• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Slay is talking, says Lions D good as Seattle's.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Slay says the D is as good as Seattle's

Last year there wasn't, but now we only have one pass rusher though he'll be in for a rude awakening if he thinks it'll be as easy to cover guys when the other teams QB's have 6-10 seconds to make their decision instead of 3-6 . PS pay your pass rushers

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't have great guys up front either.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane is top 7 DT and Bennett, Irvin, and Avril are all good pass rushers

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Slay took a time machine to last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind hearing a CB run his mouth, especially a young guy like Slay, who we have witnessed the progression in his development and the extra work he has put in during the offseason to get to that level.

Do I agree with him? No. It is better than hearing him say -- man, we are screwed this year, though.

That being said -- Ebron and Bell both need to shut their traps. One can't catch the ball and one can't hold onto it after it is handed to him. Prove it on the field before talking how good you are going to be.

I give Ngata a pass -- he is new here, so he has to make comments to endear him to his teammates. :)

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Mayhew Quotes About Suh From His End Of The Year Press Conference
(with corrections)

Suh likes it here, but it’s all about the money: “He likes to win, I know that. I know he likes Coach Caldwell, I know he’s very comfortable here in Detroit. So those things all play in our favor. At the end of the day, though, money talks, so we have to step up in terms of pursuing him financially as well.”

(corrected)
Suh likes it here, but it’s all about the money: “He likes to win, I know that. But so long as I'm the GM that's not going to happen. He says he likes Coach Caldwell, and says he’s very comfortable here in Detroit, and he thinks he should have won the celebrity diving show. All those things all play in our favor but he's also a liar, I'm a fucking moron, and Tom can't even add.”

A long term deal with Suh is preferred: “Obviously a long term deal is a preference, it always is, but we’ll evaluate it as we go and there will be ongoing dialogue and a sense of urgency to get something done.”

(corrected)
A long term deal with Suh is preferred: “Obviously a long term deal is a preference, it always is, even though we have no clue how to get one done. I've reached out to Martin Lurther King Jr. Elementary School for help. There will be an ongoing dialogue and a sense of urgency to get something done. By that I mean once Tom gets back out of rehab and I finish reading the book The Idiots Version To Being An NFL GM we'll be ready to get started”

Suh wants to be here and willing to negotiate: “Oh yes, very much. We talked about that on Monday and had a good conversation with him. He wants to be here and we want him to be here. I think that’s a good combination and we’ll see how it all plays out.”

(corrected)
Suh wants to be here and willing to negotiate: “Oh yes, very much. He can play us like the fools we are quite easily. We talked about that on Monday and had a good conversation with him. He said he wants us to believe that he wants be here even though he doesn't and we've already proven we are incompetent jackasses so we believe him. I think that’s a good combination for us to continue our unprecedented streak of failures."

Every option is open with Suh: “We want him back. We are willing to franchise him, transition him, or whatever.”

(corrected)
Every option is open with Suh: “Look, I'm going to say it is, but even I know its not and I'm one of the dumbest people on the planet. We already butchered that option when we did all those restructures. I think Tom was drinking Wild Turkey and it gets pretty ugly on those days. Of course we should have known what it would mean, after all that is our jobs. But lets be fair here, we are entirely unqualified for these jobs so of course we suck at them. Geez!"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Glober Quin predicting a 7-1 start or whatever it was.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Glober Quin predicting a 7-1 start or whatever it was.

Then with all this being said, I expect nothing less but a 15-1 record with a curb stomping Super Bowl victory this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, good point. He and Caraun Reid would have been the only two to even qualify for nomination.

Come on guys -- Travis Swanson was given the nod as the Lions rookie of the year. I would hope we get some sort of production out of our draft picks in the upcoming season. If we don't -- we are in for a long season.