• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can accept that with the exception of my little 5 acre place.

Enjoy!

Now back to the NL Central. What do you expect from the brew crew during this 60 game season? Are all of their big names planning to play at this point?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy!

Now back to the NL Central. What do you expect from the brew crew during this 60 game season? Are all of their big names planning to play at this point?

So far, so good. Out lineup seems to be awesome, but pitching, it always comes down to pitching. A 60 game season is like only counting April and May games. I can see Braun DHing most of the games and so we have his bat in the lineup every day. My main concern is 2021. Don't wreck going forward to try to build a squad for an asterisk season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good. Out lineup seems to be awesome, but pitching, it always comes down to pitching. A 60 game season is like only counting April and May games. I can see Braun DHing most of the games and so we have his bat in the lineup every day. My main concern is 2021. Don't wreck going forward to try to build a squad for an asterisk season.

I've never liked the DH because it takes so much strategy out of the game so this is going to take some getting use to as a NL fan.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked the DH because it takes so much strategy out of the game so this is going to take some getting use to as a NL fan.

I understand. The Brewers roster wasn't built for DH but they made a couple moves to address the problem. I hop they don't backfire going forward.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that excited about a 60 game schedule. They should just cancel the season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. The Brewers roster wasn't built for DH but they made a couple moves to address the problem. I hop they don't backfire going forward.

Opening day in MLB has always been something I get excited about but since opening day will be July 24th this season I'm really struggling to find that excitement. Well, at least I've got 17 more days to try to catch the baseball fever but it sure is hiding somewhere.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day in MLB has always been something I get excited about but since opening day will be July 24th this season I'm really struggling to find that excitement. Well, at least I've got 17 more days to try to catch the baseball fever but it sure is hiding somewhere.

I have to time to go look at the fantasy teams I drafted back in March. I may get amped a bit more then.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to time to go look at the fantasy teams I drafted back in March. I may get amped a bit more then.

I hope the players you drafted in March on your fantasy teams have not opted out.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, NL Central fans, what do you expect from your team as this joke of a season is about to begin in MLB?

Personally, even though I think my Cardinals will be in the hunt, I'm not even close to being excited about opening day like I usually am on opening day with a complete MLB season.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, NL Central fans, what do you expect from your team as this joke of a season is about to begin in MLB?

Personally, even though I think my Cardinals will be in the hunt, I'm not even close to being excited about opening day like I usually am on opening day with a complete MLB season.

This is the year it all comes together. The Brewers knock the socks off everybody and win the Word Series.

It will be the Brewers or Championship for another 50 years and it will have a bid, damn asterisk next to it.

But seriously, looking over the box scores with my morning coffee is a pleasure I'm looking forward to.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year it all comes together. The Brewers knock the socks off everybody and win the Word Series.

It will be the Brewers or Championship for another 50 years and it will have a bid, damn asterisk next to it.

But seriously, looking over the box scores with my morning coffee is a pleasure I'm looking forward to.

Did you ever find your list of the fantasy players you drafted back in the spring? If so, it should make this asterisk season a little bit more exciting to you.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever find your list of the fantasy players you drafted back in the spring? If so, it should make this asterisk season a little bit more exciting to you.

Yeah. Thanks for reminding me. I have to set my lineups today.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on your STL assessment. Need to come out of the gate fast. I do like that Edman will play alot of 3b.

I am gonna keep my eye on Cincy. They look like they wil be good. Pretty good staff and they have some good hitters. They picked up Castellanos. He could rake in that stadium.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on your STL assessment. Need to come out of the gate fast. I do like that Edman will play alot of 3b.

I am gonna keep my eye on Cincy. They look like they wil be good. Pretty good staff and they have some good hitters. They picked up Castellanos. He could rake in that stadium.

Good to see you here again my friend! I hope Edman plays more than a lot of 3rd base because I think Carpenter's tank is just about empty. I agree with you on Cincy and they just might end up being the most improved team in all of baseball. Their improvement caught my eye last season and they look even better now. I still don't understand the gift the Cubs were given with their NL Central schedule but it is what it is. Maybe home field advantage won't be that big of a deal this season with no fans in the stadiums but we'll see. Yes, getting out of the gate fast is very important for us but I'm sure that fans of all teams are saying the same thing.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you here again my friend! I hope Edman plays more than a lot of 3rd base because I think Carpenter's tank is just about empty. I agree with you on Cincy and they just might end up being the most improved team in all of baseball. Their improvement caught my eye last season and they look even better now. I still don't understand the gift the Cubs were given with their NL Central schedule but it is what it is. Maybe home field advantage won't be that big of a deal this season with no fans in the stadiums but we'll see. Yes, getting out of the gate fast is very important for us but I'm sure that fans of all teams are saying the same thing.

After I posted my bitch about 7 games at Wriglry, I noticed Pittsburg comes to STL 7 times.