• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nugs @ Dubs 1/15/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, there's a game tonight. Not to squash the JC/Brooks love. 730pst tip off.

• Expecting #9 to have a big game for us
  • Team overall may show some rust, start off slowly and finish strong like always
  • Baze / Nedo may get more court time, no TD
  • Dubs win it at home 100-89

Good Luck to B. Shaw after this game, tonight is going to be all Dubs.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err...apparently Nedo is out 12-15 days with sprained hammy

Is that code for, we needed the bench space for JC and Brooks?

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
65 points given up at halftime? This is the intensity they show after 4 days off? Wake up, bitches, this is not a practice.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smokes, that last minute of the third quarter?

:L

God does NOT want Golden State to win this game tonight.

:noidea:

:laugh3:

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on mark Jackson just awful

Yeah, awesome how Bogut was sitting on the bench having played 24 minutes following 4 days off, while they got repeatedly raped in the paint. Thanks, Jackson.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also failing to secure rebounds on missed freethrows not once but twice. WTF?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, awesome how Bogut was sitting on the bench having played 24 minutes following 4 days off, while they got repeatedly raped in the paint. Thanks, Jackson.

Yep I was wondering where the fuck he was in the 4th quarter

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on mark Jackson just awful

Completely agree....the dubs were getting abused in the paint late 4th qtr...as I'm watching on TV screaming "WTF, coach...put Bogut in the game FFS!!"
I really like mark jackson and what he usually brings to the table for the team, ie: preparation, and instilling good fundamentals, defense etc. but he had a brain cramp in this one for some bizarre reason...maybe the full moon...who knows?

*ftr: the nugs shooting 50% (12-24) from downtown, while the dubs shot just 32% (9-28).... is also what did them in tonight.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax explained after the game that he went small to counter the high pick and roll, which would have taken Bogut out of the paint anyway. The team defended like shit and deserved to lose.

Disappointing and frustrating loss. This is a bad one.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax explained after the game that he went small to counter the high pick and roll, which would have taken Bogut out of the paint anyway.

Fuck that. I would rather take my chances with their bigs taking outside jumpers than dunking the ball uncontested. Bogut could stay home and protect the rim, let them shoot. When they do that, their bigs are also taken out of position for rebounds.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK guys. At least we have our new backcourt acquisitions on board soon, and with our bigmen (O'Neil and Ezeli) coming on later, our bench strength will improve as we progress late in the season for the playoff crunch. I like what I'm seeing here. Myers should be GM of the year IMHO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A disgraceful, embarrassing performance last night. AFter 4 days of rest and at home, this is what the team comes up with? Our second unit is ridiculously bad. 35 points given up in the 1st quarter? You gotta be kidding. A defensive team? Right.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err...someone forgot to tell the Dubs there was a game last night

- Thought AI would have a big impact and fill up the boxscore last night, Wilson Chandler was scoring at will over him. #9 went 1-7 from the field.

- Dubs didn't have an answer for JJ Hickson, 13 pts, 24 boards

- Foye, Lawson, Nate combined for 67 points. Dubs didn't have an answer. Maybe a back up point who plays decent defense could have helped? Well we traded that piece to MIA.

- Steph 4 - 13 from 3pt land. Maybe he should have passed it more. When the DUbs were down by 1 point, with 1:03 left on the clock, Steph turned into Ellis and turned over the ball to HIckson at the top of the key. Product of fatigue? Poorly designed play? It just wasn't meant to be.

- HB decided to show up last night, 15 pts, 6 boards. Looked asserted at times, reminded me of the playoff run, he needs to bring it strong like that everynight.

All in all, a bad loss. Hopefully Dubs get it together vs OKC Friday.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err...someone forgot to tell the Dubs there was a game last night

- Thought AI would have a big impact and fill up the boxscore last night, Wilson Chandler was scoring at will over him. #9 went 1-7 from the field.

- Dubs didn't have an answer for JJ Hickson, 13 pts, 24 boards

- Foye, Lawson, Nate combined for 67 points. Dubs didn't have an answer. Maybe a back up point who plays decent defense could have helped? Well we traded that piece to MIA.

- Steph 4 - 13 from 3pt land. Maybe he should have passed it more. When the DUbs were down by 1 point, with 1:03 left on the clock, Steph turned into Ellis and turned over the ball to HIckson at the top of the key. Product of fatigue? Poorly designed play? It just wasn't meant to be.

- HB decided to show up last night, 15 pts, 6 boards. Looked asserted at times, reminded me of the playoff run, he needs to bring it strong like that everynight.

All in all, a bad loss. Hopefully Dubs get it together vs OKC Friday.
Turned into Ellis? No, he turned into Curry from just a quarter earlier when he did the same thing and had Chandler steal the ball from a loose cross-over move. You would figure he would have learned from the first one.

Fatigue? Not on four days rest. Poorly designed play? Come on, man. And as for his three point shooting, a couple of his hoists were ridiculous. Steph, along with others, had a bad game both mentally and physically. He doesn't need excuses made for him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. I would rather take my chances with their bigs taking outside jumpers than dunking the ball uncontested. Bogut could stay home and protect the rim, let them shoot. When they do that, their bigs are also taken out of position for rebounds.

Well, when you get to be an NBA head coach, have at it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, y'all need to chill. The Heat just lost 3 in a row, I guess they suck too?

Basketball is kind of like baseball in terms of numbers, with half the games. 1 game = 2 in baseball. And in baseball, sometimes you have a shitty game or two. And then you go play the next one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Warriors lost was because of terrible defense. There's no excuse for you to score 116 points and not win the game. You can question the offense all you want. You can say some critical moments affected us. All the Warriors had to do was just defend a little bit and they win this game easy.