• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, let's don't put Flaherty in the hall of fame just yet.
He certainly didn't have his stuff yesterday. 75 pitches in less than 3 innings. Time to regroup and hope Wacha can get it going today.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly didn't have his stuff yesterday. 75 pitches in less than 3 innings. Time to regroup and hope Wacha can get it going today.
Yep, that happens with 23 year old pitchers...but the talent is there...

As a famous person once sang:

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The facts of life, the facts of life.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates starting pitching is ranked in the top 5. Now if we could only field better. Did get a putout 7-2 yesterday.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles, my friend, that was indeed disappointing to say the least. Wacha has not looked sharp lately either but let's hope he will be sharp today. At least we will have a lot of home cooking against the Brewers as the season progresses since we have already been to Milwaukee twice in the early going.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles, my friend, that was indeed disappointing to say the least. Wacha has not looked sharp lately either but let's hope he will be sharp today. At least we will have a lot of home cooking against the Brewers as the season progresses since we have already been to Milwaukee twice in the early going.
Wacha had an OK first inning.
Another HR by Ozuna.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is how to pitch to Yelich. A few up and in to get him guessing. The second AB was the best approach I have seen STL pitchers use toward Yelich. Ozuna with homer #8, DeJong with four hits. A good day for the Cardinals.

Now let see what they do vs Milwaukee next week.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching staff's probably not going to keep this up for the Pirates, but I think they'll be among the NL's best all year barring injury.

If you told me before they year they'd start 9-6, but 5 of those losses were due to the bullpen blowing late leads I probably wouldn't have believed you.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody does more with less than Clint Hurdle.
Interesting how this is the first time he's really doing that with hitters. JB Shuck with an OPS above .700 seems like a god damn miracle and Melky Cabrera has been a hitting machine.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha had an OK first inning.
Another HR by Ozuna.

We've actually got a few hitters in our lineup who are starting to hit more than they weigh which is encouraging. Wacha gave us some good innings today.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is how to pitch to Yelich. A few up and in to get him guessing. The second AB was the best approach I have seen STL pitchers use toward Yelich. Ozuna with homer #8, DeJong with four hits. A good day for the Cardinals.

Now let see what they do vs Milwaukee next week.

I agree! Yes, some payback is due when the Brewers come calling in St. Louis.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 major league seasons, Joey Votto has caught his fair share of pop ups as the Cincinnati Reds first baseman. Amazingly though, through the first 6,828 plate appearances of his MLB career, he had never once hit a pop up that was caught by his counterpart.

That all changed Wednesday afternoon during the Reds 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Pedro Báez got Votto to pop up to first baseman Cody Bellinger in foul territory. When Bellinger squeezed the ball for the final out in the eighth inning, one of MLB’s longest and most remarkable streaks was officially over.

It took Votto 1,592 games, 6,829 plate appearances and 27,918 pitches to be retired on what is a common play in MLB.

The amazing thing about Votto is that he never hits pop ups, at all.

Dating back to his MVP season in 2010, he’s only hit eight infield pop ups.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I meant after that series next week. 3 series against the same team this early into a season seems a bit odd.

I agree! I don't know who in the MLB office sets up this crazy scheduling but we should have some revenge energy in place when the Brewers arrive in St. Louis. Wacha is now 6-0 lifetime against the Brewers.

Most so called baseball experts stated before the beginning of the season that the biggest glaring weakness for the Cardinals would be middle innings relief pitching. So far they have been wrong as Gant, Brebbia, and Leone have combined for a 1.05 ERA in 34 1/3 innings walking 17 and striking out 33. I'm certainly not a baseball expert but I thought middle relief would be one of our glaring weaknesses too but so far so good in this area. Keep it up redbirds!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 major league seasons, Joey Votto has caught his fair share of pop ups as the Cincinnati Reds first baseman. Amazingly though, through the first 6,828 plate appearances of his MLB career, he had never once hit a pop up that was caught by his counterpart.

That all changed Wednesday afternoon during the Reds 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Pedro Báez got Votto to pop up to first baseman Cody Bellinger in foul territory. When Bellinger squeezed the ball for the final out in the eighth inning, one of MLB’s longest and most remarkable streaks was officially over.

It took Votto 1,592 games, 6,829 plate appearances and 27,918 pitches to be retired on what is a common play in MLB.

The amazing thing about Votto is that he never hits pop ups, at all.

Dating back to his MVP season in 2010, he’s only hit eight infield pop ups.

Thanks for sharing that amazing streak. I'll have to admit that I didn't have a clue about that one.