• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No.1 concern heading in to next year.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melton Ratliff Paea. I don't see dt as a huge need. Tucker needs to go. I get he was not running his own system but he could not game plan at all, plain and simple. Emory or Trestman ? Who brought Tucker aboard?

I don't think Melton will be a Bear next year. Lovie in Tampa and Marinelli is the Dline coach in Dallas, I think they take a chance on Melton, Emery didn't exactly give Henry big props today, called him basically lazy.

My concern is for Emery to pick Defensive players like he has Offensive Players in the draft, as in very well. Same for Free Agency. While yes, a pass rush would be key, we need help about everywhere on D, D line, safety, CB ( I will be surprised if we re sign Tillman, see henry melton above ), LB (only cause some haven't been re signed yet).

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he did not have freedom here or in Jacksonville last year? Both were the worst defenses in the league.

No bud he didnt. he was instructed to run lovies D for which i have hated from the day he brought it to chicago. Dont get me wrong i loved the takeaways but the cover 2 should be put in a box and blown up. And mel in jacksonville had Zip to work with there as well. Bend and dont break defenses are flat out stupid and only work if you have 2 DE that can get after the qb no matter who they line up against. plus you need safeties that are defacto CB's that can close on a deeper ball and pick it off and when you think about it th bears have had neither since the day lovie got here till now

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Melton will be a Bear next year. Lovie in Tampa and Marinelli is the Dline coach in Dallas, I think they take a chance on Melton, Emery didn't exactly give Henry big props today, called him basically lazy.

My concern is for Emery to pick Defensive players like he has Offensive Players in the draft, as in very well. Same for Free Agency. While yes, a pass rush would be key, we need help about everywhere on D, D line, safety, CB ( I will be surprised if we re sign Tillman, see henry melton above ), LB (only cause some haven't been re signed yet).

i think tillman gets resigned to a team friendly deal as there is nothing about peanut the bears dont like. And there is no where else he really wants to be

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best way to fix this def is to get it healthy and add a pass rusher. Sacks hit hurrys hide the safety's and LBs. I hope Melton comes back. You don't find difference makers at DT everyday. I can't see us getting better on def by letting the talent we do have walk. Emory wants to win now. I'll bet Peppers will be gone but everyone else back.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the defense (now that Jay has signed), nothing is guaranteed except that Jennings was signed today.

C

cubzzzfanincali

DT, DT, and then DT again. Yeah I hope Melton is OK but ACLs are an injury some don't come back from. And oh by the way we desperately need a pass rusher. Peppers is defintely in decline and aside from him no one stands out. After that something has to be done with LB. Then we need some help all over the secondary...wouldn't kill us to have at least one more safety and one more cornerback.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT for sure, but i don't know if we should chance it in the draft or get a FA, i hope we get a big NT, but a quick DT like Tommie Harris would be good too who could track down RBs. But i think if we had a run stuffer it would let our LBs make more plays. We really need a LB too. I hope James Anderson comes back. Hopefully we can dig up a true MLB . They say Bostic will probably be an OLB next season. Im not sure about Greene he might surprise next season. and rumors that McClellin might be an OLB next year as well.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the defense (now that Jay has signed), nothing is guaranteed except that Jennings was signed today.

It sure sounded like one thing changed, that McClellan is gonna be considered a linebacker from now on and it sure sounded like he and Bostic will be competing for the WIL position barring that change to a 3-4. I will be genuinely excited if they go with some hybrid package on defense and with basically no defensive linemen on the roster if the do in fact release Peppers, Wooten a free agent, all DT's free agents as well with the bears trying to get cheap deals for the injured guys, this whole scheme is up for grabs.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Mel Tucker
#2 D-line
#3 I will be disappointed if Conte is starting @ Safety
#4 CB