• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No More SEC Defense Talk?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if didn't know better I would have thought Alabama- a&m game was ball st vs north texas looking at score

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who has best defense in nation?

hint....not a sec team

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At only 3 weeks into the season, who cares?! The teams with the "best defenses" right now have only played cupcakes!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just played a real offense this week.... or something like that. :becky:

you could make argument that based on yesterdays game..yeah alabamas defense was torched most of game..so was texas a&m that lack of very many "real offenses" in sec leads to the great defenses talk...bo Wallace, driskel, etc...I don't think many defenses fear their passing game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how good those 2 teams offenses must be if they can put those numbers up on 2 SEC defenses!! :becky:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you just have that team/player who plays great against you. There is no particular reason you can point to, besides the fact Alabama gets everyone's best shot for being #1. Or maybe Johnny Football who is the reigning Heisman winner and loves the big stage is on the biggest possible when playing Bama. What amazes me is the great plays made around him. Either these receivers catch everything or just against Alabama; two years in a row. Our DB's were in position many times either to not finish or to have a great catch made on them. I'm not as worried as some. This defense will be just fine. What does worry me is if we continue to play #5 Cyrus Jones a converted WR from last year. He is not ready to be a DB. Belue got hurt and was doing fine when he was in. 95 yard passes and 3 or 4 jump balls in one game add stats up quickly.

Don't forget Alabama is on the 1 yard line about to go up 49-28 with 8 minutes to go. A fumble cost Bama points then on 3rd and 9 a horrible play by the aforementioned Jones makes a bonehead play and Bama is in a game. It was just a weird game. Close to a Bama blowout. A&M never within 7 and with the ball to tie but it sure felt close. That was not typical type offensive numbers where a team went up and down the field on your defense. Texas A&M usually had to earn what they got by making great plays. Most the time!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where some fans were questioning where their secondary was. From what I've seem over the past 10 years in the SEC is..... The same place it's always been. The SEC hasn't had to concern themselves with the pass. That's evident with SEC passing stats over the same period.

SEC secondaires do suck, They just haven't recruited for the position :laugh3:

:L Are you fucking high? Alabama has had 4 1st round db picks and 1 2nd rounder in the last 4 years. and I will flat out guarantee there are at least two more who played Sat and will eventually go that high. We have more 5 star DB's on our roster than USC has 5-star players. Our only problem is we can't keep them from going pro.

Where are all these awesome PAC qb's in the NFL...Are there any outside of Luck and Rogers who are likely to keep their jobs even two years from now?

Next you'll be telling us that Washington St beat you with their smothering defense....

You'll have to excuse us when we think our team gave a sub-par defensive performance, we at least have a frame of reference for what a good one looks like.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT #2 defense in the country right now. :dance:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Are you fucking high? Alabama has had 4 1st round db picks and 1 2nd rounder in the last 4 years. and I will flat out guarantee there are at least two more who played Sat and will eventually go that high. We have more 5 star DB's on our roster than USC has 5-star players. Our only problem is we can't keep them from going pro.

Where are all these awesome PAC qb's in the NFL...Are there any outside of Luck and Rogers who are likely to keep their jobs even two years from now?

Next you'll be telling us that Washington St beat you with their smothering defense....

You'll have to excuse us when we think our team gave a sub-par defensive performance, we at least have a frame of reference for what a good one looks like.

Since when does how a player performs in the NFL, have anything to do with college? As for more 5 star db's than USC has 5 star players......unlikely!! Nice try though!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out of curiosity, have any of them done anything yet? Not being a troll, I'm just saying I haven't heard of any of those 1st rounders make much of an impact just yet....

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well idk much about Bama Nfl prospects in the NFL.. but Floridas defensive players are
Matt Elam
Joe Haden
Jon Bostic
Jeremy mincey
Josh evans
Jelani jenkins
Brandon spikes
Justin Trattou
Ray McDonald
Ahmad Black

Most either are starters or have played in both games so far this season