• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nussmeier NOT forced out at Alabama

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Alabama rivals site:

TheWolverine.com - Voice of The Tide: Nussmeier hire big for Michigan

"There's one voice only in the operation, and that is Nick Saban," he said. "Was that frustrating to Nuss and he felt he had to make a change, be his own guy? He was brought in to run the Alabama [Nick Saban's] offense.

He was not pushed out. Let's start with that premise. He was not pushed out. It was a surprise to most that he was moving on, particularly because positionally, even if not situationally, it was a lateral move. I can't say what exactly reason the was, but Nick is very, very, very, very demanding, not that Brady Hoke is not.

"With Nick he'd put in exceedingly long days. They're constantly working, but more often than not they're rewarded with a national championship ring, which is pretty good reward for that hard work. Maybe Nuss wanted more time with family. But I can tell you the decision to move was his. That's all I can share on that. He's a great guy, wasn't shoved out or anything, so there' no hidden story here. He just felt the time was right."
----------

interesting to say the least. Seems like Nuss didn't want to run Saban's offense and not the other way around.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope not, Alabama had one of the most efficient offenses in the country last year. It was their defense that let them down at the end of the year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how people act like Michigan isn't a brand name.

Not a shock that coaches would leave to coach at Michigan

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much did Alabama offer to keep him there?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With Nick he'd put in exceedingly long days. They're constantly working, but more often than not they're rewarded with a national championship ring, which is pretty good reward for that hard work. Maybe Nuss wanted more time with family. "

To be honest, from an employer's perspective, I wouldn't hire a guy if I thought he was coming to work for me because he wouldn't have to work as much. - In fact, my advice to Hoke would be to put him through the wringer as much as he can to see what that part was all about. :noidea:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Texas hired Bo Davis from Bama. It was Saban wanted to replace him. Same with Rumph, whom Texas just hired from Bama. Bama just hired Bo Davis bavk. Yes, the guy they did not want just 2 yrs ago

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Texas hired Bo Davis from Bama. It was Saban wanted to replace him. Same with Rumph, whom Texas just hired from Bama. Bama just hired Bo Davis bavk. Yes, the guy they did not want just 2 yrs ago

If you want to see Alabama fans being sad about losing a coach, you'll get your wish if Kirby heads to Georgia.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see Alabama fans being sad about losing a coach, you'll get your wish if Kirby heads to Georgia.

Funny. I don't think he is that high on the list. Multiple DCs I would want over Kirby.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not wanting to see you sad, it's the constant spin job whenever someone wants to pad their resume at a different school. Or leave to get a raise. They just weren't Bama good any more and were about to be fired.

Like he said...

Bo Davis leaves Bama for Texas = no longer wanted on the staff
Chris Rumph leaves Bama for Texas = no longer wanted on the staff
Bo Davis returns to Bama = ??? Good enough again?

Sometimes assistants leave for many different reasons. It's no big deal really. Unless you are Alabama where you must be perceived as on top at all times.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuss might not have been forced out but he wasn't encouraged to stay either. Since a counter offer wasn't offered by Bama that says we didn't want him. He's gone, Bama fans are happy. Michigan fans are happy to have him, I don't understand the issue. It just appears that Michigan fans jimmies are getting rustled because Bama fans jimmies are not getting rustled and that's pathetic and comical.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not wanting to see you sad, it's the constant spin job whenever someone wants to pad their resume at a different school. Or leave to get a raise. They just weren't Bama good any more and were about to be fired.

Like he said...

Sometimes assistants leave for many different reasons. It's no big deal really. Unless you are Alabama where you must be perceived as on top at all times.

This is an argument and a statement that I have not seen a Bama fan make.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuss might not have been forced out but he wasn't encouraged to stay either. Since a counter offer wasn't offered by Bama that says we didn't want him. He's gone, Bama fans are happy. Michigan fans are happy to have him, I don't understand the issue. It just appears that Michigan fans jimmies are getting rustled because Bama fans jimmies are not getting rustled and that's pathetic and comical.

They don't want to hear that:whistle:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like he said...

Well, I have no clue who said that about Bo Davis in the past.

Hell, I don't even know who's said that about Chris Rumph either.

Where? I really don't know enough about either to even have a real opinion on them. I didn't see many complaints about the DL when either of them were at Alabama. So where are people saying this at?

The 2 coaches I've heard about before staffing changes as far as fans go were Nuss and Cristobal(OL coach).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, checking around the only thing I've heard is people reacting negatively about hiring Bo Davis now because of how the defense of Texas looked this past year. Some people defending him because of what he did while at Alabama.

So where the hell are Alabama fans saying that?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, checking around the only thing I've heard is people reacting negatively about hiring Bo Davis now because of how the defense of Texas looked this past year. Some people defending him because of what he did while at Alabama.

So where the hell are Alabama fans saying that?

Saying what?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, honestly it's more from our end now -- the media around here, especially the Sparty leaning, has pulled out all the stops pushing the idea that we got some coach that was basically fired from Alabama.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not gonna dig through the internets from early 2011 to find Bo Davis reactions. Just remember you were coming off a disappointing 2010 season where several teams had nice success offensively. So obviously, it was spun the defensive line was partially to blame and Bo Davis was no big loss.

Today, you can't sit here and tell me that people weren't saying Rumph was not generating pass rush with his defensive line and he is also no big loss. I could link every article about him leaving and direct you to the comments. Obviously, it isn't everybody and most of the Bama fans on SportsHoopla are fairly reasonable. Don't take my ramblings personally. Just know there is a nice segment of your fan base that isn't based in reality anymore with your recent success. They are drunk with success and spin everything to show Saban only lets people leave who can't hack it.

For instance, your OC leaving for Michigan. You had one of the best offensive seasons Bama has ever had under Saban if not the best. Yet many will claim no effort was made to retain him and him leaving is a good thing.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. yes I know some Texas fans are spin artist as well. I just lived through 4 years of it when Mack was collapsing. I spun things in 2010 myself trying to figure out how it all fell apart. By 2012 it was easy to see and the majority of us agreed our shit did in fact stink.