• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No 1st Rounders NFL Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me, UK, then you... I'm pretty pissed how good UK did picking his line later than me and he took 2 guys from me... Larry Allen is the best lineman in the draft...

And why are we saying larry allen is the best lineman in the draft??? Is that because We have actually seen him play?? I mean it is very hard to weigh these positions that don't really accrue stats...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guards are good but not as strong as some of the others but I think with Art Shell and Jackie Slater I have the best LT/RT in the draft.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe UK is OTC and has been texted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am up looking for a LB

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jeffro151 is OTC

Thanks UK for posting for me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why are we saying larry allen is the best lineman in the draft??? Is that because We have actually seen him play?? I mean it is very hard to weigh these positions that don't really accrue stats...
#1 because he is. #2, it's not just because we've seen him, but because guys who have seen them all, like John Madden say as much. Now, if you want to argue Anthony Munoz, it could be valid, but he ain't in this draft. Some other guy named Reggie White also said he was the best

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I want to update full draft thread but my laptop is fucking up. Have to use my phone just to post this message. I'll try later to get everything caught up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 because he is. #2, it's not just because we've seen him, but because guys who have seen them all, like John Madden say as much. Now, if you want to argue Anthony Munoz, it could be valid, but he ain't in this draft. Some other guy named Reggie White also said he was the best

I am not arguing one way or another, I just think when there is no stats that accrue, it is even more subjective than when there are stats... We debate who the best QB is all the time... I bet I could go to 10 different reliable sources and get 10 different answers...

using Football-references it says that Otto is better than Allen(AV, weighted AV, elo, # of times all pro)... Again not saying this is correct... but I do find it interesting that you said that there is a definitive 1...

Just looked up from share ranks- it has Otto at 12 larry allen at 9, but some other who were available in this draft as higher than both...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing one way or another, I just think when there is no stats that accrue, it is even more subjective than when there are stats... We debate who the best QB is all the time... I bet I could go to 10 different reliable sources and get 10 different answers...

using Football-references it says that Otto is better than Allen(AV, weighted AV, elo, # of times all pro)... Again not saying this is correct... but I do find it interesting that you said that there is a definitive 1...

Just looked up from share ranks- it has Otto at 12 larry allen at 9, but some other who were available in this draft as higher than both...
You say there are no stats, but I think there is plenty of evidence. LA played the majority of his career at guard, but when the team needed him to play LT, he played it at a Pro Bowl level, and stoned a guy like Reggie White, widely considered the best DL ever. No offense to Otto, but I don't think he would wanna see Reggie lined up head up

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally done updating Full Draft Thread

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say there are no stats, but I think there is plenty of evidence. LA played the majority of his career at guard, but when the team needed him to play LT, he played it at a Pro Bowl level, and stoned a guy like Reggie White, widely considered the best DL ever. No offense to Otto, but I don't think he would wanna see Reggie lined up head up

Again, I am not arguing whether he is THE best or not... and not saying Otto is better than Allen... All I am saying is that THE best is very subjective... Football reference says it is otto, shareranks says it is forrest Gregg, bleacher reports says its Mike Webster... I just found it interesting how definitive you are in saying Allen is the best... If you said ONE of the best then I wouldn't argue... And I guess I am guilty here too, because this all started when I said I probably have the 2 best offensive line players... I should have said two OF the best...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I am not arguing whether he is THE best or not... and not saying Otto is better than Allen... All I am saying is that THE best is very subjective... Football reference says it is otto, shareranks says it is forrest Gregg, bleacher reports says its Mike Webster... I just found it interesting how definitive you are in saying Allen is the best... If you said ONE of the best then I wouldn't argue... And I guess I am guilty here too, because this all started when I said I probably have the 2 best offensive line players... I should have said two OF the best...
Two OF would have gotten no debate

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You both are two "OF" the biggest idiots on here :pound: Just kidding that award goes to Wlk and myself. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz, when my turn comes around, give me Dan Fouts. Everyone else has a QB

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I evaluate is strength and agility... All olinemen are going to be strong, most big, the ones who can move are the special ones... Allen might be the strongest man ever in the nfl and the fact he can play LT at an probowl level given his size is extremely impressive... Tackles have to be agile because of speed rushers, but can't over commit because of the inside counter move which Reggie had (that 1 arm hump put many tackles on the ground)... That is also why I stay away from the older Oline guys, they size and strength is so much different... I still acknowledge their accomplishments they played the guys in front of them... But Larry Allen would rip the arms off some of the guys who played DT at 245 and such... Which is why I'm rethinking my HOF Curley Culp pick... He's 265 I think, and he dominated but he was facing like 235 guards...:noidea: