• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not news, but Harbaugh was really fired.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh decided to roll with Kaepernick and the results were predictable.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his downfall was, in order of importance,

1.) stubborn refusal to roll Greg Roman's head
2.) being a massive dewshbag and creating petty jealousies with guys in suits
3.) the Kaepernick debacle

I think he could have easily survived any two of these, but not all three.

The first 2 could have been overlooked had #3 paid off. It was a colossal error in judgment and made all of his other annoying traits unbearable.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what could he have done differently in terms of Kap going forward? The contract was team friendly as a MFer, so if he was still there they could be looking for a replacement this offseason, which they should be doing anyways.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership should have paid him off. And as terms of getting the last year of salary was he can't discuss the way the job ended.

No way no how does the 49ers walk away from this separation looking good. The owner and GM look petty and weasel like in the way they orchestrated this change over.

I can't see the 9ers being a .500 team and the fans will be looking for a better return than that. 49er fans have no ambition of returning to the pre Harbaugh days but I just don't see a Head Coach being a toady for the owner being successful.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh pissed off Jeb York. I'm certain that was his downfall. Seems obvious to me after Yorks tweets, comments and involvement. No surprised there, Harbaugh is the kind of guy you can hate after listening to a single interview. York the new Jerry perhaps?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to WIN! So damn what if you don't like the coach. If he is doing what he is supposed to do, then you should be happy. Too many front offices fuck up teams because they have big ego's.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to WIN! So damn what if you don't like the coach. If he is doing what he is supposed to do, then you should be happy. Too many front offices fuck up teams because they have big ego's.

Sorry if this brings back memories of Al.:whistle:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh = biggest dewshbag ever? :noidea:

Possibly, but Pete Carroll is nipping at his his heels for sure.

Signed,

Marshawn Lynch

hahaha, just kidding, everybody knows Marshawn can't sign his own name.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Harb's to move on. He's got a dream college job. No point taking shots at his former employer. He had a good run, but his biggest move (trading Smith and starting Kaep) ended up being a real stinker and that team is in complete disarray. I'll give him credit for the wins but it isn't like he built a roster that's going to have some staying power.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but Pete Carroll is nipping at his his heels for sure.

Signed,

Marshawn Lynch

hahaha, just kidding, everybody knows Marshawn can't sign his own name.

What a terffic sense of humor you got. That's what makes you special, you come across as such a swell guy.:rollseyes:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Harb's to move on. He's got a dream college job. No point taking shots at his former employer. He had a good run, but his biggest move (trading Smith and starting Kaep) ended up being a real stinker and that team is in complete disarray. I'll give him credit for the wins but it isn't like he built a roster that's going to have some staying power.

Sorry but the bolded is complete bullshit. He took the high road all season long, even when the Niner FO was leaking BS story after BS story in an attempt to make him look bad. The interview that he did with Kawakami was eye-opening and filled in a lot of holes that us Niner fans had been wondering about since his "mutual parting". He didn't take shots, he spoke the truth. Taking shots is Little York saying that they parted way but almost within the same sentence stating that he expects the next hire to "win with class".

I like Tomsula, realize he's thrown into a real shitty no-win situation, and because of this am willing to give him some leeway, but Lil York and Baalke to a slightly lesser extent can both go fuck themselves.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but the bolded is complete bullshit. He took the high road all season long, even when the Niner FO was leaking BS story after BS story in an attempt to make him look bad. The interview that he did with Kawakami was eye-opening and filled in a lot of holes that us Niner fans had been wondering about since his "mutual parting". He didn't take shots, he spoke the truth. Taking shots is Little York saying that they parted way but almost within the same sentence stating that he expects the next hire to "win with class".

I like Tomsula, realize he's thrown into a real shitty no-win situation, and because of this am willing to give him some leeway, but Lil York and Baalke to a slightly lesser extent can both go fuck themselves.

100% agree. I am not sure if Harbaugh could have handled the situation with more class. York and Balke on the other hand... ughhhhh.

I will say this. I am now a U of Michigan fan. I have bought what Harbaugh sold.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part to me is instead of promoting their amazing D coordinator, they let his D line coach leap frog him for the job. Good to see Jerry Jones passed the title of dumbest front office to san fran.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsiders view it looks like York and Balke are tight and Harbaugh lost the power struggle with the GM. They can't just fire a coach with Harbaughs success so they attempted to discredit him with leaked stories all year long.

They had a yes man lined up in Tomusula but needed Harbaugh to go away quietly. UofM was the job that allowed him to part ways and give the appearance of a mutual separation.

The leaked stories really did a job to screw with the team chemistry this season and I think Harbaugh has an axe to grind for York and Balke messing with team.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh: 'I was told I wouldn't be coach' of 49ers : Fantasy News

No one should be surprised by this. I guess it's just the first time it has been said publicly.

Harbaugh was told he wouldn't be the coach next year. He was fired in as easy of a way as the front office could do to also save face and prevent drama in the open media.

Still wonder how many head coaches have been fired off of teams with 3 back to back conference championship games and a superbowl appearance with an overall winning record. Team was in disarray before he came and he turned it around in a very short time frame only to be tossed out on his ass.

And now they have a ron jeremy clone with no prior head coaching experience to replace him.

Great plan 9'er front office. You guys are really on the ball. :L

......oh-c'mon, wizard........you should be happy....!,.......another 3/4 more years of seahawks divisional dominance...?!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......I wonder if harbough's getting paid for his final year....if he was terminated..?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, "taking shots" is a bit harsh. It's just for me, when I walk away from a place and start at another, I don't have much of anything to say. Granted, I don't have reporters hounding me but I'd be like "I'm not thinking about it anymore, I'm here now". But they probably wouldn't stfu about it until he said something so it makes sense he responded to it.