• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame to ACC

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Brian Kelley gets fired soon. I hate that guy...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"They also have extremely heavy pull, equivalent to entire conferences, at the football negotiating table."

They're at the negotiating table with NBC not ESPN like the rest of the ACC

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope Brian Kelley gets fired soon. I hate that guy...

He is always cursing at his QB, maybe other players too but definitely at his QB. I don't know why you'd want to go to Notre Dame if you were a HS QB

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They also have extremely heavy pull, equivalent to entire conferences, at the football negotiating table."

They're at the negotiating table with NBC not ESPN like the rest of the ACC

where did they sit when the BCS playoff was determined?

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't do much for the ACC. Unless swofford can actually get a shit ton more money now. Our TV contract is shit.

In regards to no one leaving the ACC, that's not entirely true. The difference in money in the SEC will still be more than enough to leave, but this just makes teams think a little more about it. But this does at least lock people in their current conferences until all of the new tv networks, and playoff have been figured out.

Ps, idk if we will getND in Lane. Has neutral site I.e. Baltimore or fed ex written all over it

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree, we'll probably see ND at FedEx, atleast until a future expansion. ND will want to play in DC/Baltimore a few times a decade between us, UVA, and Maryland. The revenues will be great, but I'd like to see atleast the first time go to Lane Stadium.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't do much for the ACC. Unless swofford can actually get a shit ton more money now. Our TV contract is shit.

In regards to no one leaving the ACC, that's not entirely true. The difference in money in the SEC will still be more than enough to leave, but this just makes teams think a little more about it. But this does at least lock people in their current conferences until all of the new tv networks, and playoff have been figured out.

Ps, idk if we will getND in Lane. Has neutral site I.e. Baltimore or fed ex written all over it

thats a decent point.. but you gotta believe they'll want to host VT every now and then.. only way that gets done is with H/Hs

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know they're set to play every team every 3 years. Will there be any more annual type matchups versus the only good teams like VT, Clem, fsu? Would only help the ACC, and both ND and said good team.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will we go back to 8 conf games per year?

when they say ND is tied with with the ACC's non-BCS bowls, that's a rather uninformative way of putting it. The BCS will be dead before ND joins. So let's be clear... will they be tied in with the ACC's half of the orange bowl or not? Assuming they aren't, it will be interesting to see if they get tied in with the other half. I hope not. Wouldn't make as much sense any more, since there will be such a strong regular season tie already.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
great points. 5 games per year = 15 games but only 14 teams in the ACC to divvy it. My guess is that Pitt, BC, or Syracuse will get an annual tie-in but I hope I'm wrong. I agree that this has FedEx field written all over it too. I don't think we'll go back to 8 conf games either. It'll just count as those teams' OOC games for that season. I'm also curious as to how the bowl tie-in really is written though. The devil's in the details and I'm wondering if Swofford gave up the ACC's left nut to make this happen. Though it's not a definite, I'd say that a $50 million buyout will make any move out of the ACC very doubtful. I don't think that any team in the ACC, nationally, can bring enough revenue to justify a conference paying $50 mil to get them. FSU .. maybe .. but no other team in my opinion.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is good for both the ACC and Notre Dame.

I'd guess $50 million will keep Florida State in the ACC, and Notre Dame will be considered an "ACC team", even while keeping it's football money separate. They'll be playing a lot of football in the ACC. They'll be non-conference games, but they'll be decent games to watch.

Say what you will about Swofford, he knows what he's doing.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stick with 9 conf games, then in any year where you play ND, you only have 2 games to schedule freely. That is going to make it really tough to get to 7 home games for those that want that. If you pull an away (or neutral site) game with ND in a year where you've got only 4 conf games, 7 home games isn't even possible. Will they be able to keep that from happening with the scheduling rule of ND-plays-every-ACC-team-at-least-every-three-years?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuetral site revenue is split isnt it? wouldnt that be like 6.5 home games? and filling FedEx would be a decent chunk

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but I am going to assume they are ineligible for the conference championship.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like we've now all but completed the perennial pre-season National Football Championship by adding Notre Dame as a partial member!!!!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the first time a 9-3 ND team takes the BCS bid from a 10-2 ACC Champ...

Probably us.

PS: No, I have not read the BCS/ND not an ACC title contender provisions yet. Busy day at work... but I'm imagining some kind of bend-over-a-barrel scenario similar to what they had with the Big Least is in there.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the ACC's news conference, ND is still in discussions to be part of the group that plays against the ACC in the orange bowl. Ugh. I hope there's some provision in there that keeps us from playing them in the orange bowl if we already played them during the regular season. Even with that, it'll be playing a pseudo-ACC team in a bowl. Bowl games are supposed to be for playing someone you don't usually get to play.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also said that TV rights and revenue for ND home games (including neutral site games where they are designated the home team) will go to ND, and rights/revenue for ACC home games (including neutral site where the ACC team is the host) will go to the ACC.