• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now you know why they were looking for pitchers

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they need hitters and finding one should be their priority. But that doesn't mean they should just stop looking for a pitching upgrade alltogether.

With the bullpen requiring a 9 inning perfomrancce on the following day, there was never a time when the Ms need Roenis Elias deep inot a gmae moreso than last night. And, he tanked.

Has he been a pleasant surprise this year? Sure. But some of this pleasant surprise is also an illusion.

Mariners have a 47.3 winning percentage when he starrts. They have a 55.7 winning percentage when he does not start.

He has started 19 games and only has 6 quality starts.

He's given up 4 or more earned runs 7 times. That's too much for the Ms puny offense to overcome on most nights.

He will reach his innings pitched quota in late August or early September.

He has had a nice first season. His future with the Mariners is bright. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if he replaced the rest of the way this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your points and the M's probably do need another pitcher but should in no way make a deadline deal for one. Pitchers aren't always going to give quality starts no matter what organization, but having no offense kills those other pitchers quality starts.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your points and the M's probably do need another pitcher but should in no way make a deadline deal for one. Pitchers aren't always going to give quality starts no matter what organization, but having no offense kills those other pitchers quality starts.

Depends on who they can get and what the cost will be to get him. If the Red Sox got frustrated with the contract discussions with Jon Lester and decided to throw him on the block at the last minute, would you want the team to make run at that hometown guy? Unlike Price, Hamels, Lee, Smardzija (off the block now), his contract is up at the end of this season so he isn't going to cost as much as those guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they don't sign him and he comes here next year as a free agent. Would be a great #2 behind Felix and ahead of Kuma.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have enough pitching for sure. However looking back at the last two games, even if Felix or whoever was pitching it wouldn't have mattered. This team will go as far as the offense can take them. Ideally and realistically this team is two bats and one starter away. We will see how it plays out

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they don't sign him and he comes here next year as a free agent. Would be a great #2 behind Felix and ahead of Kuma.

Either that, or we let him go, and he dominates us in a game like Hector Noesi did against us over the weekend. Seriously, what the hell was THAT?!