• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nov. 22 vs. 49ers - Redemption or Bust

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing we have learned from Pete's teams over the years is he wont put their foot on teams throats to finish games. I know this has bothered many including me and i know it has cost the Hawks wins but im starting to except it. Beat them up make them suffer then run out the clock not giving them any chances. I'll take it. It's all about the ball and he wants to limit turnovers so they do not take many chances and even less with a lead.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you've hedged your losses and are willing to hope for the best every weekend. This is the defending NFC champ and they're loaded with talent. I'm hoping we win out, beat the Vikings in the WC game, and then send that loser Cam off fishing crying. The season isn't over. Just about every game went our way this weekend. These guys can do that if they pull their heads out of their asses.

Hedged my losses? All i am saying is there was NOTHING and i mean NOTHING to bitch about in this game. Line played solid, D played Solid, Russell had a GREAT game not a good game but a GREAT GAME. The Rush offense was unstoppable and so was Wilson in the passing game. The D played solid ( 13 points given up ) i just see no reason to be bitching about Wilson in this game where he only missed on 5 throws and i think 4 of those were throw away to avoid sacks. Think about that for a second :P

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you've hedged your losses and are willing to hope for the best every weekend. This is the defending NFC champ and they're loaded with talent. I'm hoping we win out, beat the Vikings in the WC game, and then send that loser Cam off fishing crying. The season isn't over. Just about every game went our way this weekend. These guys can do that if they pull their heads out of their asses.
Are you done with the clichés and ready to give a thoughtful response to the first inquiry?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you done with the clichés and ready to give a thoughtful response to the first inquiry?

The worst team in the NFL (which the 49ers are) were in it in the 2nd half. I'd say whatever, it's just the 49ers, but every loss we had we've let teams hang around with our lame play calling that shuts down and tries to sit on a 2 score lead before the first half has ended. That's my stance. Things haven't changed. You have to go for the throat and if there's quick points to be taken then take them. And Lockett is blowing past people just about every time he lines up. He's got to be the #1 guy instead of Baldwin who's an above average reception guy. Those two (Wilson and Lockett) have to be on the same page. His moves off the line are outstanding.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, you're not.

What exactly does that mean? The offensive side of the coaching staff is going to be gutted this offseason. When that happens will it suddenly be the right move because the powers that be can do no wrong? It was obvious it should have happened going into the season but they didn't pull the trigger for whatever reason.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst team in the NFL (which the 49ers are) were in it in the 2nd half. I'd say whatever, it's just the 49ers, but every loss we had we've let teams hang around with our lame play calling that shuts down and tries to sit on a 2 score lead before the first half has ended. That's my stance. Things haven't changed. You have to go for the throat and if there's quick points to be taken then take them. And Lockett is blowing past people just about every time he lines up. He's got to be the #1 guy instead of Baldwin who's an above average reception guy. Those two (Wilson and Lockett) have to be on the same page. His moves off the line are outstanding.

I think the Browns, Titans, Lions, Cowboys and Chargers have something to say about that. At what was it 23-13 it wasn't even that close. Seattle was still controlling the game and even though the 49ers pulled with in 10 that took their best to even get that close. That was on the D not Wilson that they got with in 10 points but for the most part the D was solid. 49ers converted only 18% of their 3rd downs, had 14 total first downs for the game to Seattles 28. 49ers were 1 of 3 inside the redzone ( 33% ) and 0-1 with goal to go. You take away the one bad series by the D at the end of the first half and what you got? Score was actually closer than the game was. 49ers never had a chance even when it was 23-13. Would you have felt better or sang a different tune had they Hawks scored instead of kneeling down making it 36-13? yeah you wouldn't have said a damn thing lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was a solid victory and I can only hope this is the spark that gets them going. Team showed a lot of heart and hopefully this carries over against the Steelers next week.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win today... I still don't have power so it's been hard for me to follow any kind of football, let alone the message board here...

About time Carey Williams gets benched... Secondary is still a bit of a concern allowing Gabbert to have his best game as a NFL QB so far...

Not sad that Lynch is pretty much done... Rawls looks fresher and more determined out there imo... Lynch isn't the intimidating presence he once was...