• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not talked about story line for Cardinals/Niners matchup

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the two teams at opposite ends of the spectrum for domestic violence tolerance. On one hand you have Jonathan Dwyer getting immediately deactivated from the team once he was charged and the team stated that he would not be back until exonerated. On the other hand you have Ray McDonald continuing to play even though he was arrested on felony domestic abuse charges and has a probable cause hearing coming up in the very near future.

I for one applaud the Cardinals for being above reproach. :clap:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post should continue the cheap-shots between Hawks / 49er fans.....

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I really hope that the niners beat the cardinals tomorrow. Its looking like Arizona may be the tougher of the two teams at this (early) point in the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love when people throw out blanket statements like this without actually presenting all the facts. At this point from what I have read Ray McDonald is more he said/she said than anything. Yes she had some marks on her but how they got there or why they got there is yet to be shown. There is new information that has come out recently that actually shows McDonald just 30 days earlier had called 911 on his fiancée as she grabbed a gun during one of their arguments making McDonald fear for his life. Who is to say she didn't grab the gun again in this incident and McDonald was protecting himself?

My question to you would be should we go back to the Salem Witch trial type days where pretty much anybody accused of something is automatically just found guilty? In the Ray Rice incident, Adrian Peterson incident, and now in the Jonathan Dwyer incident there is actual physical evidence and/or witnesses that make the story clearer. We still don't know with McDonald.

I guess put it this way...if you start down this slope of suspending players before any actual evidence comes out on the case what kind of precedent are you setting? What would stop say some avid 49er fans from then going and accusing Seattle players of say abuse/assault, or some other crime at that point? Then you would have say Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson all suspended until they get the legal side of things cleared up which could take months if somebody wanted to drag it through the courts.

I have no problem with Goodell dropping the hammer on guys when there is some major physical evidence to back it up and not waiting for the court system to come to a conclusion. Doing the same on a he said/she said type situation though is setting the NFL for just as much back lash as anything else they have done the last couple of months.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah, above reproach. If idiotic Seahawk fans are interested in slinging mud, then they should at least educate themselves on the facts thus far. Here, let me help: Police: Woman grabbed gun at McDonald?s house in May - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

We still don't know exactly what happened. But so far, it seems that Ray McDonald is the one who called 911 and that the woman had a gun.

Now if he is in fact guilty of his accusations, then I believe he should be suspended and kicked off the team. However, I believe in a little thing called DUE PROCESS. Let the facts present themselves first. It's not complicated. In this case, with what we know so far, it seems that McDonald may actually be innocent, but it's still too early to tell.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd grab a gun if a 300 lb guy was beating on me too.

Seriously though, I think one problem with allowing a player to be active while dealing with legal issues is that it encourages them to drag out the process. Take Lynch for instance, it took two years for the process to play out on his dui charge and twice they pushed back date until the end of a football season. If he had been sent home to take care of his business instead of focusing on football you better believe that shit would have been handled asap.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, I think one problem with allowing a player to be active while dealing with legal issues is that it encourages them to drag out the process. Take Lynch for instance, it took two years for the process to play out on his dui charge and twice they pushed back date until the end of a football season. If he had been sent home to take care of his business instead of focusing on football you better believe that shit would have been handled asap.

Again the issue becomes the other side of it though as false accusations would be encouraged. I mean say the Broncos and Seahawks get back to the Super Bowl...What better way for an avid fan to help their team out than make some crazy accusation about one of the star players of the other team and make them have to sit it out as it would take at least a couple of weeks for the police to completely deem it a made up offense.

Both sides of the coin are not pretty but I would rather take a bit longer and get it right than rush to judgment and hurt both a player and team over something completely made up.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you even READ the link? Or you just trying to be an ass?

Just so that things are CLEAR for you Hawk fans that try to sling mud, McDonald has NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME! Lumping him in with Ray Rice or Greg Hardy is stupid.

Sonny, if I went to your boss and claimed you to be a child ******er without anything to substantiate that claim, would you be cool with your boss telling you to go home based on an ACCUSATION? There are a ton of assuming and not a ton of proof of anything. If you factor in the psychosis of this girl in May, there is a GREAT chance that the scenario that people jumped to about two weeks ago isn't even close to being the truth.

