• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are exactly a .500 team at home since the start of 2016 by my count. There is a reason why no one likes Matheny.
I don't really put much blame on Matheny. The Cardinals didn't really address the holes they had. I like their style of building from within, but sometimes you need to supplement more. I think most fans picked the Cardinals to finish a few games over .500 and that looks like where they will end up.
That being said, barring injuries, they can overachieve for sure. If they can stay in the top 10 of batting and pitching like they are currently, they will challenge for the division.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, I hear you loud and clear because I have experienced the pain of all of my teams sucking at one time or another over the years and some of my teams still suck.

What do you think is the biggest problem with the Reds organization? Is it ownership, management, their minor league system, or all of the above?
Maybe all of the above. Currently, there are just too many things wrong on the field. Bad defense, no hitting, inexperienced pitching. Some of that can be fixed with time. They will replace the dugout staff but that is a Band-Aid. They were supposed to be turning the corner this year. Maybe they will.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope nobody on this board has any reason to whine about their team.
Reds fans get to endure this for a whole season. Being out of the race in mid-April is what every fan deserves.

As any baseball fan knows,us Cub fans have endured plenty of losing.....Get back to me when you reach over a 100 yrs.......Hell get back to me in 50....Well hell,I'l
Be dead by then,so try 20.....I should still be here.......lol

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As any baseball fan knows,us Cub fans have endured plenty of losing.....Get back to me when you reach over a 100 yrs.......Hell get back to me in 50....Well hell,I'l
Be dead by then,so try 20.....I should still be here.......lol
It's been 27 years since 1990

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really put much blame on Matheny. The Cardinals didn't really address the holes they had. I like their style of building from within, but sometimes you need to supplement more. I think most fans picked the Cardinals to finish a few games over .500 and that looks like where they will end up.
That being said, barring injuries, they can overachieve for sure. If they can stay in the top 10 of batting and pitching like they are currently, they will challenge for the division.

Myles, I was looking forward to the first game of the series tonight between the Cardinals and the Cubs but the weatherman saw things differently. You made some good points with your post above but I've got to tell you the thing that concerns me most of all about the Cardinals is their pitching from top to bottom and especially their middle inning relief pitching. Already this season the redbirds have given up leads in the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings resulting in loses. Losing one run games hurts and the Cardinals have already experienced that three times against the Brewers and it's only mid-April.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all of the above. Currently, there are just too many things wrong on the field. Bad defense, no hitting, inexperienced pitching. Some of that can be fixed with time. They will replace the dugout staff but that is a Band-Aid. They were supposed to be turning the corner this year. Maybe they will.

John, I'll be the Reds biggest fan all season long when they play the Cubs, Brewers, and Pirates. You might even be able to hear me cheering for them all the way from North Carolina.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but how they doin without Rizz?

Not as good as they'd like but they did start the season on a 9 game road trip only to come home to "perfect baseball weather" Cubs will be ok when it's all said and done

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, I'll be the Reds biggest fan all season long when they play the Cubs, Brewers, and Pirates. You might even be able to hear me cheering for them all the way from North Carolina.
Probably won't be that hard to hear you based on their average attendance.
Though they did look pretty good tonight on a number of levels.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles, I was looking forward to the first game of the series tonight between the Cardinals and the Cubs but the weatherman saw things differently. You made some good points with your post above but I've got to tell you the thing that concerns me most of all about the Cardinals is their pitching from top to bottom and especially their middle inning relief pitching. Already this season the redbirds have given up leads in the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings resulting in loses. Losing one run games hurts and the Cardinals have already experienced that three times against the Brewers and it's only mid-April.
I was also looking forward to the Cards/Cubs last night. It was going to be on ESPN. I'm in northern Indiana so I don't get many Cards games televised.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't be that hard to hear you based on their average attendance.
Though they did look pretty good tonight on a number of levels.

John, FUNNY! Did you hear me cheering loudly for the Reds last night as they put a whipping on those Brewers? Thank you very much for orchestrating that win!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also looking forward to the Cards/Cubs last night. It was going to be on ESPN. I'm in northern Indiana so I don't get many Cards games televised.

Myles, Living in North Carolina I don't get many Cards games televised either.

BUT, you can listen to all of the Cards games FREE and LIVE on the internet at freebaseballradio.com

Check it out and if you have any problems listening to the games just let me know and I will direct you to the exact radio stations that carry all of the Cards games on the internet. No sign up and no nothing is required.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a cord cutter so I don't get to catch as many games as I'd like but I still catch games on the radio on a regular basis. If I go out to eat, there is always a Cardinals game on. If I get my haircut, there is always a game on. I catch maybe 2-5 games at Busch every year, too, but I definitely don't watch as many games as I used to. The internet has made me lazy with easy access to highlights from games and the responsibilities of adulting get in the way a lot.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, FUNNY! Did you hear me cheering loudly for the Reds last night as they put a whipping on those Brewers? Thank you very much for orchestrating that win!
My slider was working pretty well until the 7th.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a cord cutter so I don't get to catch as many games as I'd like but I still catch games on the radio on a regular basis. If I go out to eat, there is always a Cardinals game on. If I get my haircut, there is always a game on. I catch maybe 2-5 games at Busch every year, too, but I definitely don't watch as many games as I used to. The internet has made me lazy with easy access to highlights from games and the responsibilities of adulting get in the way a lot.

Clayton, I think the internet has made many of us lazy. I know that I would get a lot more things done that need to be done if I would stay off the internet.

As long as you are a fan of the red birds on the gold bats you can't be a bad guy no matter how many games you catch on the radio, tv, or in person. Enjoy the games you attend at Busch this year!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current weather report from Wrigley please?

My Cardinals are HOT after sweeping the mighty Reds and they don't need to be idle for too long or they might lose this powerful momentum!

I hope John isn't reading this since he has become one of my new buddies.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Cardinals are HOT after sweeping the mighty Reds and they don't need to be idle for too long or they might lose this powerful momentum!

From what I read, and I am in central Illinois, it will be around 37 degrees at 7:00 tonight. There is rain forecasted from Wednesday morning through Wednesday night. This might be the only game to be played this series.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read it. It's colder than a dog's nose but it isn't raining.
Wed and Thurs will suck.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, and I am in central Illinois, it will be around 37 degrees at 7:00 tonight. There is rain forecasted from Wednesday morning through Wednesday night. This might be the only game to be played this series.

Thanks for the weather report! Well, if we can only play one game in this series, let's get ready to rumble tonight! Do you hear me Mr. Wainwright and a few bats to go with him?