? The Knicks host Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton on Tuesday, Dec. 16. The Knicks travel to London to play Jason Kidd and the Bucks on Jan. 15 at O2 Arena and face Anthony Davis and the Hornets on MLK Day at 5:30 in the annual game at MSG on that holiday.

In all, the Knicks have 16 games on national television, including nine on ESPN, one on ABC and six on TNT. For comparison’s sake, the Bulls and Cavs each have an NBA-high 10 TNT games. Six teams play 10 games on ESPN. The Thunder play an NBA-high six ABC games.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK --8/21 -- A confident Carmelo Anthony believes the New York Knicks will create a "new culture" and "new identity" this season and leave any remnants of last season's 37-win nightmare in the rearview mirror.

"I don't think we will have another season like we had last year. When I say, 'I believe that we will make the playoffs,' that's where I'm coming from. I think we will have a much better season than we did last year," Anthony said on Thursday night at Barclays Center, where he served as a coach in a celebrity basketball game sponsored by CC Sabathia and Robinson Cano's charities. "As far as putting a number on the games we want to win, it's hard to say that right now. But as far as us feeling good about this upcoming season, the way we feel I'm confident in what we're about to create. I believe we will be in the postseason."

Anthony tested free agency over the summer and was courted by several teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls. He ultimately decided to re-sign with the Knicks, agreeing to a five-year, $124 million contract.

Anthony reiterated on Thursday that he was "close" to leaving New York.

"It was close. I don’t even like to talk about that no more," he said. "This is home. There is no place like New York. Although the other situations were very intriguing, there is no place like New York."

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, who coached Anthony on Syracuse's national championship-winning 2003 team, said earlier this week that Anthony would have left New York if Phil Jackson hadn't joined the organization as president.

Anthony smiled when Boeheim's marks were relayed to him.

"I haven’t heard that. I know [Boeheim] says some crazy stuff. That’s my guy. He’s been the same way for 40 years. But at the end of the day, man, with what we’re trying to create here in New York, it’s a new culture and a new identity, and we’re trying to create that," Anthony said. "As far as me staying here, a lot went into that decision. At the end of the day, I did have to believe in Phil, I did have to believe in my teammates. So that’s all that matters."

Anthony said that he has spent time recently playing with teammates J.R. Smith, Cleanthony Early and Tim Hardaway Jr. at his gym in New York and commended Amar'e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert's offseason workouts.

"Everybody is just putting in the proper work. I think with the new energy that we have now with the team and the coaches, everybody is just excited to get back," he said.

Anthony and the Knicks will have to learn a new offense this season. First-year head coach Derek Fisher is expected to implement Jackson's triangle offense.

"It's something that's not going to happen overnight. That's why I'm kind of getting into it right now and kind of studying it and learning it and just trying to figure out where I'm going to be at on the court," Anthony said. "It's not about really me, it's about everybody else. If everybody's not on the same page in the triangle, then the triangle is not going to work. So it's about everybody coming together, playing they're role and doing what they have to do to make it work."

Anthony also acknowledged that teams in the Eastern Conference have improved. But he sounds confident in the improvements the Knicks have made, which include trading for Jose Calderon and Samuel Dalembert, and signing free-agent forward/center Jason Smith.

"Regardless of who got better, I believe we got better. I believe [our team] has gotten better than last year," Anthony said. "I know what I went through last year from an emotional standpoint, and I don’t want to feel that again."