• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not that I care all that much, but the lateral question.....

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had me a little uneasy that Manning was going to break the yards record by ONE yard. I just had a feeling that someone would go back and analyze all of the yards in the game to try and find some technicality to take the record from Manning.

It is not a big thing, but I know Manning does care about it.

It is technically a lateral.

peyton-manning-backward-pass-to-eric-decker-against-oakland-b.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd laugh if they went back and called it the run it is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a Saints board that was 10 pages long of Saints fans screaming at the top of their lungs that Peyton didn't deserve the record because of this throw. To me it does look like a lateral pass which in turn means run. Now having said that he sat out the whole 2nd half where he probably could have racked up possibly another 250 yards and added another 4-5 touchdowns to his already impressive touchdown record. Peyton in reality this season sat out close to a full game worth of time because of the big leads they had so if I were Saints fans not sure I would be pounding my fist for the record knowing Peyton could have easily smashed it to oblivion if he wanted to.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not even worth worrying about. If they adjust the record so be it. Manning sat out the entire second half so it's not like he wouldn't have broken it any way. There is one record I care about: Manning becoming the first QB ever to lead two different teams to Super Bowl wins.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we get to analyze every pass thrown by Brees in 2011?

I think we ought to be able to take a look.

Oh, we can't?:noidea:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stat adjustments are a completely normal process that happens on a weekly basis.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd laugh if they went back and called it the run it is.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the Brady record. So, why would you care enough to laugh about it in the way you are insinuating?

Does it bother you that the Pats have not won it all in 10 years, and since Brady has put up Manning like numbers, he is 7-7 in the play offs? It does not bother you? It does bother you? Who can really tell?

All I do know is the years the Pats actually did win it, Brady did not pass for 4000 yards nor 30TDs in any of those seasons.

What am I getting at? Well, in the perpetual argument about who is better (Brady or Manning) it seems to fall on head to head and play off success. Fine, as though that is not filled with irrelevant fallacies. (or are they circular reasoning fallacies :noidea:)

Cause IF the Colts had the Pats defenses with BB calling them in the early 2ks, and Brady had the lack luster Colts defenses in the early 2ks, what would they head to head be?

Oh never mind.

You should consider getting Mo Lewis a gift basket, who without his signficant contribution, would not have made Belichick into this head coaching genius he has turned out to be.

Just in case there is any question. This right here, is what created the Pats 14 years of success.

09000d5d8227f09b_video_cp.jpg

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with Brady v manning. I just would think it was funny that he tried to beat the record by a yard and could correctly lose it for doing so.

As for the rest of your post, lol. Brady had already moved seriously up the depth chart and would have been given his shot eventually. The press may not have known who he was but bill did. No one wins every year, so a rebuilding stretch where they averaged 11 wins a year while being a legitimate super bowl contender and completely restocked is acceptable. This teams's in great shape for several more runs now, and Brady's the heart of it.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be reversed. NFL is already looking at it. Guess if the coaching staff intended to use the Raiders game to give Manning the record, they should have provided more of a cushion than a single yard.

Oh well. Would have been a LOT worse if Manning came back in the 3rd to break the record only to tear an ACL or something. Brees can keep his record..... I want Manning to get us the Lombardi.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees' stats have already been analyzed....... in 2011. NFL does it's statistical adjustments during the week after games are played.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't change the fact Manning obliterated Brady's TD record......:whistle:

He had a great regular season.

Now the real season starts, though.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's keeping the yards.

Hey I'll knock Peyton when I can but to deny this season as the best offensive season any QB has had in modern NFL history is just stupid.

Kudos to the pizza boy!

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's keeping the yards.

Hey I'll knock Peyton when I can but to deny this season as the best offensive season any QB has had in modern NFL history is just stupid.

Kudos to the pizza boy!
Theres also a chance that you may be a NE Homer

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record will stand. NFL looked at it and is not reversing it. It's too close to say it is definitively a lateral.

Besides, he easily would have broke the record if he played 1 more series in the 2nd half, so to even suggest the record is flawed is ridiculous.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record will stand. NFL looked at it and is not reversing it. It's too close to say it is definitively a lateral.

Besides, he easily would have broke the record if he played 1 more series in the 2nd half, so to even suggest the record is flawed is ridiculous.

Just from the angle shown in the OP, it is not disputable that it was backwards. Any other situation that becomes a run.

The bold is more important. The "correct" call would have been the wrong one in context. Peyton earned the record and if it was considered a run initially would have thrown an extra pass or two and broken it. You don't take that away.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

REALLY looked like a lateral to me, but nice to see they will let Manning keep the record.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It doesn't bother me at all that Manning shattered records this season. Really, it doesn't." - JDM