• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not talked about story line for Cardinals/Niners matchup

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald doesn't deserve the benefit of doubt, a guy that already has DUI under his belt, so his judgment is certainly questionable.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with all these off the field issues is they become very foggy quickly. Also everyone should remember that it could happen to your team.

Which is why Jim Harbaugh statement about "above reproach" becomes perhaps the most stupid quote in the history of the NFL.
The 'above reproach' was a stupid comment I agree but that was about using PEDs to gain an advantage on the field. It had nothing to do with overall character.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 9ers having multiple starters being out with injury and suspension right now. While Dwyer has an impressive 16 carries for 51 yards in the 2 games he's played prior to deactivation.
I'm sure it doesn't.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald doesn't deserve the benefit of doubt, a guy that already has DUI under his belt, so his judgment is certainly questionable.
Lead the Witch Hunt then. I hope you never find yourself in that situation.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers as a whole is pretty sad of example of no accountability. The NFL needs to step in, because clearly the Niners are too stupid to do it themselves.

49ers lead NFL in arrests past 3 years - Ann Killion

And, just because 49ers and their fan base measure everything against the Seahawks, Seattle has had five arrests since 2012.

The 49ers didn’t have any arrests in the first year under Harbaugh-Baalke. But something in the culture appears to have changed. Two players – Aldon Smith and McDonald, who was arrested on a DUI in 2012 – account for six of those ten arrests. That shouldn’t make anyone feel better about the 49ers problems. Repeat offenders are a clear sign that a message is not getting through. The team’s mishandling of the Aldon Smith issue, putting him on the field for practice just a couple of hours after his arrest last September on a DUI charge and then allowing him to play every defensive snap two days later, is an indication that the team might not have priorities in order when it comes to handling serious legal issues.

Something is wrong within the 49ers culture right now. The team wants to be viewed as one of the league’s elite but leading the league in arrests is not, I assume, what it has in mind.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers as a whole is pretty sad of example of no accountability. The NFL needs to step in, because clearly the Niners are too stupid to do it themselves.

49ers lead NFL in arrests past 3 years - Ann Killion

And, just because 49ers and their fan base measure everything against the Seahawks, Seattle has had five arrests since 2012.
Good commentary by Ann. I measure no team against another and I don't see many posters doing that. The 9ers have the record for this...I get that. When this nation becomes a 'punish and figure out if they deserved it later 'kind of place then we can light the torches and find the hanging tree.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a little off the topic of the thread, but I really don't like Arizona's chances without Palmer. Gonna need to force some turnovers and make one or two big special teams plays to win.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good commentary by Ann. I measure no team against another and I don't see many posters doing that. The 9ers have the record for this...I get that. When this nation becomes a 'punish and figure out if they deserved it later 'kind of place then we can light the torches and find the hanging tree.

Yeah, we can't go overboard to the degree what we are doing now, but the positive could be that people are growing tired of the trouble athletes cause and there is no accountability. The double standard is getting closer to ending then idling by.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we can't go overboard to the degree what we are doing now, but the positive could be that people are growing tired of the trouble athletes cause and there is no accountability. The double standard is getting closer to ending then idling by.
I agree. I think that has moved forward and this will won't happen where a player has disipline when it comes to the NFL. The courts ,however, seem to be lenient.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a little off the topic of the thread, but I really don't like Arizona's chances without Palmer. Gonna need to force some turnovers and make one or two big special teams plays to win.
I thought it WAS the topic until I read the posts. Stanton can't be undervalued IMO. The 9ers will have their hands full for sure with the pass rush issue.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it WAS the topic until I read the posts. Stanton can't be undervalued IMO. The 9ers will have their hands full for sure with the pass rush issue.

Oh definitely, but if Kaep can limit his turnovers I think they'll come out of the desert with a W.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even READ the link? Or you just trying to be an ass?

Just so that things are CLEAR for you Hawk fans that try to sling mud, McDonald has NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME! Lumping him in with Ray Rice or Greg Hardy is stupid.

Sonny, if I went to your boss and claimed you to be a child ******er without anything to substantiate that claim, would you be cool with your boss telling you to go home based on an ACCUSATION? There are a ton of assuming and not a ton of proof of anything. If you factor in the psychosis of this girl in May, there is a GREAT chance that the scenario that people jumped to about two weeks ago isn't even close to being the truth.

Again, if he is charged with a crime, then yes, suspend him at that point. Until then, it's just Hawk fans being Hawk fans.
"McDonald was arrested on felony domestic assault charges on Aug. 31." - Police say home of San Francisco 49ers DL Ray McDonald was site of another incident in May that involved a gun - ESPN

"San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald has been arrested and charged with felony domestic violence, according to[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]506091076281589761[/MEDIA]"] NBC Bay Area[/ame]. He was booked at 5:30 a.m. Sunday for "inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant," reports the[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]506097800723963906[/MEDIA]"] Sacramento Bee[/ame]." - 49ers DL Ray McDonald charged with felony domestic violence - CBSSports.com

To say that Ray McDonald has not been charged with any crimes is very misleading. And to say that the incident is unsubstantiated is completely wrong. The police arrested McDonald after seeing bruises on his baby's mama for felony domestic abuse. This allegedly happened during his birthday party in which there were a lot of potential witnesses, albeit other teammates that aren't likely to snitch. While I'm not familiar with California's criminal procedure, in non-grand jury states you would first be arrested based on probable cause. Then you would have an arraignment where charges are brought, then you would have a preliminary hearing (often referred to as a probable cause hearing), and then if the case has not been kicked, you move on to trial. I guarantee the DA has enough for arraignment. The only question is getting beyond any probable cause hearing because they essentially need baby's momma to take the stand and make her say in open court what happened.

