• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No playoff according to coaches

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for those against a playoff- i have just one word for you- 1997.

as most of you probably agree, i think the '97 huskers would have beat the '97 wolverines but the fact is- we'll never know. how about auburn a few years ago? how about boise last year? keep the lesser bowls if you must, a playoff only makes the game better!

this isn't the nfl- there is no incentive in losing the last week or 2. i.e. there is no consensus #1 number one team that would rather play in a 4/5 game or be the lesser end of a 3/6 or 2/7 game than be on the top end of a 1/8 game just so they can "rest up" for the playoffs.

PLAYOFF! PLAYOFF! PLAYOFF! PLAYOFF! PLAYOFF!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As previously stated, under the current system Nebraska would have played Michigan in 97...

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As previously stated, under the current system Nebraska would have played Michigan in 97...

thank you shady. NOT!

if there was a playoff, they may not even have faced each other and it would have been god damn exciting!

not every season has a clear cut 1 and 2 despite what the bs....ahem.... bcs spoon feeds you. try not sitting on your brain shades!

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Vinnie,

Continue to try to insult anybody that does not agree with you, or share your interests.

On a further note, call them Shady for doing so.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you can't use 97 as a fucking example. Or 94 either for that matter. I don't see anyone complaining about no match-up between Penn St/Nebraska in 94 but there should have been. The current BCS system was put into place to eliminate those issues of 94/97. Both Penn St and Michigan were locked into the Rose Bowl back then and couldn't play Nebraska for the title. Therefore we ended up with 2 undefeated teams that went into the bowls #1 and #2. The only difference was both polls voted NU in 94 and there was a split in 97.

Issues like Auburn, USC, and Boise St this past year are cause for a +1 (if neccessary).

Even with a year in year out play-off the espm and other sportswriters are going to raise controversy about someone being left out. It's what the media does. They don't report news anymore, they create it.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dear Vinnie,

Continue to try to insult anybody that does not agree with you, or share your interests.

On a further note, call them Shady for doing so.

i can't insult anyone more than they insult the fanbase and only shady gets to be called "shady".

your posts may be shadyesque, but you can't be shady. only shady is shady. she might have 15 aliases, but only she can be shady- you are just your garden variety billy c lover and merry man pedey puller!

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Once again you can't use 97 as a fucking example. Or 94 either for that matter. I don't see anyone complaining about no match-up between Penn St/Nebraska in 94 but there should have been. The current BCS system was put into place to eliminate those issues of 94/97. Both Penn St and Michigan were locked into the Rose Bowl back then and couldn't play Nebraska for the title. Therefore we ended up with 2 undefeated teams that went into the bowls #1 and #2. The only difference was both polls voted NU in 94 and there was a split in 97.

Issues like Auburn, USC, and Boise St this past year are cause for a +1 (if neccessary).

Even with a year in year out play-off the espm and other sportswriters are going to raise controversy about someone being left out. It's what the media does. They don't report news anymore, they create it.

interesting view. NOT! keep reachin shades!

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left disney to avoid people like fred...and he is the re-incarnate of the same person he mentions in every post....sadness. I was actually enjoying this board..

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, you were actually worth talking to...because you actually talked football.

omahavinnie+fredmelmackian=shady=wihusker= pain in the ass troll

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Back in the day, you were actually worth talking to...because you actually talked football.

omahavinnie+fredmelmackian=shady=wihusker= pain in the ass troll

haha. doesn't change the fact that shady is jackjohnmark is iruletheschool is red alert is carolina is several others. wihusker and yourself are twin sons of different (same?) mothers and i still talk football. WHEN THERE IS FOOTBALL TO TALK ABOUT!!!

plus it doesn't change the fact that you could ignore me, but face it- you live to see me post!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey fred, did you get a new computer lately?

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have been competitive to the state level in 5 sports and nationals in one almost two and I can truely say that MORE does not make better. The NCAA BB tournament now has 65 teams in the tourny. All that happens is you take college student athletes away from studies that they are in school for. Give everyone more chances to get hurt. And you would dilute the bowls even more than they already are.

Boise St. NEEDS to take the games with US and V Tech. As far as I know they had a game with V Tech this year and now backed out and have not yet talked to TO about his offer. And said anyone, anytime, anywhere. And all they do is want to play a poor conf schedule and a mostly even weaker OOC and want to cry they should be in the NC game.

When in fact they should be taking those games against good teams and not running from them. It shows that the AD does not have the balls to back up his word and to EARN the street cred like most of the teams that make the NC game do. Cause they sure are not hanging 70 or more pts. on a weak conf schedule to show they have any right to be there and barely beat one ranked team during the reg season at home. I personally do not think they could go through the B12 N or S schedule and stay undefeated cause I do not think they could take the beating physically week in and week out. And they would not do well against our D now that Bo is here.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least i'm not still lurking about at 3 am. does your mom ever get you out of her basement!!!

I've been working crazy hours, till 12 am tonight, at 430am the morning before, so I am on at weird times, and my mother passed away thank you.

I honestly would rather not have to ignore anyone, I'm just kinda curious why you dedicate more time being a nuisance instead of adding to the conversation like you used to.