• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No ring for the flopper Anderson Verajao

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda ashamed I liked him as anything other than a PG.

He sucks as a dude. I understand blackballing him from tDreamTeam.

Great player but he's a moron. I still remember his comments about Larry Bird. He said if Bird was black he'd be just another good NBAer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're ok if Jordan McRae gets a ring?

Was he on the team when they won it? Yes. James Jones rarely played either. When you are on the team during the postseason and Finals and hear the locker room speeches or in Jones' case making the locker room speeches going through the up's and down's in the postseason you should deserve a ring. When you aren't part of the team for the second half of the season and playoffs, how are you contributing to the team in any way and I don't even mean on the court, even in the locker room. Well the answer is, you aren't contributing to that team in no way. Not saying McRae absolutely deserves a ring but it makes more sense than a guy that wasn't on the team at all during the most crucial moments of the season, his fault or not.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he on the team when they won it? Yes. James Jones rarely played either. When you are on the team during the postseason and Finals and hear the locker room speeches or in Jones' case making the locker room speeches going through the up's and down's in the postseason you should deserve a ring. When you aren't part of the team for the second half of the season and playoffs, how are you contributing to the team in any way and I don't even mean on the court, even in the locker room. Well the answer is, you aren't contributing to that team in no way. Not saying McRae absolutely deserves a ring but it makes more sense than a guy that wasn't on the team at all during the most crucial moments of the season, his fault or not.

What I'm saying is Vareajo had WAAAAY more contribution towards the Cavs season and yet you want to exclude him because he wasn't on the final roster?

If you're saying that you have to be a final roster player to get a ring fine. I can see that. But if you're arguing about contribution you can't legitimately argue McRae deserves a ring over Vareajo. That would be petty.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is Vareajo had WAAAAY more contribution towards the Cavs season and yet you want to exclude him because he wasn't on the final roster?

If you're saying that you have to be a final roster player to get a ring fine. I can see that. But if you're arguing about contribution you can't legitimately argue McRae deserves a ring over Vareajo. That would be petty.

Well it has more to do with final contribution and that doesn't even mean on the court. Going through the day-to-day stuff with the team and just up's and down's of the postseason. The first half of the season means nothing and we saw how different a team can look the second half of the season, that's why I dont think just bc a guy was the team the first half of the season that contributes to a championship.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it has more to do with final contribution and that doesn't even mean on the court. Going through the day-to-day stuff with the team and just up's and down's of the postseason. The first half of the season means nothing and we saw how different a team can look the second half of the season, that's why I dont think just bc a guy was the team the first half of the season that contributes to a championship.

Varaejo's been a noted great teammate. It's why Lebron emphasized he be there upon his return and never wanted him traded when they first played together. The first half in terms of play may not mean anything but him being the trenches to start and provide cohesiveness to that locker room is under-valued here.

Also I disagree that the first half of the season means nothing. Of course the playoffs is ultimately what matters, but it definitely helped that the Cavs had home court advantage and he was part of the Cavs great start. If you look at it in terms of influence, the games Andy played in for the first half of the year at least contributed to putting the Cavs in a position to succeed. A guy who rides the bench and doesn't play any meaningful minutes hasn't contributed a thing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im kinda of the thought that if you werent on the team during the playoffs you shouldnt get a ring...

i dont think andy would even want it to be honest with you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im kinda of the thought that if you werent on the team during the playoffs you shouldnt get a ring...

i dont think andy would even want it to be honest with you.

Yeah, I have no issues if you just take the stance that if you weren't on the ending roster you don't deserve a ring. Saying Varaejo doesn't deserve one or should be punished for playing for the Warriors is petty though.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Was it simply because he joined the Warriors or was it because he simply faced the Cavs? Like if he joined the Thunder and the Thunder got to the finals and lost, would the same principle apply?

Basically the only way you guys are saying he should get a ring is to sit out the year, or play for a non-playoff team. That's ridiculous. Any team he joined would have wanted to get a championship. So it doesn't really matter how far along his team went, the principle remains. He was attempting to beat the Cavs.

No, im saying the only way for him to get a ring, is to be on the roster of the team that won the championship. I thought that was common sense.

Players get traded from championship teams every year, and I never hear this argument.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, im saying the only way for him to get a ring, is to be on the roster of the team that won the championship. I thought that was common sense.

Players get traded from championship teams every year, and I never hear this argument.

Yeah agree there 100% If you aren't on the playoff roster I didn't think you got a ring period. Especially if you weren't on the team. I mean David Blatt I don't think is getting a ring, nor should he be.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So petty ass King Flopper didn't even have Andy's back for a silly token piece of jewelry....even though it was LBJ himself who learned all the finer nuances of swaying officials calls from Andy????

What a chump and fraud of a "champ" that dude is...and always will be.

:tsk:

Fuck Cleveland....and the stench of Trump that's about to take hold & curse that mistake by the lake hamlet this coming week anyway.

:finger2:

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So petty ass King Flopper didn't even have Andy's back for a silly token piece of jewelry....even though it was LBJ himself who learned all the finer nuances of swaying officials calls from Andy????

