• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not a GDT: Post-game LAK/PITT

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what if you were GM and this was your team?
How about if this team is at the 12 spot or under? Then do we have an agreement?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm with rp we sell.

making the playoffs and getting booted in the 1st round is old and not what this team needs.

look at last nights game we get a win because the other team scores on their own goalie. we score 2 powerplay goals on a penalty that shouldn't have happened. now i'm not saying thats a bad thing. you have to be lucky to be good. the problem is this team is all about being lucky. you can't have that going into the playoffs. you need skill you need someone to bury that overtime goal in the playoffs because chances are sid or whoever isn't going to bounce a puck in off someones leg.

i'm fine not making the playoffs this year IF it means we make some serious moves to get younger faster and more skill. if thats draft picks or prospects or whatever then i'm all in for that. take a year off and rebuild the pile

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm with rp we sell.

making the playoffs and getting booted in the 1st round is old and not what this team needs.

look at last nights game we get a win because the other team scores on their own goalie. we score 2 powerplay goals on a penalty that shouldn't have happened. now i'm not saying thats a bad thing. you have to be lucky to be good. the problem is this team is all about being lucky. you can't have that going into the playoffs. you need skill you need someone to bury that overtime goal in the playoffs because chances are sid or whoever isn't going to bounce a puck in off someones leg.

i'm fine not making the playoffs this year IF it means we make some serious moves to get younger faster and more skill. if thats draft picks or prospects or whatever then i'm all in for that. take a year off and rebuild the pile

This year isn't the year to try that without a 1st. Hard to imagine anyone on the Roster fetching a 1st round pick besides Henrique, Larsson, Cory. Obviously they're not the guys we want to be losing in that spot anyway. I guess you could definitely get a few seconds for guys like Jagr, Ryder, def Zids. Zids might get a first.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we won vs kings..... Wow

Devils didn't deserve it, kings dominated however Schneider earned this one finally...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the team score enough for Schneids. If for no other reason then not seeing him with a 1-10 record with a GAA under 2.

To be outshot 33-13 or w/e it was and still win reminds me a lot of our late season games last season in reverse.

Before the trip I said I would take 3 points in the 3 games..now we have a chance to sweep the trip. Im not expecting a win in San Jose though. Just hope we dont get blown out and lose all potential momentum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have 3 straight wins against the Pens , Ducks and Kings is impressive no matter what though.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Early in the season, this team couldn't win for anything, now totally opposite. Impressive set of games. I know what the shots were, but to go on the road against a great team and win like that can get positively contagious in that locker room.
Great goal for Jagr. Drag the puck like that. Showing the young guys on the ice how its done.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't believe we won vs kings..... Wow

Devils didn't deserve it, kings dominated however Schneider earned this one finally...

This is true, but there were games early on I thought the team didnt deserve to lose. It evens out I guess.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This year isn't the year to try that without a 1st. Hard to imagine anyone on the Roster fetching a 1st round pick besides Henrique, Larsson, Cory. Obviously they're not the guys we want to be losing in that spot anyway. I guess you could definitely get a few seconds for guys like Jagr, Ryder, def Zids. Zids might get a first.

if jagr keeps this pace up he def could go for a 1st rounder to a contender. even better to a fringe playoff team in the middle of the pack. i do agree about zid teams are always looking to add mobile d men at the deadline. heck it cost us a 2nd to get him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice to see the team score enough for Schneids. If for no other reason then not seeing him with a 1-10 record with a GAA under 2.

To be outshot 33-13 or w/e it was and still win reminds me a lot of our late season games last season in reverse.

Before the trip I said I would take 3 points in the 3 games..now we have a chance to sweep the trip. Im not expecting a win in San Jose though. Just hope we dont get blown out and lose all potential momentum.

def reminds me of games last year when it was 40-15 shots for us. difference was the kings had SOOOOOOOOOOOO many quality chances. wow! i really didn't expect them to pull that one out esp after the kings tied it so quickly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That giving up a quick goal after we take a lead is a trend I want gone soon.

It's happened way too often this season.

Cory was eating up shots like that all night until that point.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That giving up a quick goal after we take a lead is a trend I want gone soon.

It's happened way too often this season.

Cory was eating up shots like that all night until that point.

you know speaking of that play the guy trying to catch up i dont know who it was. why didn't he dive/slide to try and keep the puck from going across? earlier in the game loki was in a similar spot and dove on the ice to try and break up a potential pass. i wonder why more players dont try that. instead they do some half ass reach with their stick.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its a great advantage having this 1-2 punch of Marty and Cory in net.
Both are different goaltenders. Marty way more mobile, plays the puck better than half our defensemen, and more of a risk taker to make that big save.
Cory is more stay at home, and takes up the entire net. He seems to swallow every puck.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know speaking of that play the guy trying to catch up i dont know who it was. why didn't he dive/slide to try and keep the puck from going across? earlier in the game loki was in a similar spot and dove on the ice to try and break up a potential pass. i wonder why more players dont try that. instead they do some half ass reach with their stick.

I think it was Greene... IMO Greene just let Kopitar get closer n closer , he didn't even charged at him or made him move the puck rather than sitting there... dumbass greene...

he took two penalities earlier for getting beaten and rightfully so, might as well take a 3rd if need be.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it was Greene... IMO Greene just let Kopitar get closer n closer , he didn't even charged at him or made him move the puck rather than sitting there... dumbass greene...

he took two penalities earlier for getting beaten and rightfully so, might as well take a 3rd if need be.

you know i really would love to know the % of coaches that would entertain the idea of taking a penalty in a spot like that. just haul down kopitar if your greene. take your chances on the penalty kill. your the the 7th best and you stopped the kings on 3 of them so far. take the penalty and take your chances instead of giving up a great quality chance like that.

do you think there were coaches out there that would try this? of is that against the "code"?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know i really would love to know the % of coaches that would entertain the idea of taking a penalty in a spot like that. just haul down kopitar if your greene. take your chances on the penalty kill. your the the 7th best and you stopped the kings on 3 of them so far. take the penalty and take your chances instead of giving up a great quality chance like that.

do you think there were coaches out there that would try this? of is that against the "code"?

In all honesty, it's not a terrible spur of the moment idea but to regularly do it is a great way to burn your team out. But yes, if it is a guaranteed breakaway that is a guaranteed great scoring chance why not? There are no guarantees on a PP, you may not even get a shot off on a PP as we've seen in the past. So while I doubt teams plan for it, it's not the worst option in the world.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm not sure what the "code" is? Greene was penalized 2x before and I wasn't mad at that since if he didn't, theres two breakaways... so I would think the coaches would've been ok. There is such a thing as a good penalty, in all sports.

This one, Greene literally did nothing to affect Kopitar's scoring opportunity... not even getting in front, he let him had a clear shot... dumbass Greene... If Greene did anything even if it was a penalty, I would've been ok with it. Like you said, they've stopped them before and Schnieder was beasting that night...

Could've Corey made that save? sure but at that point, there should been a good 3-4 goals in anyways, and that puck squeeze under his arm... so can't fault him for me at least.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Whip & cup it's nice for a change to be on the right side of "outplayed but won"!

Jagr has sick skills for a gut who will soon be 42!