• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non Mariners News and Stuff.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford hitting 204...
Haniger .,..............205...

They can do better I know they can .
Garver .168...
Same ..
If he could turn it around ..the mariners other .hope.for hrs...
Haniger the same..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deadline is over .so this is who .
The mariners have .
Haniger is dh .and garver ..
Is what it is...

Hit your way out of slump..
Or be a chump..on a bump ...

Oh yeah..

Yeah..
Stop feeling sorry....and hit that chit

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you will be lestining to Beverly hillbilly.s.music all day.in the batting cage..

While Logan..is lestining .country roads.....
You'll be begging him for some of his.
Music .

Where's my cigar .

Get to..it .

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would love a singles hitter as long as he is a real good singles hitter. This guy would not have been the answer. But Arraez who has been traded twice in a year would have been a big help and I don't care about his lack of defense. I watched France for three years play no defense and he couldn't hit either. Polanco has zero range and a concrete glove.
I still don’t get how Miami traded him for not nothing but it would’ve been like the 3rd or 4th best package they got at the deadline

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
156.4.mil.commited..
By mariners .
That is close enough to league ave .
To let owners off the hook for know .
But. We will see in the offseason..

Polanco..has option..
Haniger..same..
Turner. Free agent.
Yimi Garcia free agent

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dollars committed
2025..75 mil..
No.
I don't think they will.
Be selling there pitching off.
that is before . Is..arb though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would love a singles hitter as long as he is a real good singles hitter. This guy would not have been the answer. But Arraez who has been traded twice in a year would have been a big help and I don't care about his lack of defense. I watched France for three years play no defense and he couldn't hit either. Polanco has zero range and a concrete glove.
I too like singles hitters but this lineup needs serious pop to put some fear into the opposing pitchers.

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too like singles hitters but this lineup needs serious pop to put some fear into the opposing pitchers.
Agreed, but solo homers doesn't cut it either. We need guys on for those power hitters that we don't have.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is the ballpark though. In April and hopefully the playoffs, they need line drive hitters.

And IMO, a fast guy that can get on base is more fearsome than a home run hitter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but solo homers doesn't cut it either. We need guys on for those power hitters that we don't have.
We do have a couple of singles hitters, probably need another 1 or 2 than add the 2 or 3 power hitters.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is the ballpark though. In April and hopefully the playoffs, they need line drive hitters.

And IMO, a fast guy that can get on base is more fearsome than a home run hitter.
Love speed on the path.
Yes the park is not a sandlot but we saw Harper/fat Schwarber power them out. Those power hitters are what we need to go along with singes hitters and speed on the base path.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love speed on the path.
Yes the park is not a sandlot but we saw Harper/fat Schwarber power them out. Those power hitters are what we need to go along with singes hitters and speed on the base path.
For sure I get that. They do need a big power left handed bat but Jerry has tried and his power lefty batters have failed (I guess jury is out on Canzone)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure I get that. They do need a big power left handed bat but Jerry has tried and his power lefty batters have failed (I guess jury is out on Canzone)
It's maddening they can develop pitchers but can't develop hitters let alone a left handed power bat.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Montes. I think some people think Peete could bulk up, but I don’t think Young, Emerson or Farmelo have big power upside
Who is this Montes person you speak of?
I don't follow the minors very much.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laz.jpeg
Lazaro Montes
OF, Everett AquaSox,
A+ Mariners
Top 30 #4 in M's Farm

