• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non Mariners News and Stuff.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Mariners prospect that can destroy a baseball. Not sure if still true cause he has struggled in Everett but for the longest time he had the lead in HR’s and RBI’s throughout the Mariners org.
Is this a small slump or year round?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a small slump or year round?
He dominated low A where prospect folks were talking about a September call up. He got called up to Everett at the beginning of June I think. He has struggled, mostly in terms of his K rate and average but IMO that is just normal. Everything scouts say is he is a consistent 40 HR a year guy or he will flame out because for some reason “everyone” has said his body size says he will be DH only….which IMO means death of a young player.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid can field. No DH right now as long as he keeps his athleticism. I don't know why they want to force the DH tag on him either.
I just don’t get it. In basketball if a dude can dunk they don’t say don’t shoot unless you can dunk. In the NFL if a QB can throw perfect deep balls they don’t say don’t do check downs. There is some weird projection with him I don’t understand.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.217 with 2 homers in 29 games at Eve.
Which IMO isn’t terrible. Is it great, no. But if you look how great he was in Modesto, 30 games I think a slump not a projection.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t get it. In basketball if a dude can dunk they don’t say don’t shoot unless you can dunk. In the NFL if a QB can throw perfect deep balls they don’t say don’t do check downs. There is some weird projection with him I don’t understand.
Baseball is weird.

I was thinking the other day about player development in the major 3 sports why baseball is the biggest gamble with young players. It is the only sport where when drafted/signed you don't see the final competitive level for 3-5 years. Not in practice, not in games (not even in spring training, not ever until you get called up. In football it is right against the level of talent you hope to play with. Even guys on practice squad practices against the top level right away. Basketball the same. So baseball players always practice/play against their own level. They improve, next level up but against their level. Time they get to the majors it is sticker shock for some/most. Maybe that is how it has to be, but seems it would be easier to work on what you need if you actually saw what you needed to work against. It didn't hurt Winfield or Olerud. And I am talking college guys for the most part. Maybe a Griffey could have handled it, but he turned out all right so...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dominated low A where prospect folks were talking about a September call up. He got called up to Everett at the beginning of June I think. He has struggled, mostly in terms of his K rate and average but IMO that is just normal. Everything scouts say is he is a consistent 40 HR a year guy or he will flame out because for some reason “everyone” has said his body size says he will be DH only….which IMO means death of a young player.
I didn't realize he dropped so much since being promoted. I don't hold that against him. He is still yuong and change of scenery can be hard of some younger kids.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he dropped so much since being promoted. I don't hold that against him. He is still yuong and change of scenery can be hard of some younger kids.
There are several reasons someone can hit a hiccup from a call up. But we can’t pretend dude had issues last year, worked on it and dominated enough to where he forced a call up. IMO fans/prospect guys, expect the 19/20 year old call up. WTF is prospect fatigue? A dude who is top 100 but hasn’t made the big leagues in 3 years. Somehow Harry Ford was the number 1 prospect in the system but is going to fall out of the top 100 because he was on the list too long.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several reasons someone can hit a hiccup from a call up. But we can’t pretend dude had issues last year, worked on it and dominated enough to where he forced a call up. IMO fans/prospect guys, expect the 19/20 year old call up. WTF is prospect fatigue? A dude who is top 100 but hasn’t made the big leagues in 3 years. Somehow Harry Ford was the number 1 prospect in the system but is going to fall out of the top 100 because he was on the list too long.
Didn't realize that was a thing.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that was a thing.
With Ford? Yeah, all of the prospect podcasts I listened to say Ford is out of the top 100 when they redo their rankings. He’s been passed up by all of last years draft class, plus Locklear, Arroyo and Evans. Crap a few have mentioned Williamson and Morales are higher.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ford? Yeah, all of the prospect podcasts I listened to say Ford is out of the top 100 when they redo their rankings. He’s been passed up by all of last years draft class, plus Locklear, Arroyo and Evans. Crap a few have mentioned Williamson and Morales are higher.
Crazy. I do like Williamson. He was my pick during spring training. But yes I don't get Ford being removed from the list. He hasn't even gotten started.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good if leaning more on the side of bust

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. I do like Williamson. He was my pick during spring training. But yes I don't get Ford being removed from the list. He hasn't even gotten started.
There are two podcasts that I listen to when they talk about the Mariners prospect and they keep saying prospect fatigue. Which I truly don’t get. It’s not like he has been bad, and the Padres catching prospect has been atrocious

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two podcasts that I listen to when they talk about the Mariners prospect and they keep saying prospect fatigue. Which I truly don’t get. It’s not like he has been bad, and the Padres catching prospect has been atrocious
Ya I have never heard that term before. Just strange.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good if leaning more on the side of bust
I don’t think he is leaning on the bust side cause he is so young. Just if he really is a DH only then the likelihood is higher cause when he slumps then he doesn’t provide any value. And with how dumb analytics are they probably would only have him face RH pitching to start his so it makes the probability higher.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he is leaning on the bust side cause he is so young. Just if he really is a DH only then the likelihood is higher cause when he slumps then he doesn’t provide any value. And with how dumb analytics are they probably would only have him face RH pitching to start his so it makes the probability higher.
Hopefully they're hammering out his fielding. I'd be happy he becomes an average fielder with power and leaving the DH position open for other moves throughout the season.