• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No AFC Chamionship Tickets for Patriots Fans

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So $1,300 is cost prohibitive when there would be a mass migration if only it were $1,100? FAIL

Wolverine now that is some funny shit. But I would spend $1300 on the girl in your AV

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of a team doing it before so it sounds bad but Broncos and Seahawks won home field, they have the right to sell who they want to. I have no problem with it. I also like Coors better than Bud, no contest really......not that I wouldn't drink Bud!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of a team doing it before so it sounds bad but Broncos and Seahawks won home field, they have the right to sell who they want to. I have no problem with it. I also like Coors better than Bud, no contest really......not that I wouldn't drink Bud!

This is where ticket sales have changed so much though over the years. Now a days with tickets pretty much exclusively sold online (Season Ticket Holders do get first dibs) there are people who will flood the ticket agency with ticket requests pretty much making getting a ticket impossible until they then turn it around and sell it at a huge mark up. A great example is for the Divisional Game the Broncos tickets sold out in under 10 minutes with most of those going to these kind of people who then turned around to make a huge profit. Not illegal but not the most ethical either. I'm guessing over the next few years you will see this kind of thing more and more often with teams trying to get tickets into the hands of the fans at a decent price.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, next time I hope they choose to instead only sell to people at the box office. Fans would have to wait in line to buy tickets and be limited to maybe 4.

I'm sure people wouldn't mind that, but it'd be even more restrictive than limiting out of state sales.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the link you posted doesn't work. I agree to a point on the box office thing as that would completely eliminate the ability for scalpers to get ahold of tickets. The only problem there is then out of town people coming into Denver would have to hope to get tickets. Seems like a pretty big gamble to either fly in or drive in then rent a hotel hoping you get a ticket.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos are not going to give tickets to the New England Patriots to sell to Patriot Fans. The reasoning is that they want to "reward" their loyal season ticket holders.

Sounds more like they don't want anyone cheering for anyone but the Broncos and hope that the stadium will be quiet when the Broncos offense is on the field and screaming when the Patriots offense is out there.

They're following the exact logic that Seattle is using to prevent 49er fans from upsetting the "12th Man".

The only people that they're hurting are the local businesses who'd be hauling in truck loads of cash from out of state fans who'd be staying at hotels, eating three meals a day at local restaurants and buying tons of little stuff at the convenience stores.

They best hope that 49ers and Patriots don't blow out the home teams early..........the home teams will lose huge revenues from having to throw away concessions that can't be sold to empty seats.

LOL, you have never been to Denver.

Local economy is not hurting at all this time of year. They are selling tickets in the Rocky Mountain Region. there will be plenty of Broncos fans from New Mexico to Montana filling up what little space is left in the area hotels during a very busy tourist season.

The only reason to limit ticket sales is to ensure less scalpers get them and more Broncos fans have a shot at retail prices. Patriots fans can still get tickets, they just have to pay reseller prices.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the link you posted doesn't work. I agree to a point on the box office thing as that would completely eliminate the ability for scalpers to get ahold of tickets. The only problem there is then out of town people coming into Denver would have to hope to get tickets. Seems like a pretty big gamble to either fly in or drive in then rent a hotel hoping you get a ticket.

HeraldNet.com : So about this Seahawks ticket 'controversy' ...

Try that one.
Basically no one buys their tickets at box office value. If a fan is going to fly in, they will buy their ticket through Stub hub or NFL Ticket Exchange.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they limit the states, just use a prepaid Visa card and give it a billing address in one of those states. Assuming you can get the tickets in time anyways.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it matters anyway ... Pats fans don't travel well anymore. They get enough playoff games at home. They dont need to travel to watch one

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it makes no difference at all to me. I would never pay money to attend a game I can watch for next to nothing in the comfort of my home.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HeraldNet.com : So about this Seahawks ticket 'controversy' ...

Try that one.
Basically no one buys their tickets at box office value. If a fan is going to fly in, they will buy their ticket through Stub hub or NFL Ticket Exchange.

Not entirely true. With the Bronco tickets there were fans waiting for the official Denver Broncos website to open up the tickets right at 10 a.m. this past week so they could buy them off the website. Like I said by limiting the states to a select few they are at least trying to eliminate the tickets from making it to stub hub and such so they can't get marked up. This really isn't the Broncos trying to keep tickets out of the Patriots hands (although that is a bonus) as Pats fans will be able to get them on Stub Hub and my guess is probably close to a thousand make it on to Stub Hub or wherever else so if a Pats fan really wants to come they can just going to have to pay for it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it makes no difference at all to me. I would never pay money to attend a game I can watch for next to nothing in the comfort of my home.

...however, mojo, after attending a number of games at Gillette, I can assure you that While watching at home, I have a better feel for what it's like inside the stadium than you.

I know you're down South but if you ever get up this way in the fall, you really should go at least once. I think you'd be surprised by how well you see everything. You see routes get run, blocks made and all sorts of stuff you don't see on TV and with the jumbotrons, you see every replay clearly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...however, mojo, after attending a number of games at Gillette, I can assure you that While watching at home, I have a better feel for what it's like inside the stadium than you.

I know you're down South but if you ever get up this way in the fall, you really should go at least once. I think you'd be surprised by how well you see everything. You see routes get run, blocks made and all sorts of stuff you don't see on TV and with the jumbotrons, you see every replay clearly.

Isn't that what the All-22 subscription is for though? I do agree with you though that going to a game is something everybody should do at least once even if it isn't to see your favorite team. I have a friend that has season tickets to the Chiefs every year and takes me to a couple of them and it is a blast even if they are the Broncos rival. There just really is very few places in this world that 70,000 people can be united cheering for the same thing.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe still would not be worth it to me. I don't care for crowds or people all that much so for me to have to endure three hours of drunk homers in a cramped and crowded environment I would rather have root canal.