• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not a GDT: Post-game LAK/PITT

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny couple of games. I thought we seriously outplayed LA, but obviously lost, and I thought that we had a much weaker effort than Pitt but we won. Nice to see Jagr get a pair against his old team. Gutsy effort to get a win after Pitt dominated the first.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny couple of games. I thought we seriously outplayed LA, but obviously lost, and I thought that we had a much weaker effort than Pitt but we won. Nice to see Jagr get a pair against his old team. Gutsy effort to get a win after Pitt dominated the first.

Was watching in a bar just East of Pittsburgh, wasn't making many friends tonight. Perfect trifecta for me, Penn State win, Pitt lost a soul crusher and Devils beat up Pens. jagr scoring a pair drove everyone at bar insane, love it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you asked me before last night's game if Id accept a split of these next 2 I probably would've taken it. Even though the way last night's game ended pissed me off it was a good bounceback effort tonight against the Pens.

Fleury is far from the goalie he's been in the past and is most likely the main reason why the Pens wont be winning a cup again this year.

There seems to be no such thing as momentum with the Devs though so I cant get a good or bad feeling going out for that west coast trip.

Somehow grabbing 3 points in those 3 games would satisfy me.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm liking the current top 2 lines. Let's keep them together for a while.

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Henrique-Ryder

Patty is finally back from the back spasms of doom. Hopefully that second pairing can really get it going. Adam needs to play with some good offensive guys, and it's clear that Zajac needs to stay with Jagr and Zubrus.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game you guys, knew Marty would shut us down. We deserved to lose, props to the Devils for being the better team.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubrus, Greene and Jagr have been outstanding of late. Larsson has really stepped up his game as well. The only thing I'm worried about is even though we scored 4 lastnight, with the exception of Jagr's goal late we didn't score any "real" goals. Obviously goals are goals but we still rely too heavily on weird bounces, flukey, odd goals. I'd still love to get a legit goal scorer, or to have somebody like Ryder or Henrique start ripping it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game vs Kings, loss

ok game vs Pens, win

wtf..... Idk which way I would rather have it.... probably Kings as a win...

Poor Schneider.... the guy hasn't been getting any help offensively lately...

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Nasty Mag - we need real scorer. Team had a good effort in last few games which makes me think that they are capable to succeed with addition of real scorer(s), unless someone from current roster would explode a.s.a.p. I'd expect Brunner, Adam and Patty score more.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Made my first game of the year against Pitt. Good crowd but man they pump that music up big time!

I know the team won and all but I think 2 shots in the first after getting shut out the night before at home zzzzzzzzz.

This team is decent it just needs that legit top 3 forward that can put the puck in the net. Team would probably have an extra 5-6 points. I hope Lou notices this because we aren't far from the top.

The pp was horrible! You get that 4min to start the 3rd you gotta put them away.

Good win though and a good crowd just give the fans some excitement Lou winning games 2-1 isn't going to do it

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone believes Lou will make a trade this season?

I think it's less likely than in past seasons. We don't have a 1st to trade, really can't afford to dump our 2nd, then we won't have a pick in the top ~75. We already have what seems like 8 NHL defensemen. And we have no roster spots, and apparently no one that Lou is willing to lose (Tedenby, JJ to waivers.)

Although I think we need some more offense from the 7-9 guys. Right now, Loki, Brunner, Bernier just isn't getting it done. Really miss the 20 goals Clarkson provided from that spot a couple years ago. Maybe a Poni type trade, but not a major top-3. I just don't think we have the assets to acquire that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's less likely than in past seasons. We don't have a 1st to trade, really can't afford to dump our 2nd, then we won't have a pick in the top ~75. We already have what seems like 8 NHL defensemen. And we have no roster spots, and apparently no one that Lou is willing to lose (Tedenby, JJ to waivers.)

Although I think we need some more offense from the 7-9 guys. Right now, Loki, Brunner, Bernier just isn't getting it done. Really miss the 20 goals Clarkson provided from that spot a couple years ago. Maybe a Poni type trade, but not a major top-3. I just don't think we have the assets to acquire that.

Kind of what I'm thinking as well unfortunately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lou is always looking to make the team better but the only potential big scorer that was going to be the deadline prize has been traded already..so unless we go after Moulson I dont see what player we could get that would make us that much better.

I do think we will trade away some young talent in the offseason though to bring in a scorer..I think one of Larsson , Gelinas , Merrill will be sent packing.

The loss of the draft pick will make Lou and the owners a little more aggressive.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also what's up with Ted and jj getting the scratch over cam? Against the pens! On this offensively challeneged team. Yikes!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lou is always looking to make the team better but the only potential big scorer that was going to be the deadline prize has been traded already..so unless we go after Moulson I dont see what player we could get that would make us that much better.

I do think we will trade away some young talent in the offseason though to bring in a scorer..I think one of Larsson , Gelinas , Merrill will be sent packing.

The loss of the draft pick will make Lou and the owners a little more aggressive.

Hope its not Gelinas... for me he's untouchable unless its too good to pass up

I'm good if its Larsson for a very good scorer....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its not Gelinas... for me he's untouchable unless its too good to pass up

I'm good if its Larsson for a very good scorer....

Personally, I'd rather not touch any of our young D. I'd prefer to trade one of the vets and then package guys like Matteau, Tedenby etc. We already let Urbom go for nothing which is a bummer so I'd prefer to keep our young D. Especially since Larsson and Gelinas look so good together. If that doesn't work then fuck it, sit tight and wait for free agency.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in the same boat..I like that were building around our D. But what I want and what might happen is two different things. The FA pool next offseason looks really weak with every potential UFA resigning.

Gelinas has impressed me in every way so far. Wish we got to see more out of Merrill at this point.

As long as the guy were getting back is a legit number 1 forward I would part with Larsson though.