Again, if he is charged with a crime, then yes, suspend him at that point. Until then, it's just Hawk fans being Hawk fans.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love when people throw out blanket statements like this without actually presenting all the facts. At this point from what I have read Ray McDonald is more he said/she said than anything. Yes she had some marks on her but how they got there or why they got there is yet to be shown. There is new information that has come out recently that actually shows McDonald just 30 days earlier had called 911 on his fiancée as she grabbed a gun during one of their arguments making McDonald fear for his life. Who is to say she didn't grab the gun again in this incident and McDonald was protecting himself?

My question to you would be should we go back to the Salem Witch trial type days where pretty much anybody accused of something is automatically just found guilty? In the Ray Rice incident, Adrian Peterson incident, and now in the Jonathan Dwyer incident there is actual physical evidence and/or witnesses that make the story clearer. We still don't know with McDonald.

I guess put it this way...if you start down this slope of suspending players before any actual evidence comes out on the case what kind of precedent are you setting? What would stop say some avid 49er fans from then going and accusing Seattle players of say abuse/assault, or some other crime at that point? Then you would have say Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson all suspended until they get the legal side of things cleared up which could take months if somebody wanted to drag it through the courts.

I have no problem with Goodell dropping the hammer on guys when there is some major physical evidence to back it up and not waiting for the court system to come to a conclusion. Doing the same on a he said/she said type situation though is setting the NFL for just as much back lash as anything else they have done the last couple of months.

FYI- Dwyer has denied any physical abuse as well. In addition, the incident happened in July and the girl just brought it up in September. Either way, I'm sure he is not completely innocent and I think the team did the right thing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with all these off the field issues is they become very foggy quickly. Also everyone should remember that it could happen to your team.

Which is why Jim Harbaugh statement about "above reproach" becomes perhaps the most stupid quote in the history of the NFL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even READ the link? Or you just trying to be an ass?

Just so that things are CLEAR for you Hawk fans that try to sling mud, McDonald has NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME! Lumping him in with Ray Rice or Greg Hardy is stupid.

Sonny, if I went to your boss and claimed you to be a child ******er without anything to substantiate that claim, would you be cool with your boss telling you to go home based on an ACCUSATION? There are a ton of assuming and not a ton of proof of anything. If you factor in the psychosis of this girl in May, there is a GREAT chance that the scenario that people jumped to about two weeks ago isn't even close to being the truth.

Again, if he is charged with a crime, then yes, suspend him at that point. Until then, it's just Hawk fans being Hawk fans.

:gaah::gaah::gaah: :gaah::gaah:

Lighten up Francis, it was a joke.

If you told my boss that I am a chimo and had nothing at all substantial to go off of other than your word then he would tell you to go fuck yourself. If you said that there is a police investigation pending, he would tell me to go take care of my problems and put me on admin leave until it's all sorted out. And why does everyone keep comparing these guys to 9-5ers? It's not the same, they're independent contractors whose indiscretions are front page news because of what their job is. It's not exactly fair to treat them differently, but life isn't fair, and business sure as hell isn't. I'm not claiming that the guy is guilty of anything, I dont really care about what happens either way. The niners are obviously standing by him and good for them if their convictions are proven true. But with the current climate, I cant help but think that the better choice for the team on their quest to stay focused on winning games, would be to play without him until all questions are answered.

Oh, and it's not just Hawk fans that share this opinion :L
San Francisco 49ers News ? Niner Insider Blog » Jerry Rice on Ray McDonald: ?He should be off that football field?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI- Dwyer has denied any physical abuse as well. In addition, the incident happened in July and the girl just brought it up in September. Either way, I'm sure he is not completely innocent and I think the team did the right thing.

There are neighbors though agreeing with the girls story of what happened and that they actually helped her and the child escape and hide for a bit. It is not like she just one day decided "oh hey I forgot to tell the police a while back about this happening to me." She waited until she felt safe from him being able to escalate in the situation then told police. Not the way I would have done it but who knows what has happened in her past that made her question if she was safe. The news story does say that when she did try to call the police he attacked her and took her phone away. So I can understand some of her fear of doing it so close to home.

All of these cases are interesting. I don't blame a team for suspending a player while they get it figured out and I don't blame a team for waiting for the legal process to play out and see what actually happened.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 9ers having multiple starters being out with injury and suspension right now. While Dwyer has an impressive 16 carries for 51 yards in the 2 games he's played prior to deactivation.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well stated. I will be the first one on the 'get rid of Ray Mac' bandwagon if he is charged. Until then I wait for this to become something.