• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now it's just a matter of when

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No longer a question if the Bears are gonna leave Soldier Field. Now it's only how long is it gonna take to build a new stadium in Arlington and move the org over there.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad to see a long-time home of a team cease to exist. Soldier Field has been synonymous with the Bears for as long as I can remember. It's outdoors in an often cold and windy place. When it's gone, my guess is the NFL will have yet another "dome team" and weather will become a little bit less important to football.

Yeah, I can see the need to replace an aging venue, to provide more parking and probably more seats.

But, as a Red Sox fan, I still appreciate those old stadiums with impossibly green real grass beneath an impossibly blue open sky.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad to see a long-time home of a team cease to exist. Soldier Field has been synonymous with the Bears for as long as I can remember. It's outdoors in an often cold and windy place. When it's gone, my guess is the NFL will have yet another "dome team" and weather will become a little bit less important to football.

Yeah, I can see the need to replace an aging venue, to provide more parking and probably more seats.

But, as a Red Sox fan, I still appreciate those old stadiums with impossibly green real grass beneath an impossibly blue open sky.

They screwed it up with the spaceship design....There's not enough capacity. If they had done that reno right, we wouldn't be here.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since moving to Soldier Field, except for two-4 year periods, the Bears have been synonymous with suck. And that stadium sucks dick. Hopefully the new one is much more fan friendly.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since moving to Soldier Field, except for two-4 year periods, the Bears have been synonymous with suck. And that stadium sucks dick. Hopefully the new one is much more fan friendly.

Ive never had a problem with the stadium....its the damn traffic and parking.....

Ive been to Arlinton park for the horse races,and it seems to be the ins amd outs will be a 10xs better.......

So I will have no problems with them moving......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I appreciate your well stated sentiments, unlike those classic old stadiums, Soldier Field went under an almost 100% transformation and not by any means for the better. Plus the parking is worse than ever, along with getting there as well. I'm generally one of those 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' kind of guys, but SF is broke. And the Chicago Park District, which runs the place is a total joke. Nope, put me down as one of the pro-relocation fans. The Bears are going to flourish in their new locale..........altho by saying new, we're probably not talking until 4-6 years down the road.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, pops used to go to the games at Wrigley Field. Talk about a terrible football field to play games in....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when it was gonna be the Gary Bears before the rebuild. lol now that would have been insane. Fun fact. Soldier Field lost it's historical status after the rebuild, one of only 4 times a place had that taken away. I don't care where they play.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, pops used to go to the games at Wrigley Field. Talk about a terrible football field to play games in....
Well, right on que!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arlington Park is 34 miles from Soldier Field.
Thats 59,840 yards.
At Nagy's current offense, it will take 299.2 games for him to get there.
:pound:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They screwed it up with the spaceship design....There's not enough capacity. If they had done that reno right, we wouldn't be here.
we still would not get a super bowl here, its important for a city. They need a place the NFL can sell at least 75,000 tickets to to host a super bowl.

I get this, but I also get that Allen Robinson still considers himself under paid and he makes 1.2 million dollars per game. Mack over a million, and 50 guys making at least 100,000 each average is probably closer to 250K if its a 4 million dollar guy. So each team throws out some 8 million in salaries each game on a field that has slop for sod 4 games out of the year. Yeah, I know, injuries happen on field turf as well, but all the NFL wants to do is protect players who are out there trying to kill and maim each other.