• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NMSU @AZ

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Rudy Gay is rumored to start at the 4. That guys a chucker and will hog the ball. I wish D Will came to Phoenix.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. Not surprising though, considering that you've always been a Derrick Williams fan.

It's good to see him and Isaiah Thomas playing together after so many hard-fought battles in the Pac12. They were the two best players in the conference and now they have developed instant chemistry. Since Sac traded their starting PG, hopefully Thomas can get a shot at the starting PG for an extended look. He is short, but has a lot of heart and can ball, no doubt.

With Rudy Gay being acquired, that takes starters minutes from Derrick at the 3, but they are looking to trade Thompson, so the Kings might go with a Cousins, Williams, Gay, McLemore, IT starting lineup... which will still lose a lot of games, but will be damn exciting to watch while they are doing it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. Not surprising though, considering that you've always been a Derrick Williams fan.

It's good to see him and Isaiah Thomas playing together after so many hard-fought battles in the Pac12. They were the two best players in the conference and now they have developed instant chemistry. Since Sac traded their starting PG, hopefully Thomas can get a shot at the starting PG for an extended look. He is short, but has a lot of heart and can ball, no doubt.

With Rudy Gay being acquired, that takes starters minutes from Derrick at the 3, but they are looking to trade Thompson, so the Kings might go with a Cousins, Williams, Gay, McLemore, IT starting lineup... which will still lose a lot of games, but will be damn exciting to watch while they are doing it.

Yea but alot of chuckers in the Kings lineup. Rudy is a poor mans Melo/Durant and all he does is chuck.

Suns lineup Dwill fits perfectly.
1.Bledsoe
2.Dragic
3.Tucker
4.Williams
5.Plumlee
I would of rather seen this less ball hogs. I dont like him on a team with Demarcus Cousins that guy is a cancer. Oh well as long as Rudy doesnt chuck and just posts up, Dwill will do fine. And yea Harden is my favorite player but D Will is a nice guy hated him at Uofa like him alot in the NBA though, he can always put on a show the lost weight he looks faster and quicker!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaih is sick to bad he cant defend but great a great future sixth man. D Will can use this to get a restricted free agent contract unless he can opt out this year?

Probly can opt out this year to restricted free agency or wait till 2014/2015 to become unrestricted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid points... however, Rudy Gay was a chucker on bad teams where he was the #1 option on offense, and he reigned in his shot attempts when he was on more talented squads. He will not be asked to chuck up 20 attempts a game with the Kings. Regardless of his style of play, he is not in the Kings long term plans. The guy has one year left on a max deal, so after next year I doubt the Kings resign him.

As far as Cousins goes, I have never been a fan of his attitude, but there is no denying that he is a legit NBA all-star caliber center. He is the best offensive center in the game atm and since they acquired Derrick to take some of the offensive burden (less double teams) he is shooting 58% and averaging 26/10 in less than 30 min of court time.

IMO, you cannot judge an NBA player's style until they are in their 4th or 5th seasons. This is because most are entering as 19-21 year olds... The entire starting lineup of the Kings (other than Gay) is in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd season. They can grow as a group.

I am looking at this objectively, not as a fan of the Kings, or the Suns. I'm just talking about the present facts, not the what-ifs. Both would be good spots for Derrick to grow with a young team where he is given space to play through mistakes.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually say DeRozan was better than Gay, but Dwayne Casey gave Gay the green light and he just bricked away, but I cant believe D Will was worried about job security the T Wolves fed his brain with years of riding the bench along with giving him no confidence and asking him to change his weight every off season I knew he was going to be good and the Wolves give him up for nothing really? This is why there the Twolves and Love will look to opt out shortly or request a trade just like Garnett and other superstars.......... Twolves run a lower class organization with no direction. Dumbasses meanwhile D Will is flashing top of the line potential.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the weight thing was the most puzzling to me. First off-season they wanted him to put on 20 lbs... second off-season they wanted him to slim down and play SF... then after he had lost the weight, they signed Chase Budinger, and Andre Kirilenko to play the 3 and KLove goes down for the year so they needed Derrick to play PF. It's because Adelman wants to put every player in a Box and have defined roles. Derrick Williams will never be a SF and he will never be a PF, he is simply a good basketball player.

Derrick Williams still is just a mass of untapped potential. He needs to play, in order to become a consistent contributor. When it's all said and done, and they write the biography of D-Will, his handling in Minnesota will be highly criticized. Lay-people say "he didn't contribute enough to get a lot of minutes". Real students of the game know that he was never given a chance to succeed from the start.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is neither a sf or a pf, hes a basketball player, Macleod who developed the Suns run n gun style. The Suns system that he developed years ago was made where tweeners could play the system as long as you were athletic and fast, players like D Will can out run other SFs and PFs (Quentin Richardson) as long as you rebound well as a team . D Will is a perfect fit at one of the forward spots in the Suns system man fuck me and Sting really wanted him.

This was simply a case where the Twolves let a young player rot for a couple years and the twolves Adelman saying shit like "I play the players that can win me games nothing againts Derrick" finally hes free but I guess Adelman wanted an 8th seed in the west? I mean you have a potential star on the bench how about you develop him? Adelman should be fired this season the Wolves should be ashamed of there selves clueless organization "in win now mode". I have always hated the T Wolves management and I hate them even more now!

Glad D Will is free and thats all. Adelman and Dantoni are losers they dont like rookies yet there the future of the NBA? Coaches like Adelman and Dantoni ruin your future and in 5-10 years twolves fans will turn againts Adelman.

Hope D Will does well for the Kings his real nba career starts now.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, KU is getting DUMPED on! 21-0 run by Florida right now. KU is just too young right now. They are looking scared as fuck. That loss to CU really shook them up. Now they are on the ropes in Florida.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, KU is getting DUMPED on! 21-0 run by Florida right now. KU is just too young right now. They are looking scared as fuck. That loss to CU really shook them up. Now they are on the ropes in Florida.

Mr Wiggins is DeRozan in college not a superstar!

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO BIOSE STATE! WHOOP THAT ASS!

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question of the day

It's time for the Tuesday question of the day! A Sportshooplah tradition for the past 20 seconds-Circa 1302
Who is this funny quote from? "Arizona is number one and they deserve it but Syracuse is the best team it the country."
Is it
A. Danny Divito
B. Jahii
C. Eddie Murphy
Or
F. Dick Vitale aka dick

Hint. F stand for fail.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga bout to win. West to the fullest!