• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that it's final, how do you feel about Deshaun Watson?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We assume his actions were "steep", he has yet to have his day in court. Not enough evidence for a criminal trial, and only one lawsuit remains for a civil trial. The NFL as his employer doesn't have to wait for the law, but if a judge determined 6 games based on the everything presented to her, why should we assume we know better?

Because that's the way society is now.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they didn't tell you does not mean they said nothing. Unless you think Glazer lied?
Da fuq? How the hell should I know what’s in Glazer’s head? He’s no central authority on this. He heard what the teammates said, and he’s choosing to believe them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of punishment being appropriate or not in our eyes is moot, since we aren't privy to the evidence.
Per the CBA it really doesn't matter how much of a suspension is warranted, only if the PCP has been violated.
We all including DW knew the NFL wanted much more than 6 games and we all knew the NFL held the trump card if needed. The Judge fully knew this and gave just a 6 game suspension, maybe all aling she wanted this in Goodells hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da fuq? How the hell should I know what’s in Glazer’s head? He’s no central authority on this. He heard what the teammates said, and he’s choosing to believe them.
say you lack comprehension skills without saying you lack comprehension skills.

Glazer never said he believed anyone. He only refutes your notion Garrett waited a week to make the accusation as he said he heard him accuse Rudolph in the locker room after the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the CBA it really doesn't matter how much of a suspension is warranted, only if the PCP has been violated.
We all including DW knew the NFL wanted much more than 6 games and we all knew the NFL held the trump card if needed. The Judge fully knew this and gave just a 6 game suspension, maybe all aling she wanted this in Goodells hands.
Maybe....or maybe she thought 6 games was most fair based on previous rulings/suspensions.

Now I do believe she preferred they settle as opposed to her having to make the ruling that would be ignored.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victim is a strong word seeing as he ran after Myles. Myles very much deserved a suspension and his reaction to Mason charging him was not appropriate. That said Myles should have just bitch slapped him after he ripped his helmet off. Would have still been suspended but would've been a more appropriate reaction.

That said Myles shouldn't have been in the game anyway.
He was attacked on the ground after the tackle, included being bashed in the head with his own helmet. “Charging” after he was back on his feet and there were 30 other guys in the scrum. LOL.
Try and stay focused......First, Glazer reported it was said right after the game. Not a week later. If you don't believe Glazer, that's cool but Glazer reported it was said directly to him. Not that someone else told him. As for the photo, the claim was how could no one have heard him and I showed you one time he could have said it with no one hearing it.

Second, I have said over and over I'm not sure I believe it was said and only 6 posts before yours (to you) told you I am not saying I believed the accusations. But feel free to lie and say I claimed it was racial.
Glazer also said shit until the suspension was handed down. He’s not more believable than anyone else making the claim, for this reason alone.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....or maybe she thought 6 games was most fair based on previous rulings/suspensions.

Now I do believe she preferred they settle as opposed to her having to make the ruling that would be ignored.
Maybe you think it's only one incident. Again we all knew the NFL would up it from 6 even the Jugde knew 6 games weren't going to stand.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so y'all know

He said / She said is very different from

He said / she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she, and she said.
Here's the thing.....it might have happened to a few and then the others just smelled a cash payout and decided to pile on.....that's entirely possible.....especially since he had 66 massage therapists and 20-plus came forward. Some actually came to his defense.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say you lack comprehension skills without saying you lack comprehension skills.

Glazer never said he believed anyone. He only refutes your notion Garrett waited a week to make the accusation as he said he heard him accuse Rudolph in the locker room after the game.
And he said this… when? Glazer’s such a stand-up guy now that he waits for Garrett to say it’s racism a week later before backing him up? The NFL said it found zero evidence a racial slur was used- which includes Glazer’s account.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was attacked on the ground after the tackle, included being bashed in the head with his own helmet. “Charging” after he was back on his feet and there were 30 other guys in the scrum. LOL.

Glazer also said shit until the suspension was handed down. He’s not more believable than anyone else making the claim, for this reason alone.

You all continue to misremeber shit. Mason charged at him after Myles ripped his helmet off.

Mason got sacked on the two plays previous and he was frustrated he was becoming a human pinata

But again...it was also ridiculous Kitchen had his first string in imo. But to be fair Pitts OL was getting murdered by a four man rush.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing.....it might have happened to a few and then the others just smelled a cash payout and decided to pile on.....that's entirely possible.....especially since he had 66 massage therapists and 20-plus came forward. Some actually came to his defense.

I do think that is a possibility but it's his fault for seeing that many massage therapists and putting himself in that situation. Especially knowing his conduct was at best questionable. He was wildly reckless with his career and is fortunate the punishment is what it is.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is highly probable some came forward just fir the cash, and a good prosecutor will know those will be extremely hurtful to the case. I've already said this before, too many coming forward some with doubtful stories will hurt the case. The more targets the defense can shoot down the better for them.

If this stood at just 4 to 8 solid cases, I'd bet the Grand Jury would have came back with enough evidence to go to trial

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not hard to find 30 women who don't make very much money and let them know they could have a million dollar payday with zero evidence and it coming down to a he said/she said situation.........
24 therapists sued him out of 66 that he saw.

Unless he filtered for "gold digger," the problem is him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glazer was in the room and heard it said. Not a report of it being said by an unnamed source. He's not believable to you simply because he is not saying what you want to hear and is pretty much saying you are lying.

what would be Glazer's motivation to lie?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you think it's only one incident. Again we all knew the NFL would up it from 6 even the Jugde knew 6 games weren't going to stand.
you think the judge knew. You don't know. Possible she thought they'd let her do her job which both sides asked her to do.

Many also "knew" the NFL was going to get the year they wanted.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the judge knew. You don't know. Possible she thought they'd let her do her job which both sides asked her to do.

Like I had said...the NFL didn't want this to drag out either. They knew a year would be a problem on a few fronts. Or they'd have done it.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all continue to misremeber shit. Mason charged at him after Myles ripped his helmet off.

Mason got sacked on the two plays previous and he was frustrated he was becoming a human pinata

But again...it was also ridiculous Kitchen had his first string in imo. But to be fair Pitts OL was getting murdered by a four man rush.
Yes- After. Ripping someone’s helmet is an aggressive act; it’s not like Garrett’s fingers accidentally became entangled in Rudolph’s helmet. This is the point where Garrett later lied about, and said Rudolph called him a slur, triggering/justifying his violence. Again, 30 guys surrounded them, as soon as Rudolph was on his feet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that is a possibility but it's his fault for seeing that many massage therapists and putting himself in that situation. Especially knowing his conduct was at best questionable. He was wildly reckless with his career and is fortunate the punishment is what it is.
Oh, I agree. No need to see 60-plus different massage therapists.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all knew, it wasn't a secret.