• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nkemdiche and Dabo

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because god knows they should be grateful for getting that ACC offer.

well, I would like to say "the man has principles," but if he offers this other kid, well .........., then I say FUCK IT!!! It's football not Sunday school!!! :lol:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bet the kid still gets an offer ... They're just going back door meetings .. And I don't have a real issue with Dabo ... Just stating the fact that he's a hypocrite and number 1 is just backtracking now...but he still made his point

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on the Clemson board, figured I would link it here:

I don't know. The kid that Nkemdiche talked about isn't exactly a slouch, probably on par with Greenlee (the kid who's dad works in the strength and conditioning office) athletically though. All the fuss about what Nkemdiche said was really blown out of proportion though. The writer was obviously bored and probably miffed that the kid had snubbed Jawja (one of the AJC writers "broke" the story) and with it being the middle of the summer and nothing noteworthy going on, it went viral. We lost several from last years class, so we will likely take 21-22 this cycle. In the end, it's not going to matter one bit.

Here is a link to the original article from the AJC: | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Which apparently has been removed, thus eliminating the need for any worry. Nkemdiche was later quoted as saying on Twitter: "I Never said any of those things but I guess the AJC will do anything for a story and to keep his job !" and "I ain't talking to anymore reporter ever so just don't call my phone !"

Here is a link to the aftermath: Robert Nkemdiche Shooting Down Clemson Scholarships Controversy - SBNation.com

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:ss:

ballboy?? edisto?? what say you?? :D

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you're aware his brother currently attends Ole Miss, correct? Or would I be assuming too much? :evil: :boink:

Sounds like he is still leveraging trying to get Dabo to offer his (other) boy. This little trip to Oxford may just get Dabo squirming a bit and may force his hand to do just that. Sounds like there are no worries yet.. but I can't imagine Dabo is terribly excited to see RN sporting the Rebels jersey..

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is still leveraging trying to get Dabo to offer his (other) boy. This little trip to Oxford may just get Dabo squirming a bit and may force his hand to do just that. Sounds like there are no worries yet.. but I can't imagine Dabo is terribly excited to see RN sporting the Rebels jersey..

I'm sure dragging the kid's name and reputation through the mud on SportsHoopla will make you techies feel better, right? Did either of you actually read what I had posted? Or are you just following along with the rest of the :lm: that wants to see Nkemdiche get thrown under a bus for excelling at playing a sport and some erroneous, butt hurt "reporting" done by the AJC?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Visiting your brother is one thing ... sporting a Rebels jersey?? C'mon man .. you don't see anything wrong with that? And who took that picture and put it on twitter? Probably his mama with his knowledge. The least he could've done out of respect for his commitment is not to air that picture out publicly. VTSparks may be right -- maybe he is sending a little message...which is fine. He's the #1 -- he can probably make shit happen for his buddies. Believe what you want but I doubt that their reporting was THAT erroneous. I guarantee the Ole Miss coaches were on him and he didn't turn a deaf ear on them.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the reporting wasn't erroneous, then why was the original article taken off the AJC website? These posts further reinforce the fact that neither of you bothered to read either of the links provided. The kid is 17 for crying out loud; it amazes to no end how much people think they "know" and understand the motives of a complete stranger when it comes to CFB recruiting...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lighten up man .. Maybe the AJC blew things a little out of proportion but I'm sure that there was some truth to the article. They just had no proof to substantiate what was said. I never said that I knew what he was thinking or that it was that big of a deal or that he will end up at Ole Miss .. just speculating on some things -- that he's working things for his buddy ... if his buddy gets an offer from Clemson, come back on here and admit that it worked

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure dragging the kid's name and reputation through the mud on SportsHoopla will make you techies feel better, right? Did either of you actually read what I had posted? Or are you just following along with the rest of the :lm: that wants to see Nkemdiche get thrown under a bus for excelling at playing a sport and some erroneous, butt hurt "reporting" done by the AJC?

^^Agree with this. I'm not dragging his name through the mud..Just saying it seems he may be working the system when it comes to getting his boy a scholly and breaking out all the stops (despite back tracking his previous statement). It may not matter if his buddy gets an offer as to whether he remains solid to CU?? But he may still try and I don't have a problem with that. Good for everybody. Smart kid...I have no animosity towards him or Clemson. I don't have a dog in this fight...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up man .. Maybe the AJC blew things a little out of proportion but I'm sure that there was some truth to the article. They just had no proof to substantiate what was said. I never said that I knew what he was thinking or that it was that big of a deal or that he will end up at Ole Miss .. just speculating on some things -- that he's working things for his buddy ... if his buddy gets an offer from Clemson, come back on here and admit that it worked

You'll have to forgive me; I live in the Columbia, SC area and have heard enough misdirected "reporting" on this issue to drive any rational fan insane. The fact of the matter is that the AJC couldn't substantiate their claims, and when Nkemdiche came out and Tweeted what he did, they retracted the article. FWIW, I don't think of many verbals as anything other than an affirmation that the school is their number one choice... for now. Recruiting high profile guys is such a fluid situation, and until I get confirmation that his named has been inked on a LOI and faxed to the Clemson athletic department his recruiting is still open.

^^Agree with this. I'm not dragging his name through the mud..Just saying it seems he may be working the system when it comes to getting his boy a scholly and breaking out all the stops (despite back tracking his previous statement). It may not matter if his buddy gets an offer as to whether he remains solid to CU?? But he may still try and I don't have a problem with that. Good for everybody. Smart kid...I have no animosity towards him or Clemson. I don't have a dog in this fight...

Fact of the matter is, the kid in question (DB Ryan Carter) is a recruit in his own right. He has a handful of lower-tier D1 offers currently (you'd have to check some of the previous posts either here or on the Clemson board as I can't remember off hand) and will likely end up with a few more. To be honest, I doubt we will offer Carter due to lack of room and the simple fact that we already have two DBs and what looks to be a decent shot at Fuller and maybe Hargreaves.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FWIW, I don't harbor any animosity toward VT or their fans; just heard enough of the misdirection and false reports regarding this issue already.