• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nnamdi will be visiting 49ers today

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocca reported just now, if we can land him and Delmas I will be pretty damn happy at our 3 defensive signings

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I saw it on twitter. Mike Garafolo thinks it would be a good signing and it would be the best place for NA because of our scheme.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they said he needs to go where they play press man coverage, thats where he is best at, some defense scheme where he can get his hands on other Wr's...But I love the Delmas kid, started 50 games for the Lions and he's only 25 years old.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is a deal I see getting done today because it's a classic Baalke move.

Get guys that have underperformed on the cheap and get them to outplay their contract.

Also seems like Baalke is intent on adding a big CB so this will fill that desire and will come cheaper and with less years than Sean Smith.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea they said he needs to go where they play press man coverage, thats where he is best at, some defense scheme where he can get his hands on other Wr's...But I love the Delmas kid, started 50 games for the Lions and he's only 25 years old.

didn't know Delmas is only 25, nice!!!!!! he comes to play on every down.... sign him...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't know Delmas is only 25, nice!!!!!! he comes to play on every down.... sign him...

Injury is still a concern with him...wouldn't hate it but not exactly sold on him, yet. Would love to get him for SS, get a stop-gap FS and draft the future starter(s).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ASO in ASAP...

forget Delmas... fuck that lol... I want nothing from the Lions secondary.... HELLLLLLL NOOOO

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Delmas is actually pretty good when healthy. The when healthy part needs to be emphasized. But yea would want him at SS bring in Aso and move cully to FS or draft one. Release Whitner.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers do sign him, hopefully coming back to the bay turns him into that guy who was pretty awesome on the Raiders.

That'll be pretty awkward if they sign Woodson too. Since Asomugha was the guy who made Chucky Cheater expendable in Oakland.... awwwwwkward.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why call him "Chucky Cheater?"

Because he is on the field. His idea of defense is just pass interference and illegal contact. Stupid ass Aikman would laugh and joke about it that Woodson often "got away with one" because the refs didn't want to flag him... that is how obvious his cheating was... that the TV guy had to try and explain to the audience why he gets to cheat and everyone else has to follow the rules.

I think one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in recent years was that Wildcard game against the Cardinals in 2009. Chucky Cheater kept trying to jump in front of Fitzgerald and just plant his feet like a statue to prevent Larry from finishing his routes... but Fitz just kept powering through the cheating and had a huge game and 2 TDs when Woodson fell down after trying to cheat. My favorite part was Chucky Cheater complaining to the refs that it was unfair that after Woodson illegally initiated contact Fitz just tossed him aside like a bitch and had an easy reception.

I hope to hell the 49ers don't sign Woodson because without being in GB he is going to get flagged 2-3 times a game for PI, holding, or Illegal contact until he realizes he no longer gets NFL sanctioned cheating and tries to play fair... and then he is just going to give up TD after TD since his slow ass can't cover anyone.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why Aso looked so bad these past 2 seasons:

Eagles learned painful le$$on with Nnamdi Asomugha - Philly.com

The lockout erased the 2011 offseason. As such, within a few weeks of condensed training camp, Asomugha was asked to learn a new defense, one that incorporated a component (zone coverage) with which he was unfamiliar. The past two seasons, he and the other corners were supported by a corps of safeties and linebackers who, really, were the worst components on the team.

How shaky was the rest of the defense? Well, Asomugha had six or more tackles four times in 32 games the past two seasons. He had six or more tackles on none of his other 122 NFL games. At 6-3 and a questionable 215 pounds, Asomugha played the second half of 2012 absolutely battered.

Finally, Asomugha was coached by converted offensive-line coach Juan Castillo, a first-time NFL coordinator. Castillo was fired six games into 2012.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chucky Cheater kept trying to jump in front of Fitzgerald and just plant his feet like a statue to prevent Larry from finishing his routes... but Fitz just kept powering through the cheating and had a huge game and 2 TDs when Woodson fell down after trying to cheat. My favorite part was Chucky Cheater complaining to the refs that it was unfair that after Woodson illegally initiated contact Fitz just tossed him aside like a bitch and had an easy reception.

He should go to the NBA, with just a little help from them, he could make a good living flopping. Their new rule against flopping doesn't work when you can act. It's when those who can't act, try and aren't bailed out by stardom/refs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So if the Niners sign Nnamdi, do they cut Rogers? Or will Rogers be one of the highest-paid nickel CBs in the NFL?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Niners sign Nnamdi, do they cut Rogers? Or will Rogers be one of the highest-paid nickel CBs in the NFL?

Donno but we play a shit load of nickle so its isn't like he'd be getting paid to sit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if they cut Rogers, then they cut Rogers, but it would be dissapointing after giving him a good contract just the previous season.

we need to draft the next NB, the guy who can stick to the small, quick, slot guys. being more a cover guy vice all around, a mid round pick should do?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MaioccoCSN: Free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha is scheduled to visit the Saints tomorrow, according to a source.