• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No AFC Chamionship Tickets for Patriots Fans

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos are not going to give tickets to the New England Patriots to sell to Patriot Fans. The reasoning is that they want to "reward" their loyal season ticket holders.

Sounds more like they don't want anyone cheering for anyone but the Broncos and hope that the stadium will be quiet when the Broncos offense is on the field and screaming when the Patriots offense is out there.

They're following the exact logic that Seattle is using to prevent 49er fans from upsetting the "12th Man".

The only people that they're hurting are the local businesses who'd be hauling in truck loads of cash from out of state fans who'd be staying at hotels, eating three meals a day at local restaurants and buying tons of little stuff at the convenience stores.

They best hope that 49ers and Patriots don't blow out the home teams early..........the home teams will lose huge revenues from having to throw away concessions that can't be sold to empty seats.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid thing to whine about. It's their stadium, they should sell tickets to whomever they want. It's not like either the Broncos or Seahawks are going to have a hard time selling out the stadium.

If the Patriots or 49ers are upset about it, next time earn home field advantage and then they can sell their tickets to whomever they so desire.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos are not going to give tickets to the New England Patriots to sell to Patriot Fans. The reasoning is that they want to "reward" their loyal season ticket holders.

Sounds more like they don't want anyone cheering for anyone but the Broncos and hope that the stadium will be quiet when the Broncos offense is on the field and screaming when the Patriots offense is out there.

They're following the exact logic that Seattle is using to prevent 49er fans from upsetting the "12th Man".

The only people that they're hurting are the local businesses who'd be hauling in truck loads of cash from out of state fans who'd be staying at hotels, eating three meals a day at local restaurants and buying tons of little stuff at the convenience stores.

They best hope that 49ers and Patriots don't blow out the home teams early..........the home teams will lose huge revenues from having to throw away concessions that can't be sold to empty seats.

You do realize they are selling to quite a few states beyond just Colorado right? Also not sure the Broncos are going to have any problems with hotels or anything of that nature. They have plenty of out of town people that come to the games every week. There is a reason that tickets even sold to only so many states sells out in less than 30 minutes. The Broncos have a very good fan base and have had no trouble selling out the stadium for years.

Mostly this is done so that fans are the ones who are buying the tickets. They have had issues all over the country with big events where companies or even individuals flood the ticket sales buying up all the tickets before fans can even think about getting ahold of them. Then taking those tickets and marking them up 3-5 times what they paid for them. This is a way the Broncos are trying to make it affordable for actual fans to be able to pay for tickets and get to the game. Seattle is doing the same thing. Plus it is home field advantage and the team has the right to try and get as many Bronco fans in the seats as possible. This is kind of why teams were fighting up to the last week of the season trying to get the #1 seed.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid thing to whine about. It's their stadium, they should sell tickets to whomever they want. It's not like either the Broncos or Seahawks are going to have a hard time selling out the stadium.

If the Patriots or 49ers are upset about it, next time earn home field advantage and then they can sell their tickets to whomever they so desire.

Agreed, I can't believe this is an issue. HFA was earned. why in the world would the home teams want to sell to the away teams? Tix are available on the third party sites, if niner and ne fans want to come they can pay 250% like the rest of us.

This isn't college football, where the road team has their own section in the corner of the nosebleeds.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Pats had a chance to secure home field advantage throughout and did not do it. Now we have to go to their house and they earned the right to do with their tickets what they want.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said when someone else posted the thread about the Seahawks doing the same thing:

Tough. The team earned home field advantage and has the right to do whatever the hell they want, within the rules, to keep opposing fans out of the stadium. Pretty sure the city of Denver will be ok if they don't have a few hundred Patriots fans in the hotels and restaurants.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they sell one beer or park one car in the parking lot they'll already have more revenue this week than 30 other teams. What a lame argument.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sell one beer or park one car in the parking lot they'll already have more revenue this week than 30 other teams. What a lame argument.

Good point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is the AFC Championship. I have a hard time seeing either team blow out the other in either game. Usually these teams have gotten to this point because well they are playing the best football in the NFL. This isn't a top tier team verse a bottom feeder. Plus most fans even if it is a blow out are going to stay with how much they pay for these tickets. Plus I would think the beer sales would go up if the game goes bad with fans drowning their sorrows. Bars always say they actually hope the home team loses as their sales go up big time when that happens.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-issue. It's gonna be loud and unfriendly as expected.

...and yeah cdumler, the only thing that will shock me about this game is if either fan base is high-fiving over a victory with 5 minutes left!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares who wants to look at Elways face when they zoom in on it. I didnt watch MR Ed as a kid for a reason. A horse is a horse of course. Only thing worse is seeing Jehry Jones picking his nose on that huge jumbotron. Dont get me wrong I like Elway and everything he accomplished for Denver. Favre could have been the same if he retired in GB. Been a local hero till he died

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Never been to mile high do they sell Bud-light in the stadium?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans couldn't even fill their own stadium up so why should Denver worry about them there? :noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans couldn't show even fill their own stadium up so why should Denver worry about them there? :noidea:

Yeah we cant fill em like Padres or Titans. Maybe if Kraft had some balls and gave the bird more would show

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Never been to mile high do they sell Bud-light in the stadium?

They have a couple of vendors who sell Bud-Light. If you are a Patriots fan going to the game though I would recommend sticking with Coors. Don't want to give the fans any more reason to hate you.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a couple of vendors who sell Bud-Light. If you are a Patriots fan going to the game though I would recommend sticking with Coors. Don't want to give the fans any more reason to hate you.

First I think Coors is a much better beer. I dont think the fans would hate me, just like I wouldnt hate them if it was at Gillette. That what sports is, competition. Wanna see the look on their face , if they are talking smack and then their team loses. Only 2 team bases I couldnt stand was going to a Jets game, very crude esp against woman and:yahoo: the old Raider fans

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I think Coors is a much better beer. I dont think the fans would hate me, just like I wouldnt hate them if it was at Gillette. That what sports is, competition. Wanna see the look on their face , if they are talking smack and then their team loses. Only 2 team bases I couldnt stand was going to a Jets game, very crude esp against woman and:yahoo: the old Raider fans

Oh I don't think you have much to worry about with Bronco fans. For the most part they are usually pretty civil. As long as you don't go crazy and bring it on yourself then you would be fine. I agree about the Raiders stadium. It is probably the one stadium I would never set foot in.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think you have much to worry about with Bronco fans. For the most part they are usually pretty civil. As long as you don't go crazy and bring it on yourself then you would be fine. I agree about the Raiders stadium. It is probably the one stadium I would never set foot in.

I never get billerent at a game. Prob would pass out after rinking too many $12 beers. I remember going to my sons pop warner games and such parents were assholes and swore and wanted to swing. Not so much in HS level

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a weak argument coming from a bitter NE fan. If the tables were turned, he would have no problem with it.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous logic in the OP. Not being able to buy a 200 dollar ticket and instead have to spend 400 dollars on it is going to stop a NE fan? Lets see here. Round trip tickets from Boston to Denver on short notice: 500 bucks maybe? Hotel for two nights in Denver, the weekend of the AFCCG: 400 bucks maybe?

So $1,300 is cost prohibitive when there would be a mass migration if only it were $1,100? FAIL

The reason why venues are doing this has nothing to do with trying to give their fans home field advantage. Its to limit people out of the region trying to soak up all these tickets with the lone goal of flipping them in 3 days for a 200%+ mark up. That is horseshit and only hurts fans that actually care about the game. With this beautiful new strategy, now people in the region that have no interest in the game buy up all the tickets to resell them