• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will win the division.

Before the Dodgers current win streak and picking up Nolasco I would have out my money on Arizona. Not anymore.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Knobler is reporting that the Padres are now sellers. As much as I hate the sudden losing, at least it came at the right time to clarify our position. I'm already excited about next season.

Futures Game Notes: Padres ready to sell, might listen on Headley - CBSSports.com

I'm on ESPN record as giving the Padres an 80-82 mark before the season began That team has alot of people who can hurt you. What puzzles me about them is their SP.. that has been that teams strong suit for a long time, but suddenly it's lousy this year.. I didn't see that coming, especially playing in Petc 0

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on ESPN record as giving the Padres an 80-82 mark before the season began That team has alot of people who can hurt you. What puzzles me about them is their SP.. that has been that teams strong suit for a long time, but suddenly it's lousy this year.. I didn't see that coming, especially playing in Petc 0

PetCo 2013 <> PetCo 2012

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest disappointments have been Clayton Richard, our Opening Day pitcher being a massive liability and Carlos Quentin and Chase Headley solidly underwhelming. The consolation is that they're all solid guys who no doubt feel worse about it than anyone, and will tell you so.

Like I said, at least the losing comes in time to factor it into our trade deadline decisions. I can just see us having made a couple of moves, then lost 12-of-14 at the end and handcuffed ourselves for next year.

We had a nice run there for awhile and will no doubt have another couple during the season but now it's time to get back to reality, try to beat up on the division and try again next year.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest disappointments have been Clayton Richard, our Opening Day pitcher being a massive liability and Carlos Quentin and Chase Headley solidly underwhelming. The consolation is that they're all solid guys who no doubt feel worse about it than anyone, and will tell you so.

Like I said, at least the losing comes in time to factor it into our trade deadline decisions. I can just see us having made a couple of moves, then lost 12-of-14 at the end and handcuffed ourselves for next year.

We had a nice run there for awhile and will no doubt have another couple during the season but now it's time to get back to reality, try to beat up on the division and try again next year.

Richard isn't much, and nobody thought he was. You have other good starters there to take care of his disappointment, I mean, look at Marquis for example. Everyone is afraid of that guy suddenly, so why can other Padre pitchers follow after him??

Also, where I agree is about Quentin..that dude was a bruiser in Chicago, so one would think he could do better than he has there.

HOWEVER.. With or without Quentin, your lineup is dangerous and can score alot of runs. My question is, what happened to your rotation??

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard isn't much, and nobody thought he was. You have other good starters there to take care of his disappointment, I mean, look at Marquis for example. Everyone is afraid of that guy suddenly, so why can other Padre pitchers follow after him??

Also, where I agree is about Quentin..that dude was a bruiser in Chicago, so one would think he could do better than he has there.

HOWEVER.. With or without Quentin, your lineup is dangerous and can score alot of runs. My question is, what happened to your rotation??

Clayton was the clear favorite to be our horse. Jason Marquis is a David Wells type at this point in his career; he's super-loose, doesn't really care too much and is just going out and doing his thing and it's been working.

Another major problem has been our 'pen. We have the worst closer in the game and Gregerson has been hanging the slider belt-high. Hell, I could hit his slider some nights and that's no hardly an exaggeration.

Our RS/RA ratio was excellent for awhile and since then we're scoring runs at all the worse times. It all adds up to losing baseball.

If nothing else, I think everyone (upstairs, fans, players) has total respect for Bud Black now. And I still say that Darren Balsley is the best pitching coach in the business.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought the fences in during the off-season.

Not saying that is the end-all, be-all, but it is a factor.

I wonder if anyone has studied the effects it's had.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Center on the Padres as the deadline approaches.

Byrnes said that when the Padres were two games above .500 at 38-36 on June 21, he was “kicking the tires on some possible” deals to improve the Padres. Since then, the Padres have gone 4-18. They would have to climb over four teams to get to the top of the N.L. West and are 11 games behind in the Wild Card race. Sell.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton was the clear favorite to be our horse. Jason Marquis is a David Wells type at this point in his career; he's super-loose, doesn't really care too much and is just going out and doing his thing and it's been working.

Another major problem has been our 'pen. We have the worst closer in the game and Gregerson has been hanging the slider belt-high. Hell, I could hit his slider some nights and that's no hardly an exaggeration.

Our RS/RA ratio was excellent for awhile and since then we're scoring runs at all the worse times. It all adds up to losing baseball.

If nothing else, I think everyone (upstairs, fans, players) has total respect for Bud Black now. And I still say that Darren Balsley is the best pitching coach in the business.

You nor anybody in the land of Canaan scares me one ounce.. Let's get that outta the way right now!!!

That said, I have no fear whatsoever of reporting on a team, and I'm NOT afraid of who liked it or who doesn 0 FEAR.

However, I generally do my best in honor of myself and othrrs to post what I feel is true.

Padres-- good lineup with people who can hurt you BAD

Bullpen.. Very nice, will usually hold the lead.

Rotation?? In trouble, better get it fixed-- the end

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nor anybody in the land of Canaan scares me one ounce.. Let's get that outta the way right now!!!

That said, I have no fear whatsoever of reporting on a team, and I'm NOT afraid of who liked it or who doesn 0 FEAR.

However, I generally do my best in honor of myself and othrrs to post what I feel is true.

Padres-- good lineup with people who can hurt you BAD

Bullpen.. Very nice, will usually hold the lead.

Rotation?? In trouble, better get it fixed-- the end

You don't know very much about the San Diego Padres. Maybe it's the Tuscon Padres you're talking about? :scratch:

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know very much about the San Diego Padres. Maybe it's the Tuscon Padres you're talking about? :scratch:

No, I know exactly who i speak of young msn, and you don't scare me any more than they did, now listen up!!

SD offense.. speed at the top, power in the middle, stability on the bottom.. mn, hmn.. very nice, yes.

Bp We love your closing and 8th inning situations.. Yup.. Very good.

Rotation Marquis, yes.. Then, um... WHAT???

YouLl hafta do better than that to win the NL West, so...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't give a damn about debatinv you. You don't scare me. You nor anybody else for that matter. You see, I am a man of principlr, so I never wish to break rules. That why if one of you nods wanna try me on for size, you better be fighting by the ruled, or ILl strangle you with em!!!

I am a good sport and a sweetheart of a poster, bht I swear to God Ill fight back if I have to!!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you're not scared of anyone. We're just trying to help you. Please put on this white jacket and get into the back of the station wagon peacefully. We won't hurt you. We're just trying to help.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone got an early start on the Thursday happy-hour...