• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not a GDT: Post-game LAK/PITT

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd rather not touch any of our young D. I'd prefer to trade one of the vets and then package guys like Matteau, Tedenby etc. We already let Urbom go for nothing which is a bummer so I'd prefer to keep our young D. Especially since Larsson and Gelinas look so good together. If that doesn't work then fuck it, sit tight and wait for free agency.

Correct on that Larsson n Gelinas have been very good together...

I mentioned Larsson since I thought he could net us someone bigger(skill) than our vets... but who knows...

Should we create a name for Larsson n Gelinas or too soon?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the price would probably be high but something has to be done in Edmonton. They suck, what they have isn't working. Maybe I'm lowballing, but wouldn't a package of say Fayne or A-Train along with Teds, Matteau and a future mid tier pick make sense? They need physicality up front and a dependable defender. Teds obviously isn't on par with the type of player we're looking to get back but given an offensive minded team I think he can still be a legit player. Throw in a 3rd/4th rounder next year or say 2015 and I think that's a very fair deal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id give up a lot for Eberle.

Word is Yukapov is on the block too.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yak apparently said he wasn't happy there. I know we're probably skittish about Russians but the guy is a player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont watch a lot of Edmonton but I get the feeling he isnt being used the right way..similar to how Larsson has been used here. Hard to tell with young players

17th on the team in ice time and a -14 plus minus stands out to me though.

If Edmonton trades him they will be doing so at the worst time in regards to his value.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When your signing bryz ur in bad shape goalie wise.

If you could land yakapov then its kinda like not losing a 1st rounder since he was #1 what a year ago?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With what happened to kovy it wouldn't happen though. It would be too much of a cloud over the team. Then if he left for russia from nj wow that would look bad!

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get all the Bryz hate. He was the only Flyer actually playing like an NHLer for most of last season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm not hating on the guy but there has to be a reason why goalie desperate teams wouldn't even look at him esp considering he would be "cheap" i think in a small market non hockey town he will be fine. but put him in big light big city thats trouble. edmonton is no different

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moulson would be solid..but I wouldnt pay him as a top scorer..even though thats probably what he would be for us.

I also wouldnt give him more then a 4 year deal.

I think 4 for 24 would be more then fair for him.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm not hating on the guy but there has to be a reason why goalie desperate teams wouldn't even look at him esp considering he would be "cheap" i think in a small market non hockey town he will be fine. but put him in big light big city thats trouble. edmonton is no different

Edm obviously eyed him since he signed with them. Tim Thomas needed to go on a tryout contract before signing as well. I can't think of any other teams that were really in a market for a goalie, specifically a higher priced UFA one such as Bryz

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd rather not touch any of our young D. I'd prefer to trade one of the vets and then package guys like Matteau, Tedenby etc. We already let Urbom go for nothing which is a bummer so I'd prefer to keep our young D. Especially since Larsson and Gelinas look so good together. If that doesn't work then fuck it, sit tight and wait for free agency.

this x2

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still think this team needs to sell and get younger or obtain some picks.
Trade the older guys when the deadline approaches when teams can use a vet for the playoff run.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think this team needs to sell and get younger or obtain some picks.
Trade the older guys when the deadline approaches when teams can use a vet for the playoff run.

I think its wayyyy too early to start that kinda talk.

We play in the weakest division in the league..by far.

We've played pretty badly the first 2 months of this season and here we are 3rd place in the division..I think its pretty clear at this point were better then the Canes , Jackets and Flyers.

So 3rd place prob comes down to the 3 locals. Which makes for some real exciting hockey because none of the teams look much better then the other. Isles are a mess right now with their goalie situation and Vanek out. And the Rags , as usual , cant beat teams better then them.

I think if the deadline is here and were within 2-3 points of a playoff spot Lou isnt going to start shipping off Jagr and whoever else has value.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's be real though this team is very streaky. If they even snuck into the playoffs would they do any damage. I know any team any year can win but be honest about your answer.

I think being close to a playoff spot at the deadline increases the value for pur assests. Lou can use the standings as leverage to keeping the valued guys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can beat any East team besides Boston in a 7 game series.

Can you imagine Lou trading Jagr and some other pieces if were in a playoff spot come deadline time? I can't. It would be a huge FU to the fans and to the players/coaches etc.

I'm not saying were great..or even very good. But we're not bad like a lot of people predicted. And not bad might give us a shot this season.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this team is in the 8-11 spot come trade deadline time, do you think Lou should sell and obtain picks/prospects or buy to make the final push to make the playoffs?
I think sell.
It would be a huge risk for a team that has no 1st round pick this season.

I watched the entire game yesterday. Great to see them win in OT against a top Western team.
But I have also seen a lot of games where I feel this team is nowhere near contending for a cup this season.

I agree its early. Lets see where this team is in a few months. I might change my mind.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this team is in the 8-11 spot come trade deadline time, do you think Lou should sell and obtain picks/prospects or buy to make the final push to make the playoffs?
I think sell.
It would be a huge risk for a team that has no 1st round pick this season.

I watched the entire game yesterday. Great to see them win in OT against a top Western team.
But I have also seen a lot of games where I feel this team is nowhere near contending for a cup this season.

I agree its early. Lets see where this team is in a few months. I might change my mind.

Not a chance he sells if we're that close to the playoffs.

Don't forget that during that awful 7 loss start to the season, we gave up leads in a ton of those games. Including a few 2 goal leads.