• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that all are in place, who are your top 10 coaches?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Shaw for winning titles at a program Harbaugh built up and then left for a better opportunity. Pretty arbitrary metric to bring up considering the much more impressive accomplishments Harbaugh had there as a HC, especially since the Pac 12 is now the weakest P5 conference.

LOL. Shaw is Stanfords winningest coach ever, has three conference championships and a final #3 ranking. I'd be curious to see the more impressive accomplishments Harbaugh had. I'd also love to hear about the accomplishments Riley has had more than the previous coach and coaches before him since apparently you dont really accomplish anything if the previous coach had a good year before you.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear the argument for Petersen or Patterson above Dantonio. Also, Shaw has been decent, but he hasn't even been as good a coach as Harbaugh was at Stanford, and we all see how easy it's been for Harbaugh since joining the B1G East.
God Like!

DVjxF7WU8AAfgMu.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw was with him at San Diego as OC as well.

As for the 49'rs, speaking of walking into built teams...
LOL tell me about it. They were loaded coming off of that 6-10 season the year before he took over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Shaw is Stanfords winningest coach ever, has three conference championships and a final #3 ranking. I'd be curious to see the more impressive accomplishments Harbaugh had. I'd also love to hear about the accomplishments Riley has had more than the previous coach and coaches before him since apparently you dont really accomplish anything if the previous coach had a good year before you.
Yes, and he has those accolades only because Harbaugh left. If Harbaugh hadn't left, Shaw might be a HC somewhere else or he'd still be Harbaugh's OC.

Riley's accomplishments don't surpass Stoops, but I'd take him over Shaw right now.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and he has those accolades only because Harbaugh left. If Harbaugh hadn't left, Shaw might be a HC somewhere else or he'd still be Harbaugh's OC.

Riley's accomplishments don't surpass Stoops, but I'd take him over Shaw right now.

LOL. Isn't every coach there because the previous one isn't?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL tell me about it. They were loaded coming off of that 6-10 season the year before he took over.

Do you know how the NFL works? Doing bad = getting better talent.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never heard that every year many teams that made the playoffs dont the next season and many teams that didn't do the next season.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this plays out
9. Gundy- train just keeps rolling. Amazing job at OSU
10. Petrino.. ark hasn't been the same since. Maybe in my bottom 10 human beings in CFB, but the guy can coach

I was hoping he would somehow make his way to LSU, but he would have had replaced Miles....LOL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Isn't every coach there because the previous one isn't?
I'm saying the only reason he got those accolades is because Harbaugh decided to move on. In other words, he wouldn't have shit for accolades if not for Harbaugh bringing him along, building up the program, and then leaving for the NFL allowing Shaw to take over the already established program.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never heard that every year many teams that made the playoffs dont the next season and many teams that didn't do the next season.
I've gotta address these both - WOW that's some fucking retarded logic on both parts. The 49ers were an under .500 ballclub for almost the entire decade before Harbaugh got there. They were a loser franchise. He completely turned them around. How do you both not know that already?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the only reason he got those accolades is because Harbaugh decided to move on. In other words, he wouldn't have shit for accolades if not for Harbaugh bringing him along, building up the program, and then leaving for the NFL allowing Shaw to take over the already established program.

WEll no shit. He got hired at that point because Harbaugh left. Thats how things work. And anyone in their right mind would say he was obviously ready. We all remember the Miami squad Larry Coker was given that had like 18 NFL players and he won one year and fell off the map after that. And the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys who were built for Switzer to win right away and the next year it was a disaster.Shaws been the head coach at Stanford for seven years now. Longer than Harbaugh has coached anywhere and has accomplished more in college than Harbaugh has. Every coach has their roots. Dantonio coached on Sabans staff at one time and I bet seven years removed most knowledgeable people would say anything he accomplished is his not Sabans even though he would have learned some things. It's funny I even have to say that since somehow you think Riley is a #10 coach when hes the poster boy of taking over a team already built and at a school with actual football tradition.You keep giving us the "Harbaugh built it " when Harbaugh never even won a conference while Shaws has won three and while Harbaugh got some things going it was Shaw that started bringing in the 5* O linemen and it was Shaw who started using three TE sets and made the Stanford squad we see today.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta address these both - WOW that's some fucking retarded logic on both parts. The 49ers were an under .500 ballclub for almost the entire decade before Harbaugh got there. They were a loser franchise. He completely turned them around. How do you both not know that already?

Losing in the NFL means you get top draft picks year after year. The 49'rs were already heading in the right direction overall, just needed some offense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping USC grabbed Aranda . I'm ok with Clancy but Aranda looked like a solid pick.

Hard to know. The guy knows defense, but what are his thoughts on offense? If I did a 2 hour interview with him I would spend 119 minutes asking about his offensive plan and the remaining minute of defense

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll no shit. He got hired at that point because Harbaugh left. Thats how things work. And anyone in their right mind would say he was obviously ready. We all remember the Miami squad Larry Coker was given that had like 18 NFL players and he won one year and fell off the map after that. And the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys who were built for Switzer to win right away and the next year it was a disaster.Shaws been the head coach at Stanford for seven years now. Longer than Harbaugh has coached anywhere and has accomplished more in college than Harbaugh has. Every coach has their roots. Dantonio coached on Sabans staff at one time and I bet seven years removed most knowledgeable people would say anything he accomplished is his not Sabans even though he would have learned some things. It's funny I even have to say that since somehow you think Riley is a #10 coach when hes the poster boy of taking over a team already built and at a school with actual football tradition.You keep giving us the "Harbaugh built it " when Harbaugh never even won a conference while Shaws has won three and while Harbaugh got some things going it was Shaw that started bringing in the 5* O linemen and it was Shaw who started using three TE sets and made the Stanford squad we see today.
The Stanford squad we see today is shitty. Did you not watch them this year? With that completely 1-dimensional offense and unimposing defense?

Yeah, Shaw has more accolades at Stanford than Harbaugh. No shit. Harbaugh moved on to bigger and better things and did Shaw's job for him. That's like criticizing a MLB player for lack of minor league stats because he excelled so quickly he was promoted. Stanford is currently nothing without Harbaugh. Shaw isn't going there by himself and doing what's been done. Nothing you say will change the fact that Shaw, while being a decent coach, was completely set up to win by Harbaugh. Nothing. And now he's showing signs of regression.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing in the NFL means you get top draft picks year after year. The 49'rs were already heading in the right direction overall, just needed some offense.
LOL it's just that simple huh? So coaching in the NFL essentially means absolutely nothing in your opinion. Wow that is some extreme idiocy. And you call yourself a football fan.