• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they did a good job?

Their total goal is 3.5million fans. Sure they got to the NLCS but ,imo that was with smoke and mirrors. MCarp is not a winning defensive 3b'er, DeJong is not a consistant MLB hitter, Fowler is a joke of an outfielder. Bader should have been dumped mid-season. Not calling up younger players who deserved a shot. Randy Arozarena, Lane Thomas were called up, but never given a chance. You might say that is on Shildt, but if anyone thinks that Shildt isn't a Mo puppet is delusional. Why is Carp at third instead of Edmond....why is Fowler in Center field...money plays

Maybe too many Crown Royals, done ranting

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers declined the option on Eric Thames

That is a head scratcher

If memory serves, Thames used to hit the shit out of the ball vs STL. Not sure of the money issues, but he can hit, and played a decent 1b.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their total goal is 3.5million fans. Sure they got to the NLCS but ,imo that was with smoke and mirrors. MCarp is not a winning defensive 3b'er, DeJong is not a consistant MLB hitter, Fowler is a joke of an outfielder. Bader should have been dumped mid-season. Not calling up younger players who deserved a shot. Randy Arozarena, Lane Thomas were called up, but never given a chance. You might say that is on Shildt, but if anyone thinks that Shildt isn't a Mo puppet is delusional. Why is Carp at third instead of Edmond....why is Fowler in Center field...money plays

Maybe too many Crown Royals, done ranting

Hey Buddy, Put the top back on your Crown Royal bottle and be happy with the great season we had since we exceeded what was expected of us. Spring training will determine if our young talent is MLB material that is worthy or not. We made great strides this past season after being absent from the playoffs for several years and I believe we are going to get even better next season.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, Thames used to hit the shit out of the ball vs STL. Not sure of the money issues, but he can hit, and played a decent 1b.

His hitting is a bit of a myth fueled by one month 3 years ago. I like Thames as a personality but there are better ways to spend $7.5 million.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thames is fine as long as he isn't facing lefties. but even then, we're talking about an .834 OPS against righties. good, but not spectacular

and $7.5M for that kind of player is market value in today's game

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Buddy, Put the top back on your Crown Royal bottle and be happy with the great season we had since we exceeded what was expected of us. Spring training will determine if our young talent is MLB material that is worthy or not. We made great strides this past season after being absent from the playoffs for several years and I believe we are going to get even better next season.

So, you are behind having 3 more years of Mo making player decisions for this team? That 3.5 million is tickets sold. No way in hell that many people pased through the turnstiles in STL.

I don't wear Cardinal colored glasses.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are behind having 3 more years of Mo making player decisions for this team? That 3.5 million is tickets sold. No way in hell that many people pased through the turnstiles in STL.

I have been a big critic of Mo for a long time but since I don't own the Cardinals I can't tell the man who owns them how to spend his money. On the other hand I am a huge Schildt fan and I love what he has done for us in just 1 1/2 seasons and I truly believe the Cardinals are in an uptrend going forward. In Mo's defense, he didn't make any major trades before the trade deadline because he believed that we could win the NL Central with the roster we had, and so did Yadi, and they were right. I agree with you about downtrends with Fowler, Bader, Carpenter, and DeJong, even though I think DeJong will come back strong in 2020, and even though I have never paid much attention to spring training I will be in 2020 because it will answer a lot of questions about what we have with our younger talent.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn close

upload_2019-11-7_12-26-8.png

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thames is fine as long as he isn't facing lefties. but even then, we're talking about an .834 OPS against righties. good, but not spectacular

and $7.5M for that kind of player is market value in today's game

I think they resign him for less money. He's a part-time player. You don't pay reserves that kind of money.

As bad as Hiura's fielding is, I could see him as the everyday 1B in the future. Get a glove at 2nd base.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Brewers were able to hold onto Moustakas and Grandal

sigh

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Brewers were able to hold onto Moustakas and Grandal

sigh

Last year of Braun's contract. Then we have to sign Yelich or let him go in 2022. Cain's money is steep but his fielding pays for it. I think the Brewers find a way to sign Moustaskas but are out on Grandal. I see them putting that money to work on the pitching side. Wheeler? Odorizzi?

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of Braun's contract. Then we have to sign Yelich or let him go in 2022. Cain's money is steep but his fielding pays for it. I think the Brewers find a way to sign Moustaskas but are out on Grandal. I see them putting that money to work on the pitching side. Wheeler? Odorizzi?

Either Wheeler or Odorizzi would be an upgrade to the rotation, and would much rather pursue Moose over Grandal. One thing though, Attanasio has a track record of pulling the trigger on some surprising big money contracts so we shall see.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally the Pirates are showing signs that they are finally hearing their fans.
the hire of Ben Cherington might just save this franchise.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherington did a really good job building up the farm system for the Red Sox, though it felt like he was hesitant to move any of those prospects for established MLB players. I don't think Cherington deserves blame for FA signings like Sandoval, Castillo and Hanley, those felt like they had more to do with Lucchino than Cherington. I think it's a good hire.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Brewers logo - just in time for their 50th anniversary

milwaukee-brewers-new-logo-2020.png

Finally

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Wheeler or Odorizzi would be an upgrade to the rotation, and would much rather pursue Moose over Grandal. One thing though, Attanasio has a track record of pulling the trigger on some surprising big money contracts so we shall see.

Saw Grandal signed with the White Sox.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be tough to replace.

I agree but you've still got a lot of valuable weapons on your roster and the winter meetings haven't even kicked into high gear yet.