What a chump and fraud of a "champ" that dude is...and always will be.

:tsk:

Fuck Cleveland....and the stench of Trump that's about to take hold & curse that mistake by the lake hamlet this coming week anyway.

:finger2:
thats some bad fucking luck being a Mets and Jets fan in New York....geezus.....no wonder you are so angry...lol....

the biggest stench in New York will be coming from Flushing Meadows, where the scumbag Mets - who managed to make themselves a poor big market team because they got themselves swindeled by Madoff for billions------

they go and do the despicable and sign Jose Reyes...nice message there.

Glad you guys are back to sucking this year. That crap about the Mets having the best rotation was bullshit all along. Tribe's shits on the Mets- especially that fraud Harvey. He truly is the Mets version of Jeter. lol.

are you one of those fans that starts cheering for LeBron when he is going for the triple double or the 40 pt game in MSG in the 4th quarter when the Cavs coach is trying to decide whether to pull him or leave him in- because its a blow out- and he was out all night in NYC the night before because he knew that it would be no problem to beat the shitbag Bricks hangover or not.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats some bad fucking luck being a Mets and Jets fan in New York....geezus.....no wonder you are so angry...lol....

the biggest stench in New York will be coming from Flushing Meadows, where the scumbag Mets - who managed to make themselves a poor big market team because they got themselves swindeled by Madoff for billions------

they go and do the despicable and sign Jose Reyes...nice message there.

Glad you guys are back to sucking this year. That crap about the Mets having the best rotation was bullshit all along. Tribe's shits on the Mets- especially that fraud Harvey. He truly is the Mets version of Jeter. lol.

are you one of those fans that starts cheering for LeBron when he is going for the triple double or the 40 pt game in MSG in the 4th quarter when the Cavs coach is trying to decide whether to pull him or leave him in- because its a blow out- and he was out all night in NYC the night before because he knew that it would be no problem to beat the shitbag Bricks hangover or not.

STFU... stop sleepwalking... and go back to bed, bitch hole.

Damn!!

This ain't about none of that....it's about LeBaby being a cheap petty ass SOB.

Just pull your PJ's up and go back to sleep.
There's nobody messin' with you ...but you.

:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU... stop sleepwalking... and go back to bed, bitch hole.

Damn!!

This ain't about none of that....it's about LeBaby being a cheap petty ass SOB.

Just pull your PJ's up and go back to sleep.
There's nobody messin' with you ...but you.

:pound:
ill guarantee you Andy does not even want a ring- that would be humiliating....he just lost in the championship...literally- he was in the losers locker room- and hes gonna get a ring? thats just nonsense....it would make him feel like a fraud and im sure no NBA player outside of maybe Kevin Durant would want any part of getting a ring that way. :scratch:

ya know how much the ring was appraised at that GSW gave its players after winning? $13,500. who gives a shit...Andy signed a 50 million dollar contract.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with @CitySushi here. Give Andy a ring.

Did anyone actually click the article, though?

Whether Andy gets a ring is yet to be decided.

No need to criticize the Cavs at this point they haven't even said anything about the decision.

I think they'll offer one and it will be up to Andy.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with @CitySushi here. Give Andy a ring.

Did anyone actually click the article, though?

Whether Andy gets a ring is yet to be decided.

No need to criticize the Cavs at this point they haven't even said anything about the decision.

I think they'll offer one and it will be up to Andy.

Trying to think if this ever happens to anyone else? Do Joe Harris and David Blatt also get rings?

Or Shannon Brown for the spurs when they sent him to Toronto the season they won a ring. Is he a three time champ?

Or Dexter Pittman for the 2nd heat run? Traded to make room to sign Juwan Howard. Or Eddie House being waived during the Heat's first Bron championship.

Or Anjica for the Mavs championship?

Or Mihm and Radmanovic for the Lakers?

I keep thinking of those big ones too. When Detroit moved Sura and Chucky Atkins to get Sheed, or when Otis Thorpe got sent packing for Drexler. Moves that really impacted championship teams those years, and never heard of giving the guys who were long gone for that championship a ring.

Just seems odd... And reading the article there..

It doesn't even mention if the Cavs are even considering this.

It fails to list anyone who was on a regular season roster ever getting this. There's always a handful of guys traded/cut/demoted on the regular season roster. Players waived, or sent to the D-league. Does anyone have any info if any of them ever got a ring?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For just a SECOND, when I read the thread title quickly, I thought this thread was about former LA Rams WR Flipper Anderson...........and then reality set it :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it depends on the circumstances. In Varejao's case, I think he should get one. He played his whole career with the Cavs and stuck with them when they sucked. He didn't ask to be traded. If he doesn't want a ring, that's fine. But the Cavs should at least show some class and offer.

The Lakers gave Elgin Baylor a ring even though he retired 9 games into the season when they won the '71-'72 title. Pretty sure (but not 100%) that they've given them to a couple of guys who were traded during championship seasons as well.