• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nolan Ryan

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on one of the Dallas Sports radio shows that Nolan Ryan predicted the Rangers to win in 6 games. What do you think about the Rangers CEO making series predictions? I like it.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irs Great that Nolan Ryan believes in his Team. I Love it. Ryan said 6 Games. I would like it in 4 to 5 Games. Preferably a 4 Game Rangers Sweep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Barnett was on the conversation radio today...he said Cliff Lee carried the rangers last year.. makes me wonder how much baseball he watched.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Barnett was on the conversation radio today...he said Cliff Lee carried the rangers last year.. makes me wonder how much baseball he watched.

they don't pay any attention to us so when they have to comment about us they only can come with what little they remember. So Barnett only remembers that Lee was on the team last year so therefore he must have carried us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think our play by play guy would have a better insight though.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett needs to go his own way. I thought he was worse than Rhadigan. Absolutely a dreadful play by play guy. Man is a nothing but a talking gaffe and boring to boot. How the Rangers got themselves in that kind of predicament is beyond me.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to broadcast a baseball game. Kinsler on 2nd, Andrus on 1st, Hamilton at the plate. Here is the pitch. Curve ball on the inside part of the plate. Boy, Hamilton took a big cut there and just missed that pitch. Here is the pitch. It is a line shot to the outfield. Kinsler rounding third. He scores. Elvis over to third. Josh on 1st. The great MY coming to the plate with a chance to really open things up. Tom what just happened there?

But of course, if you don't know the difference between left field and right field. You don't know the players names. You don't know the difference between a curve ball and a slider. If you pretty much don't know anything at all about the sport you are broadcasting then I guess it could be pretty tough. Especially since you have to work in commercials, on air blurbs, you have set up your color man, etc.

They had a play by play guy that got the job done. I've said it over and over. The problems I had with their broadcast had nothing to do with Lewin. It was just a bad production. They've kept the same production but replaced Lewin with incompetents. Makes no friggin' sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett needs to go his own way. I thought he was worse than Rhadigan. Absolutely a dreadful play by play guy. Man is a nothing but a talking gaffe and boring to boot. How the Rangers got themselves in that kind of predicament is beyond me.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to broadcast a baseball game. Kinsler on 2nd, Andrus on 1st, Hamilton at the plate. Here is the pitch. Curve ball on the inside part of the plate. Boy, Hamilton took a big cut there and just missed that pitch. Here is the pitch. It is a line shot to the outfield. Kinsler rounding third. He scores. Elvis over to third. Josh on 1st. The great MY coming to the plate with a chance to really open things up. Tom what just happened there?

But of course, if you don't know the difference between left field and right field. You don't know the players names. You don't know the difference between a curve ball and a slider. If you pretty much don't know anything at all about the sport you are broadcasting then I guess it could be pretty tough. Especially since you have to work in commercials, on air blurbs, you have set up your color man, etc.

They had a play by play guy that got the job done. I've said it over and over. The problems I had with their broadcast had nothing to do with Lewin. It was just a bad production. They've kept the same production but replaced Lewin with incompetents. Makes no friggin' sense to me.

Worse than Rhadigan?? The person that's worse than Rhadigan hasn't been invented yet.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Carried us in the ALDS but not in the ALCS against the Yankees.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually respect Ginger's opinions, but it seems she has fallen and hit her head or something in these playoffs, I dont see how anyone could think Barnett is worse than Rhadigan, Barnett may not be great but he's at least tolerable to most people

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ginger is right about the crappy production tho. I only enjoy Ranger games on the road, they talk about way too many gimmicks (JIM fucking KNOX) instead of focusing on the actual game itself.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think our play by play guy would have a better insight though.

Even John Rhadigan would know that Lee was here less than a full season. I'm pretty sure that Barnett was talking about the playoffs. We probably wouldn't have made the WS without Lee in the rotation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main gripe with the commentary is all the talk about the foods they are sent. Seriously Tom, STFU.

"We'd like to thank so and so from so and so church from so and so, Texas for sending in the plate of so and so" x20 TIMES A GAME

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main gripe with the commentary is all the talk about the foods they are sent. Seriously Tom, STFU.

"We'd like to thank so and so from so and so church from so and so, Texas for sending in the plate of so and so" x20 TIMES A GAME

well if you don't want to hear it turn the volume down

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you don't want to hear it turn the volume down

I don't wanna hear no commentary, I wanna hear good commentary. If they're gonna do that shit, at least keep it during garbage inning time. I've heard them bullshit their way through critical points in games numerous times. One time this year, Tom talked about food while Harrison pitched himself out of a bases loaded jam. You'd never know if you weren't looking at the screen.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna hear no commentary, I wanna hear good commentary. If they're gonna do that shit, at least keep it during garbage inning time. I've heard them bullshit their way through critical points in games numerous times. One time this year, Tom talked about food while Harrison pitched himself out of a bases loaded jam. You'd never know if you weren't looking at the screen.

like i said turn the volume down and watch. that's what i do

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually respect Ginger's opinions, but it seems she has fallen and hit her head or something in these playoffs, I dont see how anyone could think Barnett is worse than Rhadigan, Barnett may not be great but he's at least tolerable to most people

Come on now. Every time I watched the broadcast and Barnett was doing play by play he'd get the number of outs wrong, he'd say a guy was on 2nd when he was on 3rd, he'd get the players names wrong, he often didn't get the count right. I understand that you guys didn't like Rhadigan's voice but we aren't discussing what the guy sounds like which I find largely irrelevant. I don't understand why anyone thinks this guy was even remotely competent.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. Every time I watched the broadcast and Barnett was doing play by play he'd get the number of outs wrong, he'd say a guy was on 2nd when he was on 3rd, he'd get the players names wrong, he often didn't get the count right. I understand that you guys didn't like Rhadigan's voice but we aren't discussing what the guy sounds like which I find largely irrelevant. I don't understand why anyone thinks this guy was even remotely competent.

Who the hell said anything about Rhadigan's voice? He got fired because he was an incompetent dolt behind the mic not because of his voice.