This is why domestic violence is so hard to prosecute. The victim lots of times has to take the stand and look their mugger in the face and tell the court what that person did. Ray McDonald's baby's momma may very well decide that it would be in her best interest to keep her mouth shut, and not rip up her meal ticket. If she does do that, then the DA will need another eye witness or some other conclusive evidence to get beyond a probable cause hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"McDonald was arrested on felony domestic assault charges on Aug. 31." - Police say home of San Francisco 49ers DL Ray McDonald was site of another incident in May that involved a gun - ESPN

"San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald has been arrested and charged with felony domestic violence, according to NBC Bay Area. He was booked at 5:30 a.m. Sunday for "inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant," reports the Sacramento Bee." - 49ers DL Ray McDonald charged with felony domestic violence - CBSSports.com

To say that Ray McDonald has not been charged with any crimes is very misleading. And to say that the incident is unsubstantiated is completely wrong. The police arrested McDonald after seeing bruises on his baby's mama for felony domestic abuse. This allegedly happened during his birthday party in which there were a lot of potential witnesses, albeit other teammates that aren't likely to snitch. While I'm not familiar with California's criminal procedure, in non-grand jury states you would first be arrested based on probable cause. Then you would have an arraignment where charges are brought, then you would have a preliminary hearing (often referred to as a probable cause hearing), and then if the case has not been kicked, you move on to trial. I guarantee the DA has enough for arraignment. The only question is getting beyond any probable cause hearing because they essentially need baby's momma to take the stand and make her say in open court what happened.

This is why domestic violence is so hard to prosecute. The victim lots of times has to take the stand and look their mugger in the face and tell the court what that person did. Ray McDonald's baby's momma may very well decide that it would be in her best interest to keep her mouth shut, and not rip up her meal ticket. If she does do that, then the DA will need another eye witness or some other conclusive evidence to get beyond a probable cause hearing.
On the bolded part. You can guarantee this? How? Where you there? Get a grip really. Every case is different. Let the court handle this...not you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bolded part. You can guarantee this? How? Where you there? Get a grip really. Every case is different. Let the court handle this...not you.
Ray McDonald was 1) Arrested, 2) Booked on charges of Felony Domestic Abuse, 3) The cops that arrested him saw bruises on his baby's momma. That would be enough for arraignment.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray McDonald was 1) Arrested, 2) Booked on charges of Felony Domestic Abuse, 3) The cops that arrested him saw bruises on his baby's momma. That would be enough for arraignment.
You witnessed this episode then? It could be enough to push this through I agree. You guarantee this. I was not there to see how she got bruised and she has a history of DV herself. Being charged is not the same as a conviction.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You witnessed this episode then? It could be enough to push this through I agree. You guarantee this. I was not there to see how she got bruised and she has a history of DV herself. Being charged is not the same as a conviction.
Judges usually don't witness the episodes of violence either and yet they still arraign people based on the arrest. That is why I am confident that there is enough for arraignment. Whether or not he will get a conviction is another story.

But like I said in the original post, you can either treat these situations as the Cardinals did, and deactivate the player immediately until exonerated, or continue to play someone in the face of felony domestic abuse charges. Both teams are completely entitled to do what they are doing. It is fascinating though that Harbaugh is the one playing the accused after he first stated that the team was going to "be above reproach" and second told his players that he would have their backs if they messed up unless they put their hands on a woman, in which case they were essentially dead to him. I suppose you have to respect his commitment to winning at all costs.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judges usually don't witness the episodes of violence either and yet they still arraign people based on the arrest. That is why I am confident that there is enough for arraignment. Whether or not he will get a conviction is another story.

But like I said in the original post, you can either treat these situations as the Cardinals did, and deactivate the player immediately until exonerated, or continue to play someone in the face of felony domestic abuse charges. Both teams are completely entitled to do what they are doing. It is fascinating though that Harbaugh is the one playing the accused after he first stated that the team was going to "be above reproach" and second told his players that he would have their backs if they messed up unless they put their hands on a woman, in which case they were essentially dead to him. I suppose you have to respect his commitment to winning at all costs.
You and other fans continue to bring up the "above reproach" comment as if it applies here. That comment was made about PEDs ,not off field issues so just stop with that crap. The Cards can drop who they feel like...same with the 9ers....tell me, how many 9ers are on this current team that have been arrested and sentenced with a crime?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb@#$% thread.

But, I think its telling that like 6 different eye witnesses made comments implying McDonald was innocent. You make decisions by a case by case basis and if the indications are that the player is innocent, then why deactivate him?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Harbaugh meant they are only "above reproach" about some things... OK :rollseyes:

Seriously, does anyone think that if someone would have asked him right after he said that, if he means all around or just about PEDs, he would have said, "oh, just PEDs"? I dont care what are you are specifically talking about, if you say stuff like that, you better keep your shit tight all around.