• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this past year Prudential was the 3rd busiest arena in the U.S. behind MSG and Staples Center, at least according to a video they play thanking fans.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open House May 21st at Jobing.com arena:

The team is opening the doors at Jobing.com Arena for fans that are interested in owning a seat for the whole 2012-13 Season. Learn about exclusive season ticket holder benefits like a team autograph session, den discounts, and all-inclusive food and drink packages!

The Coyotes are amidst their third consecutive playoff berth and a historic Stanley Cup Playoff run. You can join the Pack now at just $10 per game. That's 43 games of the Valley's most exciting team.

http://view.coyotesmarketing.com/?j...d7973&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe2a177773630c7d741071&r=0

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tweet from Brahm Resnik (has been following the Coyotes saga forever):

#Glendale council expected to review a draft lease & non-relo agreement w Jamison in closed session today. Formal vote day after Mem Day?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is running short and I haven't heard of an alternate schedule in case the Coyotes relocate, I think it's pretty much a done deal that the Yotes are going to spend at least one more season in the desert.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Time is running short and I haven't heard of an alternate schedule in case the Coyotes relocate, I think it's pretty much a done deal that the Yotes are going to spend at least one more season in the desert.

did you really expect to?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you really expect to?

That's a good point puck - It could have been a way to put some pressure on proceedings and try to get a deal finalized, but then I have to remind myself that this is Bettman's pet project.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
“Although the Council approved an arena management fee in the budget Tuesday, nothing requires the Council to spend all or any part of it. The city could sign an arena management contract for less than that amount or for no amount at all if the city decides to manage the arena itself or put it out for competitive bidding. That said, we do believe this arena management fee is legally questionable if it is far greater than the value of the services to be provided. Additionally, Glendale taxpayers may choose to pursue future action to contest the fee by referendum. The Goldwater Institute cannot authoritatively comment on the legality of the deal until we and Glendale taxpayers can see the details. However, we are encouraged by reports that this deal will not include a massive up-front payment to help the buyer purchase the team, and we hope that the city will reach a deal that comports with the law and protects the interests of Glendale taxpayers.”

— Darcy Olsen, President, Goldwater Institute

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in H-E-double hockey sticks this gets resolved in time to relocate the Coyotes to another city and draw up a schedule. The Coyotes will be in Glendale for at least one more season (which is not all bad, I missed out on a trip to see a Coyotes game last year, but hopefully I'll get a chance to see a game next season).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
No chance in H-E-double hockey sticks this gets resolved in time to relocate the Coyotes to another city and draw up a schedule. The Coyotes will be in Glendale for at least one more season (which is not all bad, I missed out on a trip to see a Coyotes game last year, but hopefully I'll get a chance to see a game next season).

I wouldn't expect them to move this summer.

neither Quebec nor Seattle are ready for a smooth transition.
sounds like both are no more than a couple of years away though.
The new owner would have to have a 'market out' clause, right?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect them to move this summer.

neither Quebec nor Seattle are ready for a smooth transition.
sounds like both are no more than a couple of years away though.
The new owner would have to have a 'market out' clause, right?

He/She/They would be foolish not to include one...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We get emails, we get tweets from Canadians -- sometimes posed as Arizona residents -- saying ‘it’s a bad deal and the city of Glendale shouldn’t be investing in a hockey team,’

oh man... he must know about the internets and the tubes

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man... he must know about the internets and the tubes

if they checked ip adresses, theyd probably find out that blue and white forever kid is behind that

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, those damn Canadian hockey fans who contribute millions of dollars in revenue sharing so that Bettman and his massive ego can keep a floundering team in Glendale are the ones to blame, Joyce. Give your head a shake.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, those damn Canadian hockey fans who contribute millions of dollars in revenue sharing so that Bettman and his massive ego can keep a floundering team in Glendale are the ones to blame, Joyce. Give your head a shake.

not to mention those poachers that fly down from western canada when their team rolls in to play a game and fills that glendale ghost-town