• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not sure what changes have been made this offseason

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But from what I know, last year I missed the playoffs by a tie-breaker and it's been implied it was because of my first round pick Keuchel. Personally I think my third round pick of McCutchen had more to do with it. This year, I am going pitcher first again but it will be Kershaw, Sale, or Scherzer. No one else, including Kluber. Second pick will be one who has good value. Last year that was Kluber and this year I am thinking that will be Felix.With Fernandez's death there is going to be a hole in the elite pitching tier. I plan to go back to my 2015 formula where I will take 1Bs in the third and fourth rounds or making sure to get a utility player early which is important. Last year I took Davis in fifth but he does not do enough consistently to warrant a high pick and when he's off he's off badly. McCutchen was the third round pick. That pick could have instead been Abreu. As for my 2b, last year it was Gordon and the whole PED thing happened. That never effected me thanks to Pedroia's fountain of youth. Dozier is just consistently good I may just go back to aim for him as he was on my 2015 team. And McCutchen probably falls back to where he is an acceptable pick. I don't see him ranked high this time as well as JD Martinez who also had a down year compared to 2015. It could be sixth round Springer all over again. The last two years I have cashed in on lower values of Heyward(who I ended up eventually trading with Price for Trout) and Springer and hope to do it again this time with McCutchen.

I want to evaluate my last four years in CBS and how my draft picks have gone
Braun(after Trout was taken)
Cain
Hamilton
Cueto
Kipnis

This was bad due to taking two OFs in the first three rounds and no ace or big bat. I thought I would do better next time..............

Trout
Fielder
Beltre
Greinke
Kipnis

I loaded up the hitting boards and Fielder busted big time. Even with Greinke, Trout, Beltre all doing well, I suffered because of lack of elite pitching. And also, wasting a early pick on Chapman who had the broken face that spring training. This woke me up..........

Price
Lester
Rizzo
Encarnacion
Dozier

This was a great draft, but had I not traded for Kershaw I am not sure how this team turns out as Lester did not live up to his draft position. I made two risky trades that season where I gave up more for less but both top players of their positions. I would do it again.

Keuchel
Kluber
McCutchen
Gordon
Davis
First round pick that didn't live up to his rank combined with third round pick who underperformed, and a up and down player that was too high. I was able to be consistent most of the season because of being in many low scoring games and at least having quality pitching early on in due part to Stroman and Nola and hitting on prospective picks of Piscotty and Story. But when those all hit the wall, my team was exposed due to the questionable early picks. It's pretty much a given hot prospects come into the season and will play well into mid June and then it's time to sell them. There are two different halves in baseball and that is something I have to take note of this season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have your strategy and that's fine. You won't get me to argue against a top heavy pitching strategy.

But, (and I know you'll never listen) lining up positions in rounds is the worst strategy you can possibly start with.

There are more than two halves in baseball! Way more! There are six months. And more importantly, there are 22-25 weeks. The All-Star break comes at roughly week 14. So the halves are not equal. Every hitter is going to have a bad month/two-week slump, and some have multiple... and that's just talking elites.

Every non-Ace is a matchup dependent start. Fantasy baseball is about in game management. Maybe Kenny Rogers said it best... you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

But like I said, you have your strategy and that's fine. My favorite is the tier strategy. Doesn't lock you into anything. Just takes the best player in your opinion. You have to stop generalizing everything... like your second last line...

But when those all hit the wall, my team was exposed due to the questionable early picks. It's pretty much a given hot prospects come into the season and will play well into mid June and then it's time to sell them.

No. That's simply not true.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it yourself about Keuchel more than once last year to me. I will only take Trout or Goldschmidt if the desired pitchers I want are gone. And with Sale a red sox, it's narrowed down to two. I mean can Syndergard be trusting that high?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean can Syndergard be trusting that high?

Of course he can. Unlike, say, a Strasburg, his arm hasn't fallen off once yet.

Syndergaard is top 5 elite easily, at this point.

In my always humble opinion.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it yourself about Keuchel more than once last year to me. I will only take Trout or Goldschmidt if the desired pitchers I want are gone. And with Sale a red sox, it's narrowed down to two. I mean can Syndergard be trusting that high?
Its fantasy baseball u take your best guess then hope and pray:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said what? That Kuechel 3rd overall was a terrible pick? ........yes, yes I did.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he can. Unlike, say, a Strasburg, his arm hasn't fallen off once yet.

Syndergaard is top 5 elite easily, at this point.

In my always humble opinion.

Thor over Sale but not by much :suds:
latest

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thor over Sale but not by much :suds:
latest

Ironically, I just lost Thor in an auction league and settled on Sale for a few bucks less; I was not displeased.

And you get a winner just for the pic; I used to own that little beauty right there. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight; Sir Brees will only take Trout or Goldy if Keuchel is already off the board?

To each his own...I just wanna be sure I interpreted that right.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news:suds:

Noah Syndergaard has been named the Mets' Opening Day starter.
"Easiest [decision] I've made in a while," manager Terry Collins told the media in Mets camp on Thursday. Syndergaard is a worthy pick after dominating to the tune of a 2.60 ERA, 1.149 WHIP, and 218/43 K/BB ratio in 183 2/3 innings last season. The mountainous 24-year-old right-hander packed on 17 pounds of muscle over the winter

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight; Sir Brees will only take Trout or Goldy if Keuchel is already off the board?

To each his own...I just wanna be sure I interpreted that right.
nope hes blaming others for picking keuchel 3rd last year
Its why he didnt make the playoffs:suds: