• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not pretty tonight

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fred Davis and I know he is only in his latter 20's and I thought he had a time when he was pretty good and on the verge of maybe even more than that, but not great by any means...But, I don't see calling him more than average AT THIS POINT, IMO. 4 games suspension after multiple failed drug tests. Season ending achilles injury. Getting sued. No team seemed to even want him as a FA and Wash didn't seem to want to sign him and only gave him a one year deal (I think). I thought I remembered he wasn't a very good blocker, but can't remember for sure, so I apologize if I am wrong on that one. It all adds up to something, right? That being said, he is on my radar as a #2 TE if he drops on draft day. I think he is a guy that could end up with better numbers than he is talented if that makes sense.

Garcon. Never thought he was anything much (thought he was a product of Manning) and thought that was a completely ridiculous signing by Washington for that $ amount. I was actually ecstatic when i read about it. But, I will say that the way he began the year before being hurt last season certainly raised my eyebrows. He had a couple of other decent games too, but I am not sure how healthy he was all year even when he did play. So I will wait to see how he does this year before judging him, because I just don't know what to think right now.

IMO. Both are average if I had to pick, but I am a big fan of RGIII. I think he will make them both appear much better than they actually are. I thought that was a dumb asz trade that Washington made to move up for him, but after seeing him play I was incredibly impressed. The speed, smarts, arm strength and accuracy is all there. the big question of course is health, but if he is healthy I think every Redskin benefits with Morris being the biggest beneficiary. I'm not big into looking at stats from certain games and extrapolating them out over a full season because things don't happen in a vacuum. So talking about one game they both missed doesn't mean anything. I'll say if RGIII is healthy, the rest of your guys may look better than average. If he is not, they probably will not. just my opinion...

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is definitely a special player. And special players at QB do make others better. But I think it was proven last year that RG3 is also made better by the talent he has at his disposal. He's much better with Garcon and Davis in the line up than without. And the passing game takes a huge hit with them gone. I think if they both play a full season, both are capable of putting up pro bowl type output. They definitely aren't losses that should be considered no big deal. A primary WR and your #1 TE being out are significant losses. Critical.

I won't defend Davis for his off field stuff. Never have. Talent wise and on the field, he's a weapon. Garcon is seemingly fragile, but when he's healthy and on the field he's a dynamic playmaker. Especially in this offense which is perfectly catered to what he does well. He takes short and intermediate passes and goes the distance with them with his YAC ability.

Bottom line for me has always been this. Teams have injuries, some more lucky than others. If someone tells me that the Redskins had good luck with injuries, I'll disagree. And yes, I understand that Dallas had a lot of injuries as well.

I hope both teams are healthy this year so we don't have to compare injuries, listen to excuses and just say the better team won.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having good luck with injuries last season on the Washington oline can not be disputed. That is key for ANY offensive football team next to the QB position.

expecting a different run on luck in that area and what I see on the skins defense has everything to do with my 6 to 8 win season projection.....and that just burns at you....which makes we happy

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fred Davis and I know he is only in his latter 20's and I thought he had a time when he was pretty good and on the verge of maybe even more than that, but not great by any means...But, I don't see calling him more than average AT THIS POINT, IMO. 4 games suspension after multiple failed drug tests. Season ending achilles injury. Getting sued. No team seemed to even want him as a FA and Wash didn't seem to want to sign him and only gave him a one year deal (I think). I thought I remembered he wasn't a very good blocker, but can't remember for sure, so I apologize if I am wrong on that one. It all adds up to something, right? That being said, he is on my radar as a #2 TE if he drops on draft day. I think he is a guy that could end up with better numbers than he is talented if that makes sense.

Garcon. Never thought he was anything much (thought he was a product of Manning) and thought that was a completely ridiculous signing by Washington for that $ amount. I was actually ecstatic when i read about it. But, I will say that the way he began the year before being hurt last season certainly raised my eyebrows. He had a couple of other decent games too, but I am not sure how healthy he was all year even when he did play. So I will wait to see how he does this year before judging him, because I just don't know what to think right now.

IMO. Both are average if I had to pick, but I am a big fan of RGIII. I think he will make them both appear much better than they actually are. I thought that was a dumb asz trade that Washington made to move up for him, but after seeing him play I was incredibly impressed. The speed, smarts, arm strength and accuracy is all there. the big question of course is health, but if he is healthy I think every Redskin benefits with Morris being the biggest beneficiary. I'm not big into looking at stats from certain games and extrapolating them out over a full season because things don't happen in a vacuum. So talking about one game they both missed doesn't mean anything. I'll say if RGIII is healthy, the rest of your guys may look better than average. If he is not, they probably will not. just my opinion...

This is probably the fairest and most accurate evaluation I've seen from a rival poster on our offense. The only exception I take is with Garcon. I, too, raised my eyebrows when we signed him the first day of FA at that price. But after seeing the guy play last year, injured the entire year, he still was a difference maker. He can flat out play and just flies once he gets the ball. He has fallen under the radar by most due primarily to the fact that he has a history of missing games due to injury. Is he a top 5 receiver? Probably not, but he is a legit #1 WR and I'm happy we have him.

RG3 is also the real deal. He is the epitome of a franchise QB. He picked this team up and put them on his back and carried us to the playoffs. Thats what a franchise QB does. He makes everyone around him better, including our OL.

Your evaluation of Davis is fair. He is an excellent receiving TE, but just an average blocker. But he doesn't deserve to be mentioned yet with the elite because of all of the issues he has had. He has potential but has not yet lived up to it. If he doesn't this year, he will not be a Redskin next year.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is definitely a special player. And special players at QB do make others better. But I think it was proven last year that RG3 is also made better by the talent he has at his disposal. He's much better with Garcon and Davis in the line up than without. And the passing game takes a huge hit with them gone. I think if they both play a full season, both are capable of putting up pro bowl type output. They definitely aren't losses that should be considered no big deal. A primary WR and your #1 TE being out are significant losses. Critical.

I won't defend Davis for his off field stuff. Never have. Talent wise and on the field, he's a weapon. Garcon is seemingly fragile, but when he's healthy and on the field he's a dynamic playmaker. Especially in this offense which is perfectly catered to what he does well. He takes short and intermediate passes and goes the distance with them with his YAC ability.

Bottom line for me has always been this. Teams have injuries, some more lucky than others. If someone tells me that the Redskins had good luck with injuries, I'll disagree. And yes, I understand that Dallas had a lot of injuries as well.

I hope both teams are healthy this year so we don't have to compare injuries, listen to excuses and just say the better team won.
If the Cowboys stay healthy this year, expect them to sweep the foreskins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys stay healthy this year, expect them to sweep the foreskins.

So we have one intelligent response, then we have this. Thanks for adding to the discussion.