BioStatsNewsVideo
  • BATS
    L
  • DOB
    10/22/2004
  • THROWS
    R
  • HT
    6' 3"
  • WT
  • ETA
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 65 | Run: 50 | Arm: 50 | Field: 40 | Overall: 55
Heralded with as much hype as any power hitter in the 2021-22 international class, Montes joined the Mariners for $2.5 million as MLB Pipeline's No. 8 prospect among that group. He experienced some initial lumps during his first year in the Dominican Summer League, with a 33.2 percent strikeout rate and high overall whiff rates, but through a deliberate shift in approach, he managed to cut those numbers significantly upon arriving stateside. The clearest hole in his swing is firm stuff at the top of the zone.
With more focus on pitch selection and patience, knowing that he can scare pitchers out of the zone more, Montes cut down the Ks to a 25 percent clip and was an integral part of helping Low-A Modesto win the California League title, thriving in key moments during that playoff run. Nothing stood out more than his raw power, which has legitimate 80-grade potential based on multiple exit velocity readings beyond 110 mph, thanks mostly to swinging at the right pitches. The obvious comparison -- one that he's publicly made himself -- is to fellow Cuba native Yordan Alvarez. Both trained with famed hitting instructor Aldo Marrero as amateurs.
Montes' glove won't be his calling card, particularly with below-average range. He'll have to prove everybody wrong to stick in the outfield, as his body and hitting profile project designated hitter by the time he reaches the Majors. Multiple scouts have rightfully pointed out how hard it is to overstate how big he is.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Mariners prospect that can destroy a baseball. Not sure if still true cause he has struggled in Everett but for the longest time he had the lead in HR’s and RBI’s throughout the Mariners org.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 369893
Lazaro Montes
OF, Everett AquaSox,
A+ Mariners
Top 30 #4 in M's Farm

BioStatsNewsVideo
  • BATS
    L
  • DOB
    10/22/2004
  • THROWS
    R
  • HT
    6' 3"
  • WT
  • ETA
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 65 | Run: 50 | Arm: 50 | Field: 40 | Overall: 55
Heralded with as much hype as any power hitter in the 2021-22 international class, Montes joined the Mariners for $2.5 million as MLB Pipeline's No. 8 prospect among that group. He experienced some initial lumps during his first year in the Dominican Summer League, with a 33.2 percent strikeout rate and high overall whiff rates, but through a deliberate shift in approach, he managed to cut those numbers significantly upon arriving stateside. The clearest hole in his swing is firm stuff at the top of the zone.
With more focus on pitch selection and patience, knowing that he can scare pitchers out of the zone more, Montes cut down the Ks to a 25 percent clip and was an integral part of helping Low-A Modesto win the California League title, thriving in key moments during that playoff run. Nothing stood out more than his raw power, which has legitimate 80-grade potential based on multiple exit velocity readings beyond 110 mph, thanks mostly to swinging at the right pitches. The obvious comparison -- one that he's publicly made himself -- is to fellow Cuba native Yordan Alvarez. Both trained with famed hitting instructor Aldo Marrero as amateurs.
Montes' glove won't be his calling card, particularly with below-average range. He'll have to prove everybody wrong to stick in the outfield, as his body and hitting profile project designated hitter by the time he reaches the Majors. Multiple scouts have rightfully pointed out how hard it is to overstate how big he is.
I still don’t get the why they have written him in the field. He is big, ok. But I still go back to if a guy can hit a triple at any level they can play him in the field. Give him a 1B glove and try him there if he can’t stick in LF/RF. Just not a fan labeling a young guy as a DH only. To me it just puts too much pressure. If Julio was a DH only he would’ve been optioned a couple of times now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t get the why they have written him in the field. He is big, ok. But I still go back to if a guy can hit a triple at any level they can play him in the field. Give him a 1B glove and try him there if he can’t stick in LF/RF. Just not a fan labeling a young guy as a DH only. To me it just puts too much pressure. If Julio was a DH only he would’ve been optioned a couple of times now.
The kid can field. No DH right now as long as he keeps his athleticism. I don't know why they want to force the DH tag on him either.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 369893
Lazaro Montes
OF, Everett AquaSox,
A+ Mariners
Top 30 #4 in M's Farm

BioStatsNewsVideo
  • BATS
    L
  • DOB
    10/22/2004
  • THROWS
    R
  • HT
    6' 3"
  • WT
  • ETA
Maybe with more time he'll become an average fielder. Overall sounds like a solid